E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > All-Wheel-Drive (Xi / xDrive) Talk > Question for tckline truematch coilover owners?

03-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #1
CT335xi
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 x5 m50i, 2005 evo 8

Question for tckline truematch coilover owners?

Just wanted to know if you have to use the factory bumpstops on the tckline front struts?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Doyle
Hellafunctional
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Don't quote me on it, but no.

Shoot Harold a pm. He'll know for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 01:16 PM   #3
CT335xi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Don't quote me on it, but no.

Shoot Harold a pm. He'll know for sure.
Doyle thanks but I just looked on TC Kline website and it says it was suppose to come with bump rubbers, I also noticed them in a picture on one of threads. The reason I asked was I had the coilovers install yesterday and there were no bump stops in the boxes, so I assumed you didn't need them. When I took the car for a ride the suspension rides really nice except for when I hit a good bump. The car felt like something was bottoming out. I will be contacting TC Kline for the missing bump rubbers and have my buddy install them. In the mean time I just took my old bump stops and trimmed about 3/4 of an inch off them and sliced them down the middle so I could get them in. Then I took the car for another ride and problem solved no more banging. I'm running 350/600 on the springs.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #4
Doyle
Hellafunctional
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT335xi View Post
Doyle thanks but I just looked on TC Kline website and it says it was suppose to come with bump rubbers, I also noticed them in a picture on one of threads. The reason I asked was I had the coilovers install yesterday and there were no bump stops in the boxes, so I assumed you didn't need them. When I took the car for a ride the suspension rides really nice except for when I hit a good bump. The car felt like something was bottoming out. I will be contacting TC Kline for the missing bump rubbers and have my buddy install them. In the mean time I just took my old bump stops and trimmed about 3/4 of an inch off them and sliced them down the middle so I could get them in. Then I took the car for another ride and problem solved no more banging. I'm running 350/600 on the springs.
Hopefully it works out. How do they feel in the meantime?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
CT335xi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyle View Post
Hopefully it works out. How do they feel in the meantime?
Doyle it feel awesome. I also just put on my other wheels volk re30 with ps2 tires. Its nice to take off those crap-flat tires, they weigh in at 55 lbs with oem 17 inch rims versus my new setup 39 lbs. When I do get the proper bump stops I plan on swapping them out, but it the mean time the car feels great. I would recommend these coilovers to anybody, very quality product.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2012, 07:50 AM   #6
Doyle
Hellafunctional
Rep

Quote:
Doyle it feel awesome. I also just put on my other wheels volk re30 with ps2 tires. Its nice to take off those crap-flat tires, they weigh in at 55 lbs with oem 17 inch rims versus my new setup 39 lbs. When I do get the proper bump stops I plan on swapping them out, but it the mean time the car feels great. I would recommend these coilovers to anybody, very quality product.
Awesome. I'm really happy that they are working out well. At least now people know that I'm not crazy...they really are that much better than KW's or Bilstein/H&R!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 12:49 PM   #7
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

OP, that was an oversight on our part and we apologize for that. By now, you should have received the bump stops for your front struts. Front struts should always have some type of bump stop attached to it.

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to call or email.

Thank you for the business.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
CT335xi
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC Kline Racing View Post
OP, that was an oversight on our part and we apologize for that. By now, you should have received the bump stops for your front struts. Front struts should always have some type of bump stop attached to it.

If you need anything further, please don't hesitate to call or email.

Thank you for the business.
Thanks for sending out the bump stops. I still have the stock ones in there for the time being, but got to swing by Autotechnic to have the new ones installed. I went with your specs for my spring rates and I'm very happy with the ride, awesome product.

Thanks John
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #9
TC Kline Racing
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many BMW's & Porsche's

Quote:
Thanks for sending out the bump stops. I still have the stock ones in there for the time being, but got to swing by Autotechnic to have the new ones installed. I went with your specs for my spring rates and I'm very happy with the ride, awesome product.

Thanks John
Thanks for the Kudos....we have been getting great reviews so far
Appreciate 0