E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Driver heated seat failure!! passenger heated seat working fine - how to fix?

03-01-2015, 08:48 AM   #1
Opo
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335i E92 6MT (12/06 build)

Exclamation Driver heated seat failure!! passenger heated seat working fine - how to fix?

Hi Everyone,

I am creating this post because I was only able to find very little information on troubleshooting steps/repairing info for the heated seats in an e90/e92.

Just the other week, I turned my driver seat heater on and within 1 second afterwards it turns itself back off. There is an audible clicking noise from a module under the seat.

All other seat adjustments work fine (adjustments, lumbar, memory switches etc.) they are sport seats if that matters.

My passenger seat heater works perfectly fine.

I have checked for a blown fuse, all my fuses are fine.

The driver seat heater just refuses to work, it doesn't work sometimes (as some others have had happen) it absolutely won't stay on.

After checking fuses I checked some things with INPA, see the attached screenshots.

The German screenshot translates to: (google translate)

"
9E5F error-reject fast heating field

Mileage 196000 km
outside temperature -13.50 Grad C

signal or value above threshold
fulfills test conditions
error currently available and already stored
error was not cause a warning light lamp

Error code: 9E 5F 61 5F B4 35
"

I also have the Bentley repair manual (which is a crap repair manual vs. what I'm used to for Hondas/Acuras) and it is not very helpful but here is the only info I was able to find on heated seats in it:

"
Seat heating is controlled and powered by JBE. Request for seat heating activation is initiated from centre console switch cluster (SZM) directly to IHKA control panel, then via K-CAN to JBE.
1. IHKA control panel
2. Centre console switch cluster (SZM)
3. Junction block electronic module (JBE)
4. Seat heating module
Driver seat module
"

Apparently there are separate 'seat heating modules' underneath each seat - can I swap the driver and passenger side ones to see if that is my problem?

The only other thread I was able to find was:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=740887
Which no definite solutions/troubleshooting is found in that thread.

Would like to get some clear troubleshooting steps in this thread for the community.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 02:24 PM   #2
maf330xi
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330xi

Any updates on this? Were you able to find a solution.

Blacklines | 19" Morr VS8.2 | Gloss Black Grilles | PE | M-Tech | KW V1 | Euro Spec Headlights
Appreciate 0