E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Parts you have had difficulties to get hold of ?

03-11-2013, 05:32 PM   #1
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

Parts you have had difficulties to get hold of ?

Hey there

There must be some parts for your BMW you have always wanted to get hold of, but it just has seemed impossible.

Having had our 320d for nearly 3 years now (no issues at all !), Ive had a chance to get hold of most of the parts planned beforehand. Ive been looking for a few parts endlessly with no sign what so ever. These second hand parts have been :

- E90 performance side skirts
- Logic 7 under-seat subs
- E90 rear M-Sport bumper in Titanium Silver (all of these are in crappy condition)
- E90 pre-LCI M-Sport splitters (OEM or aftermarket)

What about you ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What forum members are finding hard to get :

Kerr http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=107988 - ,,his balls cause his belly gets in the way"

1 AKY http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=25894 - Rear split seats for an E90 Msport in Dakota Lemon

Nigelo http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=131956 - E92 CSL bootlid

Stevese90 http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=172651 - E90 performance diffuser

Triggster http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=150241 - lug repair kit

Sparky68 http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=177823 - electric supercharger lol

Cyprio http://www.e90post.com/forums/member.php?u=116940 - E91 Sport LCI Colour-coded front splitters

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited by Matrez; 03-18-2013 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #2
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Seems like the idea was idiotic. Almost 200 views and not a comment. Anyway thanks for looking guys
      03-12-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

My balls cause my belly gets in the way.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2013, 08:05 PM   #4
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post
My balls cause my belly gets in the way.
Fantastic joke mate
      03-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #5
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Rear split seats for an E90 Msport in Dakota Lemon
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 01:02 PM   #6
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 AKY View Post
Rear split seats for an E90 Msport in Dakota Lemon
If Ill see the item anywhere Ill let you know
      03-13-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
PowerCorrupts
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325d

I had enormous difficulty getting a rear M sport bumper that was in decent condition!

I traveled as far as the Nazgul flies before I finally found one that was in a decent condition, and not overpriced..
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 04:30 PM   #8
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerCorrupts View Post
I had enormous difficulty getting a rear M sport bumper that was in decent condition!

I traveled as far as the Nazgul flies before I finally found one that was in a decent condition, and not overpriced..
Thats the problem in my case. I bought the M-Sport bumper brackets off eBay for £25 posted (superb price) a few days ago as these never come with bumpers. Now I am just looking for a diffuser for around £30 as thats the right price in my opinion. There are many bumpers (bare skin) upto £100 but these have dents, cuts, huge scratches and broken tabs. A garage would charge around £100 for fixing and respraying so the bumper would cost £150-£200 overall ! I just wanna get a decent bumper (Titanium Silver) for around £100 and stick on it already purchased brackets and diffuser. All in would be no more than £200. Still the tabs would need to be fixed but I assume a decent glue would deal with it.

How was it in your case ? Prices etc etc...
      03-13-2013, 05:34 PM   #9
PowerCorrupts
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Maaaaaaaaaaan I had a nightmare!

Went to see about 3-4 bumpers, all the sellers SWORE they were in good condition - got there and they had a huge dent/scratch etc, and they still wanted between 180-220! (e92 bumper tho)

Ended up finding a guy in Birmingham who was incredibly honest, and I was actually happy to pay him for the bumper because he hadn't wasted all my time.

The cheapest quote I got to repair my old bumper was £350 (Someone hit me in a car park and didn't leave a note or anything!!) and I think after all the fuel I spent, and selling my old bumper + diffuser on for £80, I only saved myself around £100, think I'd have rather paid it and saved myself all the hassle.

/rant over

On a side note though, I don't think broken tabs will be much of a problem. Mine had 4 broken and 2 sort of loose, and it's a perfect fit, doesn't sag or pop out at all!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Maaaaaaaaaaan I had a nightmare!

Went to see about 3-4 bumpers, all the sellers SWORE they were in good condition - got there and they had a huge dent/scratch etc, and they still wanted between 180-220! (e92 bumper tho)

Ended up finding a guy in Birmingham who was incredibly honest, and I was actually happy to pay him for the bumper because he hadn't wasted all my time.

The cheapest quote I got to repair my old bumper was £350 (Someone hit me in a car park and didn't leave a note or anything!!) and I think after all the fuel I spent, and selling my old bumper + diffuser on for £80, I only saved myself around £100, think I'd have rather paid it and saved myself all the hassle.

/rant over

On a side note though, I don't think broken tabs will be much of a problem. Mine had 4 broken and 2 sort of loose, and it's a perfect fit, doesn't sag or pop out at all!
Ohhh damn man, that sounds bad Glad you got it on the end lol I had similar story with finding front Sport bumper, went to see a few (50 miles away!) and got so dissapointed but the seller (lier) didnt even care about all the hassle. Finally I got a great bumper delivered from London - company is called FirstClassBumpers or something like so. I had a chat with the bloke on the phone before buying and he seemed very genuine. I bought it straight away from his eBay shop and got it delivered a few days later. It was in as described condition so was well happy. Now Ive been hunting for the rear one for over a year or even more. When I spot one on eBay I tell a guy to send me photos of all the damages etc etc, if not bye bye !

£350 for fixing the bumper.... madness... Guys from Bugatti or some sort lol
      03-14-2013, 01:34 AM   #11
Earlwilliams
Rep
Drives: Honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrez View Post
Hey there

There must be some parts for your BMW you have always wanted to get hold of, but it just has seemed impossible.

Having had our 320d for nearly 3 years now (no issues at all !), Ive had a chance to get hold of most of the car accessories planned beforehand. Ive been looking for a few parts endlessly with no sign what so ever. These parts have been :
- Performance side skirts
- Logic 7 under-seat subs
- rear M-Sport bumper (all of these are in crappy condition)
- Performance splitters (OEM or aftermarket)

Of course second hand parts

What about you ?
I am not sure about these parts as I love to drive my BMW and never did any repairing own my own

Last edited by Earlwilliams; 03-14-2013 at 10:54 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #12
PowerCorrupts
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Ohhh damn man, that sounds bad Glad you got it on the end lol I had similar story with finding front Sport bumper, went to see a few (50 miles away!) and got so dissapointed but the seller (lier) didnt even care about all the hassle. Finally I got a great bumper delivered from London - company is called FirstClassBumpers or something like so. I had a chat with the bloke on the phone before buying and he seemed very genuine. I bought it straight away from his eBay shop and got it delivered a few days later. It was in as described condition so was well happy. Now Ive been hunting for the rear one for over a year or even more. When I spot one on eBay I tell a guy to send me photos of all the damages etc etc, if not bye bye !

£350 for fixing the bumper.... madness... Guys from Bugatti or some sort lol
Well good luck to finding one! If I see one at all I'll let you know

Almost had a heart attack when I got quoted £350, I think it's cos it had a fairly large hole in the bumper, with a load of scratches.. but still £350 is overkill lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #13
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlwilliams View Post
I am not sure about these parts as I love to drive my BMW and never did any repairing own my own
Well, some people buy a BMW mainly for driving pleasure and dont wanna waste time on looking for some second hand parts and worrying if these will fit or not lol Some see as much pleasure in upgrading the parts as in enjoying driving
      03-14-2013, 06:37 PM   #14
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Well good luck to finding one! If I see one at all I'll let you know

Almost had a heart attack when I got quoted £350, I think it's cos it had a fairly large hole in the bumper, with a load of scratches.. but still £350 is overkill lol.
Superb, thank you for your help finding one

LoL, I could imagine you were close to a heart attack ! For this amount of money you can have a car I think you could get a brand new bumper for that amount of cash anyway LoL !!!
      03-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #15
Nigelo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i se

I've been hoping and waiting for a while now for a CSL bootlid to come up 2nd hand, to no avail!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:00 PM   #16
Stevese90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d ed

I've been on the look out for a second hand e90 performance diffuser to no avail at a decent price
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #17
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelo View Post
I've been hoping and waiting for a while now for a CSL bootlid to come up 2nd hand, to no avail!
Thats a hard one ! What about if you buy brand new CSL spoiler like so :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E92-3-...item35c4f92b3a
      03-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #18
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevese90 View Post
I've been on the look out for a second hand e90 performance diffuser to no avail at a decent price
A brand new one costs hugeeee amount of money so I think noone buys these therefore no 2nd hand ones I would never pay this kind of money... Anyway wish you luck in finding one, anything I see will inform you
      03-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #19
Nigelo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i se

Quote:
Thats a hard one ! What about if you buy brand new CSL spoiler like so :
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E92-3-...item35c4f92b3a
Looked at them a fair bit, due to the cheapness, but the join along the top of the boot would upset me a little. Some day my bootlid will come!!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2013, 08:16 PM   #20
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigelo View Post
Looked at them a fair bit, due to the cheapness, but the join along the top of the boot would upset me a little. Some day my bootlid will come!!
Yeah I would say the spoiler would look a bit crappy, but what about these bootlids :

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-E92-Co...item27d0159506

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/07-10-BMW-...item19c87d47aa

I dont know if the price is ok. Never been interested... Anyway just to let you know if u havent seen these
      03-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
Triggster
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 07 E90 M Sport 330D

Lug repair kit? I was looking for this yesterday online and couldn't manage to find one.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 05:59 PM   #22
Matrez
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triggster View Post
Lug repair kit? I was looking for this yesterday online and couldn't manage to find one.
I remember there were a few sets on the forum in the past. Someone said that the BMW X5 lug repair kit would do the trick for a fraction of the price. Anything Ill see, will let you know