E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Good Bmw Forums With 'classifieds' Sections

10-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
Lazza
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M-Sport

Good Bmw Forums With 'classifieds' Sections

Guys and Girls,

Can you suggest some other forums which will be good to advertise my car 335i on?

Cheers,
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
col2611
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-Sport

Your best bet is probably autotrader. It's quite expensive compared to pistonheads etc, but more people use it
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 11:19 AM   #3
Adam1712
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw E92 335d

Agree with above, recently sold my previous Bm in 4 days on auto trader
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 11:21 AM   #4
M5rius
Banned
Lithuania
Rep
Drives: e92

Garage List
2007 bmw e92  [9.00]
sold my old bmw same day on autotrader
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 11:36 AM   #5
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Nothing worse than new members just joining up to sell their car.

Autotrader does work.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #6
Mattfox89
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 330d

Autotrader is probably best mate.

Your trying to sell a BMW on a BMW forum people on here already have one.

But good look with the sale.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #7
Lazza
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post

Autotrader does work.
What's that meant to mean....?
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 08:22 AM   #8
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
What he is saying that its does not give much confidence to buyers if you join other forums to sell your car.

Just imagine that somebody joins this forum and his first post is to sell the car. How much confidence will you have to buy that car?
      10-14-2014, 08:36 AM   #9
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
What he is saying that its does not give much confidence to buyers if you join other forums to sell your car.

Just imagine that somebody joins this forum and his first post is to sell the car. How much confidence will you have to buy that car?
Exactly that.

On forums people buy on trust. I tend not to even consider new potentially untrustworthy new members.

I know a lot of people feel the same way.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2014, 09:34 AM   #10
Russbmw
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2018 630iGT sport

Garage List
I was going to say, we have the same on our forum.

Not only is it a little irritating for us, as the owners, that people sign up for free, contribute nothing to the forum and just advertise their car - but also, as mentioned but still related, as there is no interaction with anyone there is no trust.

There may also be (as we had until recently) rules in place regarding a minimum post count before you can post ads.

Personally, I'd only advertise on forums I already use, so at least people know me, or use autotrader.

Stick something up on facebook as well if you use it, friends can share it around as well.
      10-15-2014, 06:09 PM   #11
Lazza
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

I think you're being really harsh.

I use E90 post to educate myself on my car and to ask advice from likeminded people, who for the most part, are very helpful.

I use E90 as it's specifically for my car. I don't have the time to spend hours joining different generic BMW forums. If i saw an ad on here from a member who generally uses another forum I wouldn't think anything of it.

Say for example someone posted an ad on here but general used Bimmerpost as that's his/her preference, and linked it to their original post on Bimmerpost, I personally wouldn't think ANYTHING of it at all.

Are we not all just likeminded people with a common interest?? What is this? Forum wars or something???

99% of people are really helpful on here. I've been a member for a few years as it's a really good source of info and advice. Why do I need to be a regular on another forum to interact with other enthusiasts. The other 1% are just rude and would never have the balls to say half the stuff they do to people's faces

Bloody ridiculous. We're all just people, that like BMW's. END OF. There is a real world out there you know
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:11 PM   #12
Lazza
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post

I don't have the time to use all the forums!? I use e90 as it's the nest source for my car. If someone from Bimmerpost came on here and said 'hey guys, I'm not getting too much interest on Bimmer, what do you think of my ad? any advice? too expensive? etc. It's sharing information and general politeness
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:12 PM   #13
Lazza
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerr View Post

Autotrader does work.
RUDE
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:36 PM   #14
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

You aren't helping your case mate
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #15
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
RUDE
Eh?

What's rude about stating the obvious?

Ask everyone on forums if they like new members signing up just to sell things and I can bet the vast majority say they aren't a fan.

I'm really unsure how you have construed my post to be rude.

What is rude is when someone does take the time to answer your thread and the best response you can give is typing back RUDE unnecessarily.
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #16
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep

If you want advice why you aren't getting much interest, here goes.

Your advert is terrible with block capitals throughout, some really odd phrases and spelling errors to begin with.

You'll probably say it shouldn't matter, but loads of people judge you on that.

People don't want to be told the clutch isn't slipping or doesn't have knocks or bangs. You expect that the car won't have issues like that.

You keep going on about being an enthusiast, the car is unmolested and is also in superb condition.

Looking at the photos I can see that the washer jet cover is a mile off colour and stands out like a sore thumb, the alloys are kerbed and you've interior scratches too. You also mention wear on the steering wheel and gear knob.

The fact you state the car is superb condition and within seconds there is a few obvious issues, already makes me think, what else makes this car fall short of superb condition that he isn't telling me?

You keep saying you are an enthusiast but seem seem indecisive and don't have the knowledge about specification or values.

What also strikes me is how desperate you are to sell the car. I've lost count of how many times you've asked what it's worth, you've butted in to other people's for sale threads to point out you have one for sale too.

What you can also see on this forum is that you've not had the car long. You only had it for a few weeks and you were already looking to sell it.

A quick glance of your previous posts opens up loads of other questions about the car, but I'm not going into great detail.

I'm not looking for another 335i, but if I read your advert I would honestly skip past it. It just doesn't give me confidence at all.

As I said in your other thread, rarely do cars sell on here. People aren't looking to buy BMWs on a BMW forum and people don't join here to buy BMWs. Just like yourself they often go to dealers to buy a car and get finance.

Best of luck with the sale, but making a far better advert, fixing the small little obvious problems, then advertising on Autotrader is what I would do.

Last edited by Kerr; 10-16-2014 at 03:57 AM..
Appreciate 0