E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > iDrive Compatible Video Integration

08-06-2007, 12:35 AM   #1
Q.I.T.T.
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 monaco blue all the fixins

iDrive Compatible Video Integration

I'm new to this forum. I've been dreaming about owning a 3 series for as long as I can remember. I finally got one a couple months ago (335 coupe/monaco blue/performance/premium/comfort access/ipod integration/razr integration/3m bra). Love it. Love it. Love it.

I've been trying to figure out the best way to get DVDs and a TV tuner to play off the iDrive. I read about TVandNav2Go, but I'd love a setup with tighter integration so I don't have to use extra remotes. Wondering if you guys have tried or heard of any setups that would have integration into the iDrive? I found a UK website that listed a video integration package that they say would work. But since I haven't heard much about here, I'm thinking it might be too good to be true.

http://www.nav-tv.co.uk/show_product...product_id=221

I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 01:25 AM   #2
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep
Drives: Arctic e90 330i

Garage List
the tvandnav2go module has an idrive controller module, so you dont have to use the remote. you just need to move it to the 3 oclock position and then 6 oclock postion to switch inputs on the idrive knob.

Last edited by ntpcrew13; 08-07-2007 at 10:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 02:53 AM   #3
nico335
Rep
n/a
Drives:

anyone have this? can you post reviews?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #4
Q.I.T.T.
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335 monaco blue all the fixins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpcrew13 View Post
the tvandnav2go module has an idrive controller module, so you dont have to use the remote. you just need to move it to the 2 oclock position and then 6 oclock postion to switch inputs on the idrive knob.
Thanks for the info. Your car is pretty sweet. I dig your mod list. Doing a 335 up the same? That'll be sick. Did you install your tvandnav2go or have it done? Does the idrive controller come with the tvandnav2go or do you have to buy it separately? Just curious.

BTW-Does anyone know a good pro shop to get this done in the midwest? I'm all thumbs when it comes to putting something back together after I took it apart.

Thanks.

Quan
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #5
Dmillion
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2005 bmw 545i

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=movie+idrive

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...t=movie+idrive
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2007, 10:20 PM   #6
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.I.T.T. View Post
Thanks for the info. Your car is pretty sweet. I dig your mod list. Doing a 335 up the same? That'll be sick. Did you install your tvandnav2go or have it done? Does the idrive controller come with the tvandnav2go or do you have to buy it separately? Just curious.

BTW-Does anyone know a good pro shop to get this done in the midwest? I'm all thumbs when it comes to putting something back together after I took it apart.

Thanks.

Quan
thanks!!! i did install it in my car and another one in my buddy's red e90. i will be doing 2-3 installs in sept. i know there was a group by for the module and the idrive controller for 425 shipped. i bought the module in its first group buy and it didnt have an idrive controller at the time. i paid 415 shipped. the company that sells the module made an idrive controller available for my model module, but they were selling it for 85-100 bucks. i didnt think it was worth it, but the newer ones at the price of 425 shipped are definitely worth it. if you come down to chicago; i would be willing to do it.

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 08:00 PM   #7
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Probably a repost but anyone notice that TVandNAv2Go are about to release an tool for the E90 that "unlocks" the native iDrive TV and DVD facility?

They now also have a much higher quality RGB interface for PC output.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 10:17 PM   #8
ntpcrew13
Lieutenant Colonel
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by zenmaster View Post
Probably a repost but anyone notice that TVandNAv2Go are about to release an tool for the E90 that "unlocks" the native iDrive TV and DVD facility?

They now also have a much higher quality RGB interface for PC output.
are you referring to the "TVandNav2Go OBD-Edition (Full version)?" i have seen it on the site for quite sometime, but im not sure if it is done yet. this would make things alot easier.

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2007, 11:30 PM   #9
zenmaster
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntpcrew13 View Post
are you referring to the "TVandNav2Go OBD-Edition (Full version)?" i have seen it on the site for quite sometime, but im not sure if it is done yet. this would make things alot easier.
Yes. I'm guessing they just sniffed a real serial-link "coding" of that feature, figured out the protocol and are essentially playing it back into the serial port.
You cold use iDrive to select TV/DVD then have a small PC provide whatever RGB video signal. What is iDrive LCD screen res?
Appreciate 0