E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Packages, how much discount?

09-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #1
NoKids
Major
Rep
Drives: ...

Garage List
2008 328i  [0.00]
Packages, how much discount?

My '08 is coming in a couple weeks, and I'm going to have to go the dealership and get a whole bunch of stuff to add to the car. They mentioned there were packages that would save me money, so I'd like to know what you all think the discount 'should' be for all this stuff. I'll put the full price for each item as it's priced at my dealer if i get it alone.

-OEM Alarm + installation: $699
-Window Tint: $399
-Road Hazard Protection (tire and rim): $579
-PPF Clear Bra + installation: $ ???
-Winter Tires: ???

Keep in mind I am not leasing, I paid the whole $55K to the dealer and got a $700 discount on the car. . . Should I use that as a bargaining chip?

thanks

--------

I'm thinking I should get the tint for free and the labour costs for the alarm and clear bra for free; but pay for the actual products. that would save me like $800+
      09-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #2
who's ur daddy?
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Canada's first and only 323xi

The alarm is USD$230 and installation is pretty easy. All of the wiring is there. You can do it yourself quite easily. You will need dealer activation - about $60 is my guess. That's too pricey.

Tint $250. Dealership price is too pricey.

Hell anything the dealer does is too pricey.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #3
ians
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i 6MT, 04 TSX 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoKids View Post
Keep in mind I am not leasing, I paid the whole $55K to the dealer and got a $700 discount on the car. . . Should I use that as a bargaining chip?

thanks

--------

I'm thinking I should get the tint for free and the labour costs for the alarm and clear bra for free; but pay for the actual products. that would save me like $800+
Once you signed the deal, you dun have ne bargain power, no matter you get 10k discount or pay msrp. Dealer will make more money if you lease it too.
Appreciate 0