E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > *Official Ohio Chat Thread*

04-10-2013, 11:14 AM   #1497
Supra98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Anybody know of a good place to get down pipes installed in or around Columbus? IPS wants to charge me $150 more than what they did before.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #1498
arachnyd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i

New E90 in Cinci Area! (well old e90, but its new to me!)

I live just north of Cinci (West Chester). I've always been a "hater" of BMWs in all honesty, but after meeting some of the guys that raced them with me I came around and now I own one myself.

I race a Corvette and I have a few other cars in my portfolio, but I bought a 330i a few weeks ago and so far my wife and I have both pretty much fallen in love with it with an exception of a few quirks. In fact we are already thinking about upgrading it to a used M3 or a new 335 i xDrive with the options we want. I was originally test driving 5 series, but oddly I couldnt fit very well (I'm 6'9") because the center console bulged too far out and the steering wheel was so big there was no place for my knee. I fit perfectly in the 3 series though!

I read through this and see there are some other people in the area. I've been going to Lofinos and Thursday Night Lights for a few years in other cars, but I'll probably bring the e90 at some point. I also regularly attend and compete in other car shows and with the SCCA. The car is an M Sport and I can't believe how fun of a car to drive it is- really compares to my older Mercedes SLK and zips around town better than some of my sports cars I've owned while at the same time having all the luxury goodness you could want.

Sorry for the long intro!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2013, 08:11 AM   #1499
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 09 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra98 View Post
Anybody know of a good place to get down pipes installed in or around Columbus? IPS wants to charge me $150 more than what they did before.
I am willing to give it a try!
      04-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #1500
mashimarho
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: E92 M3 & F80 M3 & G82 M4

Garage List
SOUTHEAST MICHIGAN PEOPLE:

Anyone want to come by Ann Arbor and help work on my car with me?
My friends bailed and I could use the extra help. I'll be doing quite a few things.
I am going to be in Ann Arbor because my sponsor is working on my headlights.
I'll be there around 6 PM.
      04-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #1501
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by arachnyd View Post

I live just north of Cinci (West Chester). I've always been a "hater" of BMWs in all honesty, but after meeting some of the guys that raced them with me I came around and now I own one myself.

I race a Corvette and I have a few other cars in my portfolio, but I bought a 330i a few weeks ago and so far my wife and I have both pretty much fallen in love with it with an exception of a few quirks. In fact we are already thinking about upgrading it to a used M3 or a new 335 i xDrive with the options we want. I was originally test driving 5 series, but oddly I couldnt fit very well (I'm 6'9") because the center console bulged too far out and the steering wheel was so big there was no place for my knee. I fit perfectly in the 3 series though!

I read through this and see there are some other people in the area. I've been going to Lofinos and Thursday Night Lights for a few years in other cars, but I'll probably bring the e90 at some point. I also regularly attend and compete in other car shows and with the SCCA. The car is an M Sport and I can't believe how fun of a car to drive it is- really compares to my older Mercedes SLK and zips around town better than some of my sports cars I've owned while at the same time having all the luxury goodness you could want.

Hey welcome!! I'm sure you have heard that TNL has moved to Kilkare and is now FNL...suckss bc that's just too far from Cincy.

I used to have a tiburon that I raced AutoX and did multiple track days at Putnam and Mid-O. Fun car that I used to beat up on the bmws and Porsche drivers at the track days lol I'm too scared to track my 335 tho lol shit is expensive on this thing. My dad is trying yo convince me to do a track day with him this summer lol
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 05:11 PM   #1502
Supra98
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by David1 View Post
I am willing to give it a try!
I may take you up on that. Going to visit a tech a Kelly BMW first to see if he'll do it on the side first. Would just do it myself but my hands are to big haha
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2013, 11:22 AM   #1503
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra98 View Post
I may take you up on that. Going to visit a tech a Kelly BMW first to see if he'll do it on the side first. Would just do it myself but my hands are to big haha
Its not a bad job on a lift. I did mine at work with a buddy and it took about 2hrs only bc we got stuck putting one of the DPs VBands on lol moving the steering rack makes crazy room too BTW
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #1504
Marcumac
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M235i

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

I live in Fairfield, you should come hang out with some OhioBimmers members on Thursday nights at The Root Beer Stand in Sharonville, we meet around 6!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #1505
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcumac View Post
I live in Fairfield, you should come hang out with some OhioBimmers members on Thursday nights at The Root Beer Stand in Sharonville, we meet around 6!
Is that an every thurs thing? I'm gonna try to come out when its nice and the car's clean lol
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 12:01 AM   #1506
spkcadet
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 JGC Summit

Totally forgot to mention on here that Columbus cars and coffee is back in session. We are moved now towards the back of the lot mainly because of such a large showing. Week and a half ago when I went there were at least 60+ cars that showed and that was with cold weather. Looking forward to seeing what happens when it warms up!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 03:56 PM   #1507
CWysong
tuned n dropped 335xi
Rep
Drives: '09 335i Xdrive e90

Good afternoon Ohio BMW owners! I am from Dayton and want to join the action. I have not been to any cruise ins or car club things as a BMW owner yet. Kil-Kare is right in my area though! But its not open yet this year (under new ownership, and a new paved track!) and last year I did not run into any Euro owners except my buddies MkV GTI. Good to meet you all!

Anyone know of a good shop, or anyone want to help me for some beer and cash, install a new set of kw v1s?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:15 PM   #1508
arachnyd
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOTMH8N View Post
Hey welcome!! I'm sure you have heard that TNL has moved to Kilkare and is now FNL...suckss bc that's just too far from Cincy.

I used to have a tiburon that I raced AutoX and did multiple track days at Putnam and Mid-O. Fun car that I used to beat up on the bmws and Porsche drivers at the track days lol I'm too scared to track my 335 tho lol shit is expensive on this thing. My dad is trying yo convince me to do a track day with him this summer lol
I did hear about the move to Kilkare, but I didn't not know it moved to Fridays. That will probably be a deal breaker for me- I'll go up a few times, but not what I plan on spending EVERY Friday doing... haha.

Good ol' Tibby's! haha. I'll let you know next time we do a casual track day. We are full next week, but don't be scared to track yoru 335... just don't do anything stupid! haha. What's the point of owning a car if your too afraid to drive it like it was built to be driven? I'll keep my eyes out for you though!

Quote:
Now that it looks like TNL is out, I'll have nothing else to do on Thursdays! haha. I'll swing by. I know there are a few e90 owners at Cars and Coffee in fairfield every saturday morning, but I haven't gotten out there yet, so I'll track you down at The Root Beer Stand.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 08:49 PM   #1509
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I did hear about the move to Kilkare, but I didn't not know it moved to Fridays. That will probably be a deal breaker for me- I'll go up a few times, but not what I plan on spending EVERY Friday doing... haha.

Good ol' Tibby's! haha. I'll let you know next time we do a casual track day. We are full next week, but don't be scared to track yoru 335... just don't do anything stupid! haha. What's the point of owning a car if your too afraid to drive it like it was built to be driven? I'll keep my eyes out for you though!

Now that it looks like TNL is out, I'll have nothing else to do on Thursdays! haha. I'll swing by. I know there are a few e90 owners at Cars and Coffee in fairfield every saturday morning, but I haven't gotten out there yet, so I'll track you down at The Root Beer Stand.
Haha man I know I just wish I had an upgraded FMIC and oil cooler first. I might try some autox this year at least lol

I was hoping to hit up the root beer stand tmw but it looks like rain all day
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 06:44 AM   #1510
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The thurs thing going on tonight? I work til 6 and was gonna wash the car real quick and head up
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:30 AM   #1511
nospoolin
Private
Rep
Drives: WTB E92

Quote:
The thurs thing going on tonight? I work til 6 and was gonna wash the car real quick and head up
Muck, I'll be at work till 7,Have an hour drive back, and Live in Columbus.

Any Columbus guys?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 11:57 AM   #1512
GOTMH8N
Stay Classy
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospoolin View Post
Muck, I'll be at work till 7,Have an hour drive back, and Live in Columbus.

Any Columbus guys?
You commute to cincy?!?!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #1513
nospoolin
Private
Rep
Drives: WTB E92

Quote:
You commute to cincy?!?!
I commute to Raymond, Oh. I would have trekked out to Cincy for the meet.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #1514
Jewelzfive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver '06 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spkcadet
Totally forgot to mention on here that Columbus cars and coffee is back in session. We are moved now towards the back of the lot mainly because of such a large showing. Week and a half ago when I went there were at least 60+ cars that showed and that was with cold weather. Looking forward to seeing what happens when it warms up!
What time things get started??? I'd like to come check it out. I've never been to any
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #1515
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelzfive View Post
What time things get started??? I'd like to come check it out. I've never been to any
I get there arounf 8:45
      04-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #1516
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
where you at?
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=793254
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 07:13 AM   #1517
David1
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Heading to c&c now.
      04-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #1518
Jewelzfive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Silver '06 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1
Heading to c&c now.
How was it this weekend I couldn't make it;( ???
Appreciate 0