E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > New KW Variant 3 coilovers launched with proper adjustment knobs !

11-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #1
tscdennab
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW  [6.24]
New KW Variant 3 coilovers launched with proper adjustment knobs !

Hi,

Since these days I am looking at suspension kits for BMW, I just discovered that about 2 months ago KW launched a new line of double-adjustable Variant 3 coilovers. The old Variant 3 dampers had really weird adjustment type and this prevented me to even consider them. But the new ones look really good as far as the adjustment ease, this makes me look at them with high interest.

In the first picture you can see the old style adjustment, in the next 2 pictures you can see the new style adjustments.

EDIT: Just found out that this new version is called "KW V3+". So make sure you ask for this version if you want to buy them.

Nice !
Attached Images

Last edited by tscdennab; 11-02-2011 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

looks like they just put a fancy aluminum star-knob on top of the existing adjuster, and put some numbers on it

but the numbers will make it a lot easier to see where your settings are. especially after you've forgotten where you had them.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
Icecreamfoo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Boosted

not just on V3, the Clubsport that I picked up in September came with the new knobs too. The changes might be across all KW lines?

The new knobs and the markings make adjustments way easier than the older version, especially when reaching for compression tweaking on the rear shocks