E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Manhattan

12-17-2007, 10:21 AM   #1
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RRS SC

BMW of Manhattan

After leasing my first 3-series, my CA left the dealership. When I went to inquire about a deposit for the new M3 I was given to some guy who I have found to be very unresponsive...giving me very little info....seems everyone hears more than I do from my CA.

Can someone recommend another person to deal with at this dealership? I don't know how my curent CA is going to feel if I switch to someone else...I imagine he will be upset, but he has done nothing to earn his comission on my purchase...

Looking or advice!

I like BMW of Manhattan since I live in Manhattan and it's easy to get service there.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2007, 08:51 PM   #2
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

lol...u do know that there are more than ONE dealership
      12-17-2007, 10:21 PM   #3
cycler
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Streetglide and 2011 Dyna

If I were you Ide do 1 of 2 things. #1 go and do a european delivery on your M3, and if #1 cant happen then go to Life Quality in Bay Ridge on 4th Ave and speak with Andy Tse. He will work his ass off to get you what you want. I did euro delivery and my car is in transit right now. This guy keeps me up to date where my car is (well he finally found out that its on a ship). Changes things for me when I needed it. Took car of my dad on his ED. Answers all our questions and goes beyond what is needed from him. And if you get the car from him you can still get it serviced in Manhattan or they will come to you with a loaner and take your vehicle in to their shop in brooklyn and then return your car to you. They even come out to Long Island. Tell him Aaron sent you. He will either pull out his hair since Im probably his most annoying customers or he will treat you like you are his #1 customer.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 09:45 AM   #4
MFL101
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RRS SC

I know there is more than just Manhattan!

It's just so easy for me to access them if need be...not like they give you any additional perks if you do get it from them.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2007, 10:32 AM   #5
e90fanatic
Absolute0
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Has a Roundel

no wonder that CAs are expecting people to ust drop money as if it's dirt
      12-18-2007, 07:41 PM   #6
banggooooo
Prodigal euro car fanatic returning
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08' 335XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFL101 View Post
I know there is more than just Manhattan!

It's just so easy for me to access them if need be...not like they give you any additional perks if you do get it from them.
You can buy your car at one dealership and get it serviced at that one. You don't necessarily have to service your car at the dealer you bought it from. But you might already know that?
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2007, 09:11 PM   #7
cycler
Major General
Rep

Yeah just like i bought mine at orange county bmw in upstate ny and have it serviced at hassel.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 10:11 PM   #8
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2000 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by banggooooo View Post
You can buy your car at one dealership and get it serviced at that one. You don't necessarily have to service your car at the dealer you bought it from. But you might already know that?
I beleive that if you get service where you bought the car ,you get better service
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2007, 11:15 PM   #9
cycler
Major General
Rep

Thats totally not true. The dealer will still make a shit load of money on you if you get it serviced there. especially if thre is some sort of recall. They bill it out to BMW hourly. And for those non warranty related..you pay top dollar.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2007, 01:25 AM   #10
NYF32DRIVER
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 428i X Drive

BMW Manhattan has gone Downhill !

I too have leased 2 cars from BMW Manhattan ( The Only Factory Owned BMW "Store" I believe) And believed that I would be treated just as well as I was in the past... especially since I was leasing my THIRD car.
My really great, previous CA, ("Guido G.") left and I too was given this young, no personality smart-ass ("Eddie L")
I complained to the Sales manager ("John S") several times about this guy and was given VERY little help. They seem to have adopted a MAJOR "take it or leave it" attitude.
Against my better judgement (and also because I was lazy) I ordered the car (a 335i coupe) anyway and now I am going to wind up paying $40 more per month than another dealership (Hassell) who really WANTED me as a customer. The Sales manager told me that if I was unhappy that they would refund my $1000 non-refundable deposit (required to order the car) and I could go elsewhere. I will never deal with these guys again.
      12-28-2007, 06:12 PM   #11
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCE90DRIVER View Post
I too have leased 2 cars from BMW Manhattan ( The Only Factory Owned BMW "Store" I believe) And believed that I would be treated just as well as I was in the past... especially since I was leasing my THIRD car.
My really great, previous CA, ("Guido G.") left and I too was given this young, no personality smart-ass ("Eddie L")
I complained to the Sales manager ("John S") several times about this guy and was given VERY little help. They seem to have adopted a MAJOR "take it or leave it" attitude.
Against my better judgement (and also because I was lazy) I ordered the car (a 335i coupe) anyway and now I am going to wind up paying $40 more per month than another dealership (Hassell) who really WANTED me as a customer. The Sales manager told me that if I was unhappy that they would refund my $1000 non-refundable deposit (required to order the car) and I could go elsewhere. I will never deal with these guys again.
You report is very discouraging. I was hopeing to buy from Manhattan.
When I bought my E 46 they were much lower in price than Hassel but somewhat higher than Bayside , where I did buy my car.It's too bad becuase servicing in Manhattan is very handy for me.Bad treatment, especaily from a sales manager is inexcuable !
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 12:36 PM   #12
Explorer3253
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 f32

Westchester BMW is a factory owned BMW as well so Manhattan is full of it. I bought my first BMW from Westchester and had an amazing experience. Service dept caters to my every need however my old CA left Westchester and is sales manager at Wide World in Spring Valley now. I went to Westchester and the new CA wasn't up to my expectations and wasn't giving me the service I wanted so I saw my old CA who is now a mgr and he took care of me very well! Go to Wide World up in Spring Valley and ask for Elan..he will get you set up right away and he is a hell of a salesman. Very respectful and no nonsense man. Plus you can see some exotic cars in the showroom next door.

PM me if you need more info about the place.
      12-29-2007, 07:36 PM   #13
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253 View Post
Westchester BMW is a factory owned BMW as well so Manhattan is full of it. I bought my first BMW from Westchester and had an amazing experience. Service dept caters to my every need however my old CA left Westchester and is sales manager at Wide World in Spring Valley now. I went to Westchester and the new CA wasn't up to my expectations and wasn't giving me the service I wanted so I saw my old CA who is now a mgr and he took care of me very well! Go to Wide World up in Spring Valley and ask for Elan..he will get you set up right away and he is a hell of a salesman. Very respectful and no nonsense man. Plus you can see some exotic cars in the showroom next door.

I apprecaite the input but New York city or Long Island is handier for me.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2007, 08:39 PM   #14
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycler View Post
Thats totally not true. The dealer will still make a shit load of money on you if you get it serviced there. especially if thre is some sort of recall. They bill it out to BMW hourly. And for those non warranty related..you pay top dollar.
Warranty work is not that profitable. BMW does not pay retail rates to the dealer. They get cost plus from BMW, and the "plus" isn't much.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2007, 12:56 PM   #15
NJE93M3
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 Interlagos Blue

when i went to BMW of Manhattan, I had a very negative experience. They gave off the impression that it was a privelage for you to even be in the dealership. The attitude of the salesmen definately made me walk out.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 04:19 PM   #16
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBMW335i View Post
when i went to BMW of Manhattan, I had a very negative experience. They gave off the impression that it was a privelage for you to even be in the dealership. The attitude of the salesmen definately made me walk out.
Did you try the sales manager to get a different and hopefully better person to deal with ? Where did you end up buying ?
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:38 PM   #17
cycler
Major General
Rep

In the end I hate all car dealer and dealerships. Because of these morons we have to waste our time to find a better deals at other places. They play games with us by telling us we are getting a great discount however they rasie the money factor to make up that difference. Or they lower the residual. And god forbid you actually go into the dealership with knowledge of what the money factor or residual should actually be. They treat you like your some nonpaying customer. In the end because of dealerships like the ones I am writing about I can give a rats ass if at the end of the day the sales ass who took care of me or lack there of can put food on the table. Do I sound bitter and frusterated......your damn right I do. But at least I got taken care of at Life Quality and did my ED and hopefully will get my car in the next 2-3 days.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #18
Kb8jumpman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 328i

Garage List
2008 328i E92  [0.00]
Quote:
If I were you Ide do 1 of 2 things. #1 go and do a european delivery on your M3, and if #1 cant happen then go to Life Quality in Bay Ridge on 4th Ave and speak with Andy Tse. He will work his ass off to get you what you want. I did euro delivery and my car is in transit right now. This guy keeps me up to date where my car is (well he finally found out that its on a ship). Changes things for me when I needed it. Took car of my dad on his ED. Answers all our questions and goes beyond what is needed from him. And if you get the car from him you can still get it serviced in Manhattan or they will come to you with a loaner and take your vehicle in to their shop in brooklyn and then return your car to you. They even come out to Long Island. Tell him Aaron sent you. He will either pull out his hair since Im probably his most annoying customers or he will treat you like you are his #1 customer.
+1 on Andy over at LQ bmw. Got my car from him, I ordered it back in august as the first 08 E92. Got 1K over invoice easy and he did everything possible to keep me happy as well as answer questions through e-mail almost every couple of days for the 8 weeks I waited for my car.

And he is probably the most knowledgeable guy around for ED from what I hear.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2008, 08:46 PM   #19
cycler
Major General
Rep

Andy is still answering my questions because i havent gotten my car yet. I should be getting between tomorow and this weekend. He even answered my emails at night.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #20
bp044
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In the end I hate all car dealer and dealerships. Because of these morons we have to waste our time to find a better deals at other places. They play games with us by telling us we are getting a great discount however they rasie the money factor to make up that difference. Or they lower the residual. And god forbid you actually go into the dealership with knowledge of what the money factor or residual should actually be. They treat you like your some nonpaying customer. In the end because of dealerships like the ones I am writing about I can give a rats ass if at the end of the day the sales ass who took care of me or lack there of can put food on the table. Do I sound bitter and frusterated......your damn right I do. But at least I got taken care of at Life Quality and did my ED and hopefully will get my car in the next 2-3 days.
I always assumed you get better treatment when leasing rather than buying.
I thought leasing gives the dealer a larger profit on the transaction.
Am I wrong in thinking this ?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 03:44 PM   #21
Kb8jumpman
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 328i

Garage List
2008 328i E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp044 View Post
I always assumed you get better treatment when leasing rather than buying.
I thought leasing gives the dealer a larger profit on the transaction.
Am I wrong in thinking this ?
Yes they make more money on the lease and they get another opportunity to sell you another car in 2-3 years.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 06:51 PM   #22
mpimping
Banned
South Korea
Rep
Drives: gti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer3253 View Post

where is elan now? I got my first BMW from WWOC cars and my last one from westchester. When I order my next car it will be at BMW Manhattan. Westchester had this receptionist named Sandra who was off the hook. She doesn't work there anymore.
Appreciate 0