E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Things that really grind your gears

09-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #45
Hamzahk24
///M-Sport
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 2007 328I

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3000GT MR View Post
Sometimes if i shift to second gear to quick it grinds. And intern that grinds my gears
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 08:34 PM   #46
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

when people go to turn the music down but turn my heat down instead. I don't know why but that is the most irritating fucking thing in the world.

actually it grinds my gears when people fiddle with my music at all
      09-19-2013, 08:43 PM   #47
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

When two people are driving just under the speed limit side by side on a two lane road, and one is creeping past the other at about 1kmh faster. It makes me hate humanity and wish I was more bada** and daring enough to storm through the gap between the two cars
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #48
paddy335
Major
Rep
Drives: M140i;X5 40d

Quote:
Originally Posted by apc3libras View Post
It really annoys me when someone is riding my ass on the freeway and then goes around me, gets in front of me and goes slower than I originally was. So then I have to pass them again, then they pass me and it turns into this cycle of hate and confusion for several miles.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 09:27 PM   #49
bmw246
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F83

when people do NOT sit in the intersection during green lights when waiting to make a left turn.... annoying.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #50
jamie31cardinals@hotmail.
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i e90

my first post being a rant lol I bought my car with 100xxx miles and 3 months later I get in my car after a party and I had a girl with me however my car was shaking violently and smelled like gas. Changing the spark plugs and ignition coils hopefully that'll solve the problem if not its going to be the injectors:/ this grinds my gears
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 10:09 PM   #51
kdbryce
I have to return some video tapes
United_States
Rep
Drives: e70 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy335 View Post
When two people are driving just under the speed limit side by side on a two lane road, and one is creeping past the other at about 1kmh faster. It makes me hate humanity and wish I was more bada** and daring enough to storm through the gap between the two cars
+1 just pass on the shoulder!
      09-19-2013, 11:10 PM   #52
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
When it doesn't go into gear and I accidentally let the clutch out, that really grinds my gears (literally).

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 11:29 PM   #53
Game
------
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G87 M2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
Idk if someone already mentioned it, but I think they're like 80$ from the dealer. At least they were a couple years ago. They're cheaper on eBay but I went with the OEM one to be safe
I believe that's only if you have the USB built in. I just have the AUX.

Another thing I HATE.

2 lane road, and a car in front of me in the right lane coming up on a red light. I'm trying to turn right...he isn't. Get your ass in the left lane if you're not trying to turn.
      09-20-2013, 12:38 AM   #54
BoostaVita
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

One thing I dislike: short on-ramp for a busy and crowded highway. You have to stop fully to wait your turn then rev the nuts off to highway speed (65+, so 0-65 times matters) and pray the car you cut don't hit you. No longer bothers me though and I'm sure everyone knows why.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 02:03 AM   #55
Viktimize
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2002 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Ryan View Post
Please share. What originally happened that made me think of this, is how I try to keep a good distance from the car(s)/truck(s) ahead when traveling on the highway, to hopefully lessen the amount of rock chips that may happen. But then the idiot riding your ass decides to go around, gets back right in front of you, but can't go no further because the other car is ahead going nearly the same speed.
I hope to hell you're in the right lane when this happens? If not I suggest you take a look at your own driving practices. If you're taking your time and leaving a pile of distance, then you should be doing it in the right lane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMerrisK View Post
If I'm doing 15-20 over the speed limit in the fast lane don't ride my ass, go around. I'm not driving slow you're just an idiot
Sorry to be the messenger, but that would actually make you the idiot. "Slower traffic keep right" means exactly that. If someone is behind you trying to go faster, you are now the slower moving vehicle and legally need to move over. And regardless of the law it's just plain old common courtesy. It costs you zero time or effort at all to move right just like you're supposed to, but if you don't you're now stealing time from the drivers behind you. No matter what speed you're travelling, left lane camping is THE douchiest move anyone can do behind the wheel of a vehicle. You may think that guy riding your ass is an asshole, but just remember, you pulled the first asshole move by holding him up. He did nothing to you to begin with, you bring it on yourself by not following the simplest of rules of the road.

For me, that is what grinds my gears the worst. Left laners. Especially self entitlted little shits like above that think their time is more important than everyone elses. That is the absolute most annoying thing you can hear from them too "Well it doesn't matter if I move right, you'll just get stuck behind another vehicle in the left lane right ahead of me". No kidding dick head, because there is 100 other assholes just like you that refuse to operate with any form of courtesy or respect for their fellow human beings. If everyone followed this one simple rule of keeping right except to pass, it would be a nice smooth easy sail to your destination no matter what speed anyone was driving. But there is always a few idiots that screw it up at rush hour, and that sets off a chain reaction of clusterfuck for the next 3 hours until volume can clear.

Last edited by Viktimize; 09-20-2013 at 02:25 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 08:38 AM   #56
techietaichi
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i Pre-LCI & 2010 X3

What really grinds my gears is when I'm passing up everybody and some asshat decides to tailgate me when before he/she(usually a he) was having no problem with the speed they were driving before I showed up.
      09-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #57
norsairius
Foodie and Gearhead
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i xDrive Sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 914kid View Post
I have a few more from driving today.

People who drive 20 miles under the limit and speed up when you overtake them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apc3libras View Post
It really annoys me when someone is riding my ass on the freeway and then goes around me, gets in front of me and goes slower than I originally was. So then I have to pass them again, then they pass me and it turns into this cycle of hate and confusion for several miles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techietaichi View Post
What really grinds my gears is when I'm passing up everybody and some asshat decides to tailgate me when before he/she(usually a he) was having no problem with the speed they were driving before I showed up.
I use my cruise control on the interstate/freeway when I can, especially for longer, multi-state drives. These kinds of things above are really annoying. People who speed up when you suddenly try to pass, people who catch up to you and pass you when you passed them a while back already, people who speed up and catch up to you and tailgate you, etc.

Really. If you could be a decent driver and maintain a consistent speed, then none of this would be an issue. If you want to drive my speed, then pay attention like you should be and drive that speed to start with. Don't always judge your speed based on the cars around you, take a look at your dashboard every now and then. Be an attentive driver.

Why the hell would you speed up when another car is trying to pass? You're clearly just driving slower and that's fine, just let other people do the work to get out of your way. Why on earth would you want to become an obstacle? I used to always think that people were driving like complete asses when they'd blow past me on the interstate (esp. around Chicago where there are plenty of crappy drivers) but I've realized that it's GREAT if they want to pass me at higher speeds, and I'm more than happy to move over to the right and let them do so because it allows them to get out of my way and out of sight.

Just PICK A SPEED and STICK WITH IT. No need to race or cut off someone. You and everyone else will get to where you and they need to be. Don't be a dumbass and make the trip there a hassle. I encounter all of the above all too often when I drive on the interstate and NONE of it would be a problem if people were more attentive/conscientious (aka good) drivers.

That concludes my Friday morning rant.
      09-20-2013, 09:38 AM   #58
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbryce View Post
actually it grinds my gears when people fiddle with my music at all
This. I have the one friend that always saying the following when hopping into my ride:

"Geez, it's like a freakin' club in here." (saying it sarcastically)

"What the hell are we listening to?"

"Dude, I'm going to put on a sick song."

"Are you listening to that album I told you about? Here, let me turn it on for you."

"Anyone else want to listen to something else?" (with other people on board)

Christ...
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 10:37 AM   #59
rkavanau
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 f30 335 xdrive, m sport,

Garage List
2011 BMW 335i  [0.00]
People in front of me who spray their windshield while driving down the interstate (in dry conditions).

2013-2017: 2011 335i e90 msport

2009-2013: 2008 328xi E92
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #60
Sandman614
Accepting Donations
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue E92

Garage List
2009 E92 335xi  [0.00]
Every one talking about parking related annoyances should check out:

Youparklikeanasshole.com
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 11:19 AM   #61
apc3libras
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Garage List
1999 BMW M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktimize
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90Ryan View Post
Please share. What originally happened that made me think of this, is how I try to keep a good distance from the car(s)/truck(s) ahead when traveling on the highway, to hopefully lessen the amount of rock chips that may happen. But then the idiot riding your ass decides to go around, gets back right in front of you, but can't go no further because the other car is ahead going nearly the same speed.
I hope to hell you're in the right lane when this happens? If not I suggest you take a look at your own driving practices. If you're taking your time and leaving a pile of distance, then you should be doing it in the right lane.

Quote:
If I'm doing 15-20 over the speed limit in the fast lane don't ride my ass, go around. I'm not driving slow you're just an idiot
Sorry to be the messenger, but that would actually make you the idiot. "Slower traffic keep right" means exactly that. If someone is behind you trying to go faster, you are now the slower moving vehicle and legally need to move over. And regardless of the law it's just plain old common courtesy. It costs you zero time or effort at all to move right just like you're supposed to, but if you don't you're now stealing time from the drivers behind you. No matter what speed you're travelling, left lane camping is THE douchiest move anyone can do behind the wheel of a vehicle. You may think that guy riding your ass is an asshole, but just remember, you pulled the first asshole move by holding him up. He did nothing to you to begin with, you bring it on yourself by not following the simplest of rules of the road.

For me, that is what grinds my gears the worst. Left laners. Especially self entitlted little shits like above that think their time is more important than everyone elses. That is the absolute most annoying thing you can hear from them too "Well it doesn't matter if I move right, you'll just get stuck behind another vehicle in the left lane right ahead of me". No kidding dick head, because there is 100 other assholes just like you that refuse to operate with any form of courtesy or respect for their fellow human beings. If everyone followed this one simple rule of keeping right except to pass, it would be a nice smooth easy sail to your destination no matter what speed anyone was driving. But there is always a few idiots that screw it up at rush hour, and that sets off a chain reaction of clusterfuck for the next 3 hours until volume can clear.
Thanks for pointing that out. I was trying to think if a constructive way of saying it. It's called the passing lane, not the speeding lane. Pass and move over people.
      09-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #62
Kid Eh
I used to be conceited, now I'm perfect.
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 CS

Garage List
2018 BMW M3 CS  [0.00]
Quote:
It's lug nuts like this poster...

"I used to be conceited. Now I'm perfect"
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #63
3000GT MR
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 335i/3000gt vr4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Eh
Quote:
It's lug nuts like this poster...
Better yet the people that ride your ass when your in the left lane already doing 10-15 over and you pull over to let them pass but instead they slow down and do the same speed as you
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #64
smc325xi
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 e91 325xi

People that get stuck in the middle of an intersection because the traffic is backed up. Now my light turns green, but they're still sitting there, blocking my way.

If you can't make it THROUGH the intersection, even if your light is green, DON'T GO.

This happens everyday, on my way to work in the morning and at a different light every afternoon on the way home. WTF! (why the face?)
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #65
catcher22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by smc325xi View Post
People that get stuck in the middle of an intersection because the traffic is backed up. Now my light turns green, but they're still sitting there, blocking my way.

If you can't make it THROUGH the intersection, even if your light is green, DON'T GO.

This happens everyday, on my way to work in the morning and at a different light every afternoon on the way home. WTF! (why the face?)
This is a traffic law in DC.

Each intersection has a sign that says "Don't Block the Box", lol

And DC cops will yell at you and make sure folks remember not to do this again.

But of course, it still happens because people drive like the examples in this thread
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #66
cb4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi

When people stop on an on ramp. This happens more than you would think in Massachusetts. This drives me batty.
Appreciate 0