E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > Barely Legal Tint

08-16-2009, 04:25 AM   #1
black320i
Registered
Australia
Rep
Drives: 09 320i

Barely Legal Tint

Hi

Newbie here..enjoyin my 2nd car and my first bmw ... 09 320i balck sports innovation sunroof 18" rims black interior and brushed aluminium trim and few other fun bits...

One week in and I think im in love....

Anyway, thank you for your advice on other threads re car washing. I took my car to Sydney car Wash chippendale...awsome how they spend over an 1 1/2 hours just on a wax and polish....they sure love their work...

I would like to get some tinting done.....as dark as you can get...but have heard all sorts of problems with some BMW tinting guys....

can anyone in Sydney recommend someone? I would really appreciate your help

will get some pics up when i get tinting done...
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #2
John_01
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 325i, E82 135i

I have "3M black" 35% tinting on my car. I think it is about as dark as possible within the law. pics are here. It was done by the dealer, but I believe they used this company.

http://www.universaltint.com.au/

My previous car had Formula1 film, which I understand to be a ceramic tint. It is also a good quality and good looking grey colour tint, except I think it was probably not quite as dark.

I have been told to avoid using metallic film tint on the 3 series because it will affect the radio reception for FM antenna and may cause problems for remote access as well.

I hope this helps.
Appreciate 0