E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > PROcede CANbus vs Bavarian Technic Diagnostic Tool for High Speed Logging

06-26-2009, 11:51 PM   #1
jv35
Registered
Rep
Drives: N54

Lightbulb PROcede CANbus vs Bavarian Technic Diagnostic Tool for High Speed Logging

Which is better the PROcede CANbus or the Bavarian Technic Diagnostic Tool for real time high speed logging connected to a computer?
What's the refresh rate of both?
Is it dependent on how many variables are selected?
Do both allow access to the same variable set?
Do either of them support an API so we can write our own software that uses the real time data?

I'd like to have a carputer with digital guages and a custom interface, software will be written in C#.

With PROcede, can the tune be changed via the connected laptop while driving? (Would be extra cool)

Are there other logging tools I'm missing?

Any info would be great!
Thanks guys!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

I don't know much about the BT tool, but as for the PROcede..

The PROcede samples 10 times a second, and yes, you can adjust the tune on the fly... if you are writing a custom application, you could ask vishnu for the serial protocol details, (they have it all well documented) and control the PROcede maps and settings directly... Its also rather easy to read the streaming data off the serial connection... I have done it.

-Rick
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 03:30 PM   #3
jv35
Registered
Rep
Drives: N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
I don't know much about the BT tool, but as for the PROcede..

The PROcede samples 10 times a second, and yes, you can adjust the tune on the fly... if you are writing a custom application, you could ask vishnu for the serial protocol details, (they have it all well documented) and control the PROcede maps and settings directly... Its also rather easy to read the streaming data off the serial connection... I have done it.

-Rick
Rick,
Thanks for the info. The 10 samples/sec is that speed regardless of how many variables are selected?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 03:58 PM   #4
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jv35 View Post
Rick,
Thanks for the info. The 10 samples/sec is that speed regardless of how many variables are selected?
i believe so... its not a limitation, but rather what was chosen to keep it manageable. AFAIK
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2009, 08:26 PM   #5
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Yes, we picked 10 samples/sec. And that is regardless of how many of the available channels you choose to log.

Shiv
Appreciate 0