E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone on here actually got a remap on their 330d LCI?

05-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #23
dopper99
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Golf R Mk8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO8 View Post
I think you will find your LCi gets better from about 10K miles ... I bought mine at 5K miles and it was very linear and slower than a 15K miler I test drove - the test one has a lot more punch and was nowhere near as linear. Now mine has done 15K miles it is exactly like the demo one ... and I am very pleased
Thats interesting, thanks for that.

I remember the journey down the M4 for the last time in my old 330d when picking my new 330d up and thinking how pokey it was - even in 6th pulling like a train on the motorway. In contrast, quite a different ride back in the brand new 330d and as didnt pull no where near as aggressive in 6th on the motorway. But of course it only had 10-15 miles on the clock.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #24
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

From this thread I'm getting the impression that the LCI is quick enough without a remap!

Actually, I drove mine right after I'd driven an RS4, and it didn't feel any slower.

On the other hand, I drove the new M5 and then my 330d right after and it felt like I was driving with brakes on!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 03:38 AM   #25
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SO8 View Post

he volunteered that BMW will hook the car up to diagnostics when it's with them and the machine automatically connects to Germany. He said the computer compares certain files and will be able to tell if they have been altered, etc + the computer automatically puts a marker on the BMW system to the effect it has been modified.

I know this has been talked about before but this is the first time I have had this info from a remapper ... and voluntarily given too !! I was impressed at their honesty ... just not so the £800 price

I may well use them as they are reputable and straight with me. I just won't be using them until after my warranty ends !
I don't think BMW routinely hook up the cars to BMW AG but they certainly do if you are looking to make a claim on your warranty,it's the first thing you're dealer will do,and a claim will normally have to be authorised after the files are read.
The above was certainly the case for me a couple of mths ago.
My dealer said that there was a strong possibility that a warranty claim would be denied if there was a viable link between the claimed warranty fault and a remap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanziBarn View Post
Warranty definitely worries me though, especially as I've just forked out £400 quid for one - it would be really annoying if, after paying that they refused to cover something because they found the remap.
I'm assuming thats the BMW insured warranty from Mondial?

The process of making a claim is the same as outlined above,the car is hooked up to BMW AG.

After buying BMW's since 2003,and remapping all 4 of them,I'd think long and hard about remapping a fifth.
The phrase 'be prepared to pay if you play' could be ringing true for quite a few in the future!
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2012, 03:48 AM   #26
BanziBarn
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW 330D E90 LCI Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
After buying BMW's since 2003,and remapping all 4 of them,I'd think long and hard about remapping a fifth.
The phrase 'be prepared to pay if you play' could be ringing true for quite a few in the future!
Thanks for the warning - this does make me think.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2148&pictureid=44259
Appreciate 0