E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Is it safe to purchase a CPO with a replaced engine

02-02-2024, 03:52 AM   #1
topraveenpaul
Rep
Drives: Bmw x7

Is it safe to purchase a CPO with a replaced engine

New member here. I have been hunting for an X7 and finally found one that I liked at a reputed bmw dealer in my city.
It's a 2021 xdrive 40i CPO with 40k miles in it.

https://www.unitedbmw.com/inventory/...w2c07m9h63719/

Yes, it is listed as CPO in the site and currently it's being certified.

This is the same dealer who had sold this car and have been performing all maintenance.
While negotiating price, the manager mentioned that they can't discount much on this car as it's worth even more as it has a brand new engine.
I'm not sure if that's a red flag or not. The engine replacement was done a month ago.
I checked carfax and I don't see anything yet. The car is currently being certified and I would be buying as a CPO though.

I asked the reason and they spoke to service department and informed me that there was some broken bearing or rod issue that resulted in replacement.
They said they can provide me all the history records once I complete the purchase.
In addition to that, they also arranged to talk with someone called genius from their team. He assured me that it shouldn't be a concern at all. But afterall, they all are from one dealership.

Is this a red flag? Should I be concerned? As per the dealer, it's a positive thing that a car with a brand new engine. I'm really confused.

When I test drove, it was all good.

I would like to know what you think

Thanks
Appreciate 0