E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > E92 with D2 Coilovers (Install, Review, and Pictures)

12-21-2010, 10:43 AM   #23
subieworx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 335

These are IDENTICAL to ksport coilovers. Further proof that they are all made in China at the same factory.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #24
M3E46M
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i E92 6 MT

How are these holding up? What if you have M3 Strut bar can you adjust dampening?

.../// TURBO! Why in the world would you choose anything else?... ///
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2013, 04:25 PM   #25
ankman
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

I would not recommend d2 coilovers for the e90. I was offered a partial sponsorship on my e90 2006 330xi sport. I had the coil overs installed by a certified shop and as soon as I started driving my car sounded like a rattle box with random noises. It drove like a cheap car. To top it off, my ride height was higher than stock with the coilovers at there lowest setting. The shop spent days on the phone with d2 tech trying to resolve the issue while I got hit with a $600 labor bill. I contacted d2 myself and they verified the shop did the install correctly and they were trying to figure out the issue. They didn't bother to contact me back. I emailed them again and they said they recently found a fitment issue with the coil overs fitting AWD with Sport suspensions. A few days later they updated their application guide to reflect this. D2 offered and honored a full refund on the parts, but I lost out on roughly $1000 in bills between labor for install, fixes, rental car and uninstall. D2 should have figured this out during RND and declined to cover my other expenses.

Lesson learned - Don't cheap out on our bimmers.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #26
D2 Racing NA
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankman View Post
I would not recommend d2 coilovers for the e90. I was offered a partial sponsorship on my e90 2006 330xi sport. I had the coil overs installed by a certified shop and as soon as I started driving my car sounded like a rattle box with random noises. It drove like a cheap car. To top it off, my ride height was higher than stock with the coilovers at there lowest setting. The shop spent days on the phone with d2 tech trying to resolve the issue while I got hit with a $600 labor bill. I contacted d2 myself and they verified the shop did the install correctly and they were trying to figure out the issue. They didn't bother to contact me back. I emailed them again and they said they recently found a fitment issue with the coil overs fitting AWD with Sport suspensions. A few days later they updated their application guide to reflect this. D2 offered and honored a full refund on the parts, but I lost out on roughly $1000 in bills between labor for install, fixes, rental car and uninstall. D2 should have figured this out during RND and declined to cover my other expenses.

Lesson learned - Don't cheap out on our bimmers.
Hi Ankush,

I am sorry to see that you are still upset by this situation as evidenced by your revival of dead forum threads and BBB complaint.

I apologize that the D2 coilovers did not lower to your desired height in the front however you refused to take our advise on how to lower them further through the spring (even though this is the same most way H&R, KW etc lower). We acknowledge that the maximum lowering on AWD chassis is less than on RWD and while we have had plenty of AWD customers install these and are satisfied and continuing to drive their vehicles with this setup on their car. To avoid future confusion over the lowering amount we removed AWD from our application guide.

In regards to any noises you may have heard, slight noise from the camber plate is something that is normal with any coilover. You are replacing a rubber mount with a solid metal one. In regards to other noises you may have experienced we asked your mechanic to isolate where the noise was coming from but this never happened. As you may be aware and your mechanic should have been aware when you lower the car it changes the suspension geometry which can cause on other parts of the suspension such as OE bushings, especially in a car 7+ years old. There are few parts of the actual coilover that can actually make noise however if you had isolated an issue it would have been resolved.

You requested we take the coilovers back for a full refund of the purchase price which we agreed to. We received the coilovers back and promptly credited you the full amount without delay even though we noticed what you sent back was missing several essential pieces. When we asked you to ship the missing pieces back at your convenience you then listed off your other expenses. We never received the missing pieces.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #27
D2 Racing NA
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by subieworx View Post
These are IDENTICAL to ksport coilovers. Further proof that they are all made in China at the same factory.
See attached picture of the D2 factory in Taichung Taiwan. Not a generic Chinese factory. Taichung area is home to the largest suspension manufacturers in the world including many of the largest worldwide names and OE manufacturers. If you are under the impression that most high end European brands are made in Europe and most high end Japanese brands are made in Japan unfortunately you are mistaken, We have been in the US market for 13+ years and are now one of the top selling brands in the states and the world for that matter. This wouldn't be the case if we weren't producing a quality, reasonably priced product.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1