E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Honoring the warranty (tires)

05-21-2008, 02:57 PM   #1
Haywire
Haywire, brand new BMW owner :D
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i coupe

Honoring the warranty (tires)

For those of you who purchased the TIRE insurance through BMW, when it was time to anti up and get your new wheels/rims...did they give you any hassle?

or was it simply, drive in, get new shi@t and drive out.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 02:58 PM   #2
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
I'm curious about this as well. I've been on the fence about getting it.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335XI Coupe Loaded w/body kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
For those of you who purchased the TIRE insurance through BMW, when it was time to anti up and get your new wheels/rims...did they give you any hassle?

or was it simply, drive in, get new shi@t and drive out.
my car was towed in last night for the fuel pump and while there I requested to have my two front tires replaced under the warranty due to bubbles from pot holes they said no problem but I pay then the warranty issues reimbursment in about two weeks??? I was pissed and said WTF mind you I work for the dealer too I am more pissed about the tires than the fuel pump enough said
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 03:02 PM   #4
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
I'm curious about this as well. I've been on the fence about getting it.
I mean dont get me wrong I will save 450 bucks but why do I need to front the cash ....just make sure the insurance or warranty you get does not require you pay in advance
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
Haywire
Canada
Rep

so you WORK at BMW and they are putting you through the YOU PAY 1st, then WE PAY YOU later, LoL.

Nice.

I know third party insurance is bullshi@t, sometimes youre only covered depending on how much tread is left on the tire and so forth. This is all i know for sure, the percentage of the insurance paying itself off is EXTREMELY LOW...single digits low, here is a great article for someone sitting on the fence.

http://www.eioba.com/a4964/tire_insu...azard_policies

I was looking into this option too, if something actually happens to your tires...youre thinking, damn im stupid. but in all likelyhood...you wont get your moneys worth, hence why they offer it it. If BMW wasnt making money off of it for the mostpart, they wouldnt offer the service
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 03:15 PM   #6
Dubbedoutbimmer
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywire View Post
so you WORK at BMW and they are putting you through the YOU PAY 1st, then WE PAY YOU later, LoL.

Nice.

I know third party insurance is bullshi@t, sometimes youre only covered depending on how much tread is left on the tire and so forth. This is all i know for sure, the percentage of the insurance paying itself off is EXTREMELY LOW...single digits low, here is a great article for someone sitting on the fence.

http://www.eioba.com/a4964/tire_insu...azard_policies

I was looking into this option too, if something actually happens to your tires...youre thinking, damn im stupid. but in all likelyhood...you wont get your moneys worth, hence why they offer it it. If BMW wasnt making money off of it for the mostpart, they wouldnt offer the service
well these are not related to BMW they are idependent companys that offer this service to the dealer its self! that being said I just called my finance manager and he said NO the dealer pays and the girl in service is off her rocker lol! but the plan I have cover 4 years 50,000 and will pay out upto 3500 dollars per warranty! I paid 350 bucks so after they replace both front tires later today I will have saved 550 dollars on tires with in the first two months of ownership! they cover tire wheels and labor!! just read the fine print before you sign up! and no if you curb wheels not covered but no lie the pot holes are so deep here they cant tell the difference!!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2008, 03:29 PM   #7
Haywire
Canada
Rep

Read the fine print, its because of statements like that...having people sitting on the fence about the warranty (not saying that you said anything wrong) The fact there seem to be quite a few people complaining about messed up tires and shi@t would lead one to believe that the TIRES BMW uses as standard on their vehicles arent up to par.

Nobody should own a car for a few weeks, even months and have to worry about contiunously returning the car to the dealership for repairs.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2008, 10:35 AM   #8
ihyln
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3post sucks

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2002 530i  [0.00]
thanks guys. My dealer offered a 1,295 tire/wheel warranty deal where I can have it replaced under any circumstance (or so he says, I haven't taken delivery of my car yet). I'll ask to see the fine print on this stuff.
Appreciate 0