E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Electric fan issue

07-14-2023, 06:50 AM   #1
850enut
Registered
Rep
Drives: E90 E31 E83 E92

Electric fan issue

So, ive read about the water pump issues making the fan run on high, or sporadic on off, ect. My current issue, car does not run hot, no codes for fan or anything temp related...but, i notice i start car in the morning all is normal. Hop on the highway and notice the fan will run on high. Get off on ramp, fan running on high. Shut car off, restart it and it runs normal (no high fan). All this while maintaining normal temps.(200-215) With or without ac on. So im wondering what the deal is. Is it possible the low setting isnt working and its defaulting to high? I would think this would throw some kind of fault. I find it hard to believe its the water pump. Its working normal and maintains temp. I really cant find any parameters of when the fan should run on low vs high. No info out there.what else can affect when fan turns on? Does anyone have any real technical data of when the fan should command hi and what sensors or info it uses? For reference, 2010 328xi coupe
Appreciate 0