E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Encounter with FHP in Miami

05-11-2015, 06:11 AM   #1
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 e92 335i

Encounter with FHP in Miami

So I just had the need to vent about a run in I had with an FHP officer on Saturday night.

So Saturday night at about 8:00 I got on the ramp to take the 836 East from SW 137 Ave. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the area, it's a decent stretch of road that is two lanes which gets to to the 836 east faster than getting on the turnpike.

So as I get on the ramp there's some asshole driving a g37 driving erratically, constantly trying to get in front of me and just generally all over the road. I slowed down about 4 times to give him the opportunity to pass but everytime he slows down with me. It was almost like he was looking for a race but who in their right mind is gunna race on a Saturday night at 8:00 pm cuz that when the most FHP troopers are out on the road.

So I stay doing the speed limit just trying to avoid him. Once we got to the point where the two lanes were about to merge with the main highway, the douchebag cuts me off and slams on his breaks. At this point, I had enough and downshifted to 4th and stepped on it just to get away from him and leave him in the rear view where he couldn't be of any more trouble to me.

As soon as I met my foot off the gas, I see a FHP officer parked on the shoulder at which point he puts his car into drive. I knew I was getting stopped so I went ahead and started to pull over to the shoulder before he could even get behind me.

As he approached I rolled down my window and put my hands back on the wheel. He asked for my license and while I was taking it out he saw my concealed weapons permit and asked if I had my weapon in the car, which I replied no. Then he went on to ask if I knew why I was being pulled over and I told him yes and explained the situation to him regarding the Infiniti driver.

He takes my license and goes to his vehicle, and returns with a paper and a clipboard. It was a ticket for 84 in a 55. I told the officer that I had tried slowing down and he did the same so my next option was to just try and get away from him so he would leave me alone.

The officer said that in a situation like that, you're supposed to pull over to the shoulder and get a license plate number and call 911 to report it. I tried to explain to him that due to the other driver's aggressive driving, doing that didn't seem logical because he could pull over just as well and become confrontational. And I didn't know how many people he had in the car with him, or any other circumstances. I also reminded the officer that I was unarmed which could have made it more dangerous for me as well.

He then went on to ask me to sign the ticket and said I was free to go. I understand that I was going over the speed limit, but I wasn't doing it for shits and giggles. I felt like it was for my own safety due to the prior events that had occurred. It was just something that really bothered me and I felt I needed to rant about
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 06:42 AM   #2
Fundguy1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 335 e93

Sometimes they just gotta hot their quota.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_stephen View Post
So I just had the need to vent about a run in I had with an FHP officer on Saturday night.

So Saturday night at about 8:00 I got on the ramp to take the 836 East from SW 137 Ave. For those of you who are unfamiliar with the area, it's a decent stretch of road that is two lanes which gets to to the 836 east faster than getting on the turnpike.

So as I get on the ramp there's some asshole driving a g37 driving erratically, constantly trying to get in front of me and just generally all over the road. I slowed down about 4 times to give him the opportunity to pass but everytime he slows down with me. It was almost like he was looking for a race but who in their right mind is gunna race on a Saturday night at 8:00 pm cuz that when the most FHP troopers are out on the road.

So I stay doing the speed limit just trying to avoid him. Once we got to the point where the two lanes were about to merge with the main highway, the douchebag cuts me off and slams on his breaks. At this point, I had enough and downshifted to 4th and stepped on it just to get away from him and leave him in the rear view where he couldn't be of any more trouble to me.

As soon as I met my foot off the gas, I see a FHP officer parked on the shoulder at which point he puts his car into drive. I knew I was getting stopped so I went ahead and started to pull over to the shoulder before he could even get behind me.

As he approached I rolled down my window and put my hands back on the wheel. He asked for my license and while I was taking it out he saw my concealed weapons permit and asked if I had my weapon in the car, which I replied no. Then he went on to ask if I knew why I was being pulled over and I told him yes and explained the situation to him regarding the Infiniti driver.

He takes my license and goes to his vehicle, and returns with a paper and a clipboard. It was a ticket for 84 in a 55. I told the officer that I had tried slowing down and he did the same so my next option was to just try and get away from him so he would leave me alone.

The officer said that in a situation like that, you're supposed to pull over to the shoulder and get a license plate number and call 911 to report it. I tried to explain to him that due to the other driver's aggressive driving, doing that didn't seem logical because he could pull over just as well and become confrontational. And I didn't know how many people he had in the car with him, or any other circumstances. I also reminded the officer that I was unarmed which could have made it more dangerous for me as well.

He then went on to ask me to sign the ticket and said I was free to go. I understand that I was going over the speed limit, but I wasn't doing it for shits and giggles. I felt like it was for my own safety due to the prior events that had occurred. It was just something that really bothered me and I felt I needed to rant about
What was the officers name?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 08:55 AM   #4
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i
Quote:

I believe it was officer D. Jones. I'll double check cuz the ticket is in my glove box
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:22 AM   #5
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

It's Trooper D. Jones. ID # 2122 Troop E
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 10:31 AM   #6
Velocity26
Resident old fart
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i M-Sport

A woman was speeding down the highway late for work and gets pulled over by a cop. He takes her info and asks,whats the hurry? She says i'm late for work. He asks what do you do? She says i'm an asshole stretcher! He asked how does that work? She says well I take an asshole, start with one finger, then two, and eventually get both of your hands in there. You continue to stretch it,and stretch it until it's about 6 feet tall. He asked what do you do with a 6 ft asshole? She says evidently you give them a radar gun and badge and put them on the side of the Highway.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
2010 M Sport
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity26 View Post
A woman was speeding down the highway late for work and gets pulled over by a cop. He takes her info and asks,whats the hurry? She says i'm late for work. He asks what do you do? She says i'm an asshole stretcher! He asked how does that work? She says well I take an asshole, start with one finger, then two, and eventually get both of your hands in there. You continue to stretch it,and stretch it until it's about 6 feet tall. He asked what do you do with a 6 ft asshole? She says evidently you give them a radar gun and badge and put them on the side of the Highway.
Nice!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:10 AM   #8
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

I'll call my Uncle when I go on break today, he's a Capt. and District Commander for FHP in Broward but a lot of those Miami guys work out of his station, and/or have worked for him or with him.. I'll see what the scoop is and let you know..
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 11:18 AM   #9
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'll call my Uncle when I go on break today, he's a Capt. and District Commander for FHP in Broward but a lot of those Miami guys work out of his station, and/or have worked for him or with him.. I'll see what the scoop is and let you know..
Thanks a lot bro. I appreciate any help I could get
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #10
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep

No doubt.. May not be able to make miracles happen but I'll check it out and get back with you.. If I can hook you up I'll send you my paypal haha jk...
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2015, 03:02 PM   #11
e92_stephen
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
No doubt.. May not be able to make miracles happen but I'll check it out and get back with you.. If I can hook you up I'll send you my paypal haha jk...
I may not know you but if you can help me out, I'll take care of you lol

One hand washes the other
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2015, 09:54 AM   #12
MineralweissIS
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 Mineral White 335is

Garage List
2012 BMW 335is  [0.00]
I don't live far from there. That area is littered with FHP. I have had my few encounters with FHP. Always as a result of speeding. What gets me every time is the posted speed limit is 55 MPH but you and I both know that nobody obeys that. I would say that the average speed on the 826-836 is about 65 MPH.

I always get a kick out of law enforcement who never obey the speed limit, either. Since I now drive like an old man in fear of being stopped again, I can count many times when the popo has flown by me in excess of 55 MPH. How they can issue citations to speeders without leading by example is beyond me.

I have a very good traffic attorney that has had my case dismissed 3 times consecutively. If you are interested, PM me.
Appreciate 0