E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > EAS/Endless pads dissapointed

08-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335xi coupe

Got my custom order Endless pads from EAS finally after waiting 6 months. Not a big deal....I can live with that.

Installed them and after driving a bit noticed that the pads were made a tad shorter in width than the rotor (1/8in)

Not only that, but they're also not flat as only the outside of my rotor is being used and the inner is getting no contact at all.

I'm very disappointed with Endless as they costed me $800. I mean brakes are what they specialize in and they can't even get they're fitment right.

Buyer beware....
Attached Images

Last edited by Chrisred; 08-22-2012 at 04:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #2
stratplaya06
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi-SOLD 5.0 Miata

Sorry for your bad experience. I can't believe those pads cost 660 (f/r) for a normal set and 800 for yours. That is just ridiculous, and the fact that they don't contact as much as stock is irritating. Try out a set of Porterfield R4-S pads, I (as well as 5 of my car friends) have been extremely happy with them for their good initial bite and downright neck snapping hot performance at the track/autocrosses.

| PROcede Rev3 | Vishnu Meth | DCI | BMW Perf. Exhaust | AR Coated/Catless | CP-E FMIC | Quaife |
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 06:31 PM   #3
mike-y
just another bmw douche bag
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1.9L of fury

$800 for a set of brake pads o_0

Is there something I'm missing that is special about these pads? do they last 150k miles and shoot rainbows out of your wheels? I'm assuming these are on a street car, correct?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2012, 11:07 PM   #4
vasillalov
Mad Linux Guru On The Loose
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Sedan, 2023 M3

Garage List
2023 BMW M3  [0.00]
2008 335i E90  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratplaya06 View Post
Try out a set of Porterfield R4-S pads,
Don't bother with the Porterfield R4-S. This is an old compound. I've blown through a set of these in just 2 track days and I was not even pushing the car hard. They are fine for AutoX though.

If you want something that you can rely on the track that won't get obliterated in 2 sessions, try Carbotech. I would recommend Performance Friction, but they don't come with retaining pins which causes them to produce massive amounts of clunking noises when driving over road imperfections.
      08-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

We'll see what EAS does. Hopefully they can get Endless to replace the fronts. Cause these are serious pads.....especially the price lol
      08-25-2012, 03:57 AM   #6
D_Smiderreen
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Please delete my account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisred View Post
We'll see what EAS does. Hopefully they can get Endless to replace the fronts. Cause these are serious pads.....especially the price lol
Other than the fact that the pad doesn't use the entire rotor, how is the performance? Do they perform as expected? What makes these pads so special for that price.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #7
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Smiderreen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisred View Post
Other than the fact that the pad doesn't use the entire rotor, how is the performance? Do they perform as expected? What makes these pads so special for that price.
With half the front pad having contact with rotor, the braking is like stock maybe even a touch better. So with full contact I'm assuming it will be great!!! Guess we gonna have to wait for official review.....
      08-27-2012, 09:19 PM   #8
y2khardtop
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 530i

Are the pads not square across the surface? I would be concerned your calipers have spread if only the outer edge is making full contact. I assume you've bedded them fully? If they can make the surface square, you need to run to another supplier!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #9
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2khardtop
Are the pads not square across the surface? I would be concerned your calipers have spread if only the outer edge is making full contact. I assume you've bedded them fully? If they can make the surface square, you need to run to another supplier!
Ya did the bed in. From what I see the contact area on rotor is slightly increasing with wear. Guess pad is getting even, still have a long way to go, but its still shorter than rotor width wise. Either way this was a bad job by Endless!!! I'm removing them tmrw. Had them on for two weeks.
      09-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #10
Chrisred
Captain
Canada
Rep

UPDATE!!! Kind of.......

EAS still trying to figure something out with Endless. They're first response was that they took measurements of pads from BMW. Guess they missed something lol.

Technically with the pics I send them they should just take back front pads and replace them. It's clear enough from pics .....