E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > My GIAC experience, Stock/Procede/GIAC dyno's

03-03-2011, 06:41 PM   #133
BobS
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer_335 View Post
How is GIAC with throwing error codes? Someone stated it never throws error codes.... that sounds too good to be true.
I've had the flash for 7 months now, never once threw a error code. Had the car to bmw 3 times since then for routine maint and the HPFP recall. They've never found the flash. I did switch it to "stock like" map with the handheld before taking it in.

Its not to good to be true...

I haven't heard of anyone having a error code from the flash.

ESS 650 ACM-R Upgrades
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #134
DaFish
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 435iX, FBO

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by I335 View Post
Very nice to see Belarus on his high horse here - a great post to get folks all in a huff. Couple things from my perspective...

#1 - this is a discussion forum - anyone can post pretty much anything they want. Someone is reviewing Shiv's product - why shouldn't he chime in? I think it's great that he does, and he's certainly being very graceful about it here. The forum would be a ton more boring if this wasn't allowed and this is what forums are for.

#2 - I've driven a Procede, a JB car, and I currently have a GIAC stage 1 tune. Just like Rob said, the Procede car felt a bit faster but it didn't feel as smooth as GIAC to me either. Personally, I prefer smoothness over a couple of ponies and GIAC is really stock-like smoothness to me and Procede is not. I've had the same experience with JB and SSTT - they're all great but ONLY GIAC feels stock to me. Graphs are one thing, but they don't substitute for real world experiencing.

#3 - I like both Terry and Shiv and respect them for their contribution to the car enthusiast world. Bringing their piggies up to where they're at just amazes me and even better, they continue to improve them all the time, and even better than that, we're the beneficiaries! I prefer to have these guys chime in to threads like this as this is what our hobby is all about - discussing, debating, challenging each other, and having fun. Without these guys none of that stuff would be here.
Great post - thanks.

Previous: 2014 BMW F32 435iX - JB4, MHD Flash, BMS Meth Kit, ER Intercooler, intake, catless DPs, KW Streets, 437M Reps with 245/35 and 275/30 Michelin PSS 4S
Appreciate 0