E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > FBO+Meth+Turbo Upgrade - clutch and other upgraded parts

03-04-2011, 05:36 AM   #1
e93ro
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

FBO+Meth+Turbo Upgrade - clutch and other upgraded parts

Own a E93 335i MT 2007 FBO, Meth and Turbo Dynamics upgrade. Back in October being at a drag strip I destoyed my stock clutch using JB3 2.0 map 10, FBO and meth about 90/10 (no turbo ugrade at that time). 12.86s at 108

Then I got my new upgraded turbos plus lsd and upgraded the stock clutch to Sachs Performance rated at 550nm (about 413 wtq), didn't have the time to redyno. Used the same JB3 2.0 only on map5 95 octane w meth to be on the safe side, never got to the drag strip since and after less than 4000 miles it is already slipping like hell with procede v4.

Upgraded to v5 but even on stock map is slipping esspecially 3rd and 4th gear, so for the moment evaluating the best choice for an upgraded clutch.

Looking on the forum that the trend is to have upgraded turbos I think that this involves some upgraded parts like clutch, maybe halfshafts and others considering some dynos posted arround here showing 500 whp / 500 wtq.
Others considering spark-plugs&coils upgrade, fueling system aso.

So, my question is what type of clutch should I go with in order to last at least more than those 4000 miles and to be as DD as possible.
Have to re-dyno after the install and waiting also for DIC maps to get official.

Ordered upgrade to JB4 so I might have also a Procede v5 DIC vs JB4 progressive meth map comparision based on the same car/setup.

Regarding half-shafts I think I ll go for them soon as the stock ones seems not to hold that power.

In the meantime going for some weight removal on my fat e93, installed some Sparco sport chairs, custom lightweight exhaust, next : lightweight battery, remove windscreen fluid and other minor removals, hope to get at least 200 lbs off so going still to be arround 200 lbs heavier than a e90 or e92, hopefully using some DRs to break into 11, but till then I have some work to do.
Procede V5, AMS FMIC, AR c-less DPs & Borla exhaust, DCI, CDV, STETT Charge Pipe+BOV, KW CoilOvers, CMGS Meth kit CM10, AR additional oil cooler, Quaife LSD, TD stage 1 turbo upgrade, RIX Gauge, ACT street clutch
Appreciate 0