E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Fair Business Practice? You Decide.

05-14-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
Steve335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335is

Fair Business Practice? You Decide.

I ordered a set of wheels in stock from Richy on Friday, paid by CC. On Monday I get an email from Richy saying there is a difference in the lip polish between the fronts and rears. Richy says he's got a local sale on this last set. I figure since the local guy can visually inspect I email Richy back within a couple of hours and tell him I pass. I also call and leave voicemail and PM him.

Last night Richy calls me and says he should charge me a 25% restocking fee but he's a good guy so he'll only charge me a $35 cancellation fee.

$35 for processing a CC payment and I made the cross-country phone call.

Richy did say he would apply the $35 to a future sale, that'll be the day.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:05 AM   #2
timtech
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve335i View Post
I ordered a set of wheels in stock from Richy on Friday, paid by CC. On Monday I get an email from Richy saying there is a difference in the lip polish between the fronts and rears. Richy says he's got a local sale on this last set. I figure since the local guy can visually inspect I email Richy back within a couple of hours and tell him I pass. I also call and leave voicemail and PM him.

Are you saying that you paid the listed price and the vendor came back and said the price was not correct and they wanted more... and when you went to cancle because of the mix up in their price, they then hit you up for a cancle fee?

If that's 100% correct... That is crazy.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:46 AM   #3
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

I think he is saying he bought a set of wheels and paid for them, the seller then called to say they were not perfect, a slight defect in the wheel did he still want them, and not a problem if not as he had someone local who wanted them.
So the buyer said let teh other guy have them then, I won't take them if they have a defect and I can't see them.
Then when they refund came through he was charged for it!

Unbelievable!!

I would certainly avoid that company of that is what happened?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:35 AM   #4
E91_E88_E21
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: E91 m-sport, E88 m-sport

really unbelievable
the more i read about richy the more I´m afraid about his buisness.
god bless i have never bought from him
      05-14-2008, 09:38 AM   #5
E91_E88_E21
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: E91 m-sport, E88 m-sport

he is a good guy

i have a desawue
      05-14-2008, 11:14 AM   #6
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Sorry to hear about that man.

I've only had good experiences with Richy and I know many others have as well. He's a good guy I'm sure he'll work something out for you.

Good luck with it.
      05-14-2008, 11:33 AM   #7
Viral
Major
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

there is a difference between being a "good guy" and doing the wrong thing. Based on what the OP is stating, I think this is complete bullshit.

FWIW, those who have had positive expereinces with Richy most probably didn't have any cancellations or refunds during their transactions. Anyone can make a straight-forward sale. However, when there is a twist to the typical scenario.....that's when people show their true colors (how they think, attitude towards service, etc.)

Lastly.........how can there be a re-stocking fee when the wheels were in stock in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 11:52 AM   #8
Carnage
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: people insane

Is it fair, no. Is it legal, barely. Businesses that want you as a long-term customer will do the right thing even if it means losing out on $35 in the short-term. I say move on and deal with someone new in the future.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
Steve335i
Private First Class
Rep

The problem for me is he took my money first, then emailed me about the defect 3 days later, then wants to charge me to cancel the cc charge. The way the credit card companies work, as soon as a charge is authorized, that amount is removed from you credit amount. A cancellation could take 30 days to be posted, after the vendor issues the credit. So my available credit takes a hit for 30+days because Richy waited to tell me and he wants $35 for his trouble.

It's not the money, it's the principle involved.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
Viral
Major
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve335i View Post
The problem for me is he took my money first, then emailed me about the defect 3 days later, then wants to charge me to cancel the cc charge. The way the credit card companies work, as soon as a charge is authorized, that amount is removed from you credit amount. A cancellation could take 30 days to be posted, after the vendor issues the credit. So my available credit takes a hit for 30+days because Richy waited to tell me and he wants $35 for his trouble.

It's not the money, it's the principle involved.
it shouldn't surprise you that 'principles' can fly out the window in the presence of the almighty dollar (or a measly 35 of 'em).

Stay away from that vendor...
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 03:47 PM   #11
PAKMAN
Lieutenant General
North Korea
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [9.50]
2006 e90 330i  [5.50]
who is richy?
      05-14-2008, 03:48 PM   #12
MMAJNKE
MMA Changed My Life!
Japan
Rep
Drives: e92 m3 & f30 328i

Garage List
bmw motorsports i think falcon punch ftw!
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #13
EastCoast335i
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 | 2008 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
there is a difference between being a "good guy" and doing the wrong thing. Based on what the OP is stating, I think this is complete bullshit.

FWIW, those who have had positive expereinces with Richy most probably didn't have any cancellations or refunds during their transactions. Anyone can make a straight-forward sale. However, when there is a twist to the typical scenario.....that's when people show their true colors (how they think, attitude towards service, etc.)

Lastly.........how can there be a re-stocking fee when the wheels were in stock in the first place?

+1 thats total BS...
If he charges you that fee just dispute it with your CC company and make him eat that fee since you are in the right...
The both of you entered an agreement as buyer and seller, you as the buyer initiated the transaction based on what you were told/shown as the product you would be receiving, the seller's obligation is to fill that order in lieu of payment. If the seller is unable to fill that order then "HE" broke that agreement and you are not responsible for ANY post-transaction fees/costs.
This is why consumers get worked and some vendors keep trying to screw ppl, cause we as buyers dont know/fight for our consumer rights.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 05:16 PM   #14
Don Nguyen
Banned
Rep
Drives: '99 M3 Vert, '95 M3 Coupe, 964

I agree with you on your side for this situation, Steve. That is not right at all. If anything, you should be getting compensated for your wasted time, when he should have made sure that they were all the same or in good condition, before trying to sell them.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 07:27 PM   #15
achenator
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 LBB M2, 2017 R8+

I would get on the phone, ask him for the $35. If he says no call him a thief and a pussy and tell him to go fuck himself. To me that would be worth $35 LOL.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 07:38 PM   #16
livnlegacy
Original Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine E36 M3, 02 325iT

Garage List
o7 E90 335i  [0.00]
Dispute the transaction(s) with your credit card company. If you explain the situation, they shouldn't have a problem reversing the charges.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:06 PM   #17
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by livnlegacy View Post
Dispute the transaction(s) with your credit card company. If you explain the situation, they shouldn't have a problem reversing the charges.
+1, that is BS..
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #18
san~man
Tired
Rep
Drives: BMW-less

He should either:
(1) Refund you the $35.00. It's not your fault the rims were defective and you don't want them now, or
(2) Complete your order and send you a brand new, unblemished set.

Either way, you weren't at fault and you shouldn't have to pay a cent more than the original sales price much less some chicken shit cancellation fee.
      05-19-2008, 02:50 PM   #19
jcarlucci1
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 335i

Definitely dispute that charge..what a scumbag
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 06:56 PM   #20
HMACV1
Rep
Drives: e420

I have had problems with Richy, also. Long story short, I ordered a set of LM's, H & R springs, and a set of Koni yellows. The guy charges my card immediately and then tells me that the Koni yellows are unavailable a few days after I am charged. Everytime I call after I am charged he tells me how busy he is and needs to call me back. He never calls back and when I call him back he forgets who I am. Mind you, that I just spent $3200 ordering from him. I tell him how I feel about how he is not taking care of my needs as a customer and get a bunch of sorry's.
So I finally say just refund the money for the shocks and springs and he agrees to credit my card. The next day he calls "me" to tell me how he is charged $35 when he has to refund money to a card, so he would like to send me a check. I agree as long as he sends it "next day".
Two days later, still no check. So I call and he calls back saying how he "said" he would send next day but he was at the post office and sent certified, return receipt mail , instead. Man, I was pissed. Still no check.
My rims are being delivered tomorrow, but I do not trust this guy at all, so I will do a major inspection before I sign off.
YMMV, but I will never,ever,ever,ever do business with this guy again. By the way, I hate to type but I had to get this off my chest.
      05-19-2008, 08:52 PM   #21
Steve335i
Private First Class
Rep

That's the trouble with these one-man operations. If everything is straight-forward it is probably a good experience. If there are some wrinkles, things can go to hell quickly. These guys are in a very competitive business and I can see how after-sales support can suffer when you're trying to make the next sale so you can eat.

After going back over all the communications I had with Richy, I'm now inclined to think he tried to do the right thing, given the circumstances.

That doesn't mean I'll let the cc company get away with this cancellation fee crap.:finger:
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #22
HMACV1
Rep
Drives: e420

The trouble is that you say what you mean or you will never mean what you say. My point is that he straight up lied to me about sending my check out fedex and I don't care for that action. I am starting to think that he will take care of the people close to him before he will take care of people out of town.(maybe because it makes him harder to touch) This does not sit well with me because my money is just as good as anyone else's. The return credit fee happens to be in his user agreement, but I guess that does not matter since he is going to pass that fee onto his customers. That fee is the cost of doing business. You can call it what you want. But in my book, it's bad business.