E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > DR-JEKL's 335i Intro & Build Thread

12-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #265
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR-JEKL View Post
I'm probably not going to be there, just dropping the car off for the day or pick it up a few days later as Pete said he will need the car for a whole day

I thought you would have had them, perhaps they arrive in Sydney en route from Germany hence why I received mine a few days sooner?Yeah dude a heap of errors on idrive and the indicators flash too quickly, so I need to get that sorted asap as its damn annoying!
My parcel arrived today , whoo hoo cant wait to get them installed
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 12:37 AM   #266
mrtanz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 2008 325i upgrade

Quote:
I'm probably not going to be there, just dropping the car off for the day or pick it up a few days later as Pete said he will need the car for a whole day

I thought you would have had them, perhaps they arrive in Sydney en route from Germany hence why I received mine a few days sooner?

Yeah dude a heap of errors on idrive and the indicators flash too quickly, so I need to get that sorted asap as its damn annoying!
Error removal in progress. Nearly had it finished then laptop was dying with n battery and getting connection errors. will go back tomorow to finish it of Shane
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:02 AM   #267
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtanz View Post
Error removal in progress. Nearly had it finished then laptop was dying with n battery and getting connection errors. will go back tomorow to finish it of Shane
Thanks again mate!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2012, 03:03 AM   #268
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootah View Post
Glad to hear, a few of the other guys had arrived also! They look damn awesome when lit up at night, they are soo much brighter also.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:40 PM   #269
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Well as mentioned I had fitted the M3 mirrors:

My weim Tobi boy enjoys a photo bomb everytime I get the camera out:

Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 05:46 PM   #270
JB4-335
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 BSM & E70 AW

Looks great. Car matches the Weimaraner. Now you just need the bonnet hump as the next mod.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 06:03 PM   #271
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

This week has been hectic with a few xmas parties a large workload and also arranging to have the ams fmic, Active Autowerke CP & AR design DP's fitted by the guys at Advan performance.

I had an early start on the Thursday morning departing newcastle at 5.45am and arriving at advan around 8am Thurs and then having to catch the 4hr train ride home so the guys had the car for a few days to work on.

As with most mods there were a few issues, but in the limited time available the guys came through with the goods and had the car finished so I could pick it up on the Saturday morning.

Peter arranged for Justin to pick me up from the train station, and getting back to the workshop and talking to Justin about the majority of the mods done to his 135i and what he has in the pipeline for it you can't help but be invigorated and tap into the passion these guys have for modifying the N54's.

In hindsight I couldn't help but think that Pete has Justin as his PR media rep for advan, as it's difficult not to leave advan without a few more ideas on driveline/chassis/engine mods to perform to your vehicle and have the guys at advan carry out the work for you!

I must say that I'm extremely impressed with their facility, know how, friendly service and the work performed on my car. I will definately be taking my car to these guys for all of my major servicing and future installations for modifications.

As to how the car the car drives and sounds now that I have these parts fitted? On a cold start the car is certainly louder, with a deeper engine burble @ idle, and the crackle n pops are louder and dare i say i get a few more pops then usual. I have heard some guys state they didnt feel any difference with the dp's. I'm unsure if its the case my car being a manual it is definately a lot more responsive! I'm not talking about during WOT but just toodling along in traffic the accelerator seems a lot more 'sensitive' and I had also noticed that once the car hits ~ 2-3krpm you can feel the car wanting to take off. Under the few times I have opened it up, in 3rd gear wot from 80kms it definately pulls harder then before.

Engine bay pic with the AA BOV & CP fitted:

I think to date the procede has provided the biggest BFYB, but these mods certainly are worthwhile!

On another note coding of my car has proved extremely difficult for tanz. I first of all want to thank him for his efforts he has dropped past advan on numerous occasions trying to access the ecu with the procede in map 0 with no luck. I appreciate the efforts you have gone to mate in this busy time of year hopefully we can nut out what is causing this issue (not that I can be of much use with coding!)

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 01-05-2013 at 05:04 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2012, 06:08 PM   #272
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB4135 View Post
Looks great. Car matches the Weimaraner. Now you just need the bonnet hump as the next mod.
haha yes both vying for my attention!!!

Hmm the M3 front bar will be my next mod (most likely the 1st for 2013!)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:31 PM   #273
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

OK with a bit more of an opportunity to drive the car over the past few days all I can say is wow! The car feels like it has an extra 40kw or so (just like when I plugged in the procede) and it literally has more power everywhere.

Whilst it was certainly an expensive mod (DP's FMIC &CP) I'm definitely glad I spent it!

The exhaust note is definitely louder, even the missus picked up on that and she has no idea about cars and has a much deeper note when giving it some.

A bit disconcerting was the flapping tractor like noise I could hear on cold starts. I asked Pete is that an exhaust leak and he said it was just the wastegates, once the car warms up it will disappear which it does.

I'm unsure if its normal, but the idle seems slightly rougher on cold starts also. This maybe something that can be tweaked with the procede...?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 05:34 PM   #274
Scootah
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: F80 M3CP

Quote:
Quote:

I thought you would have had them, perhaps they arrive in Sydney en route from Germany hence why I received mine a few days sooner?

Yeah dude a heap of errors on idrive and the indicators flash too quickly, so I need to get that sorted asap as its damn annoying!

Dr-J , thanks again fro organising group buy , installed mine yesterday and love them

and just when i though no more mods , i saw your M3 mirrors , they look awesome , cna you PM where you got them from
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #275
Gemballa1980
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
OK with a bit more of an opportunity to drive the car over the past few days all I can say is wow! The car feels like it has an extra 40kw or so (just like when I plugged in the procede) and it literally has more power everywhere.

A bit disconcerting was the flapping tractor like noise I could hear on cold starts. I asked Pete is that an exhaust leak and he said it was just the wastegates, once the car warms up it will disappear which it does.

I'm unsure if its normal, but the idle seems slightly rougher on cold starts also. This maybe something that can be tweaked with the procede...?
Mine (cobb) sounds exactly the same on cold starts (tractor sound). I asked the same thing after getting the DP's installed.. Should only last 20 or so seconds??

Did you get a chance to chuck it on the dyno?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 05:38 AM   #276
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Dr-J , thanks again fro organising group buy , installed mine yesterday and love them

and just when i though no more mods , i saw your M3 mirrors , they look awesome , cna you PM where you got them from
Damn Scott that looks great! The LCI tails look heaps better on AW! Yours and Ian's are probably the hottest 335i's on this forum Shall do!
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 05:39 AM   #277
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemballa1980 View Post
Mine (cobb) sounds exactly the same on cold starts (tractor sound). I asked the same thing after getting the DP's installed.. Should only last 20 or so seconds??

Did you get a chance to chuck it on the dyno?
Funnily enough I didnt notice it today on cold starts...

But yes it lasted ~ 20 seconds or so then once the idle had settled down the noise disappeared...

Nope no dyno run Pete is running a dyno day early next year, I just figured I would jump on the dyno then

Last edited by DR-JEKL; 12-27-2012 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 05:54 AM   #278
_ink
Jedi samurai ninja turtle
Australia
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i 2018

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Yo Shane! Do you're M3 mirrors fold in? I'm really wanting that feature! lol.. I know its a retrofit to do on our stock mirrors.

Also, i coded my own car... So i'm curious to know what DATEN file version MrTanz was using.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 07:52 PM   #279
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Yo Shane! Do you're M3 mirrors fold in? I'm really wanting that feature! lol.. I know its a retrofit to do on our stock mirrors.

Also, i coded my own car... So i'm curious to know what DATEN file version MrTanz was using.
The M3 mirrors are the cheaper non electric folding type (alas you can still manually fold them, but I never fold them anyhow)

My stock mirrors are actually electric folding

Dunno dude what file version tanz used, he attempted to code my car on a few occasions but couldn't access the ecu to code it?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #280
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Well in that case, we should swap the modules since you're not using the fold function.

Inability to access the ECU means Either the Daten version, or the procede was not set to factory map (map 0).
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #281
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ink View Post
Well in that case, we should swap the modules since you're not using the fold function.

Inability to access the ECU means Either the Daten version, or the procede was not set to factory map (map 0).
Haha yeah sure :P I'm pretty sure non folding mirrors don't have the motors also (you would need both module and mirrors with motors?)

Procede was definitely set to map 0, unsure of what else is the cause of it?

I will check with Jeff and see how he went with coding of his car with the procede in map 0
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #282
mrtanz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hey Guys
The Procede was defintely in MAP 0 as confirmed with Pete.
I was having problems even communicating with his ECU and trying to CAS as the first time before trying to read the indiviudal modules. I had no problems accessing my car the same morning as well as a 323i that was in the Advan workshop.
In the new year i will try again after re-installing my computer. I have V45, V46 daten. But for a 2008 it should be the same DATEN as my car
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 05:27 AM   #283
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Hey Guys
The Procede was defintely in MAP 0 as confirmed with Pete.
I was having problems even communicating with his ECU and trying to CAS as the first time before trying to read the indiviudal modules. I had no problems accessing my car the same morning as well as a 323i that was in the Advan workshop.
In the new year i will try again after re-installing my computer. I have V45, V46 daten. But for a 2008 it should be the same DATEN as my car
No problems MrTanz, I had the same issue with my car however the Daten files i have fixed the issue. I don't mind giving it a go when i see Shane next.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #284
mrtanz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Which daten files are you using and can you give me a link to them?
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 09:44 PM   #285
_ink
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2018 X3 M40i  [0.00]
Quote:
Which daten files are you using and can you give me a link to them?
Daten v47 is what worked with mine and i'm 2009.

Link below:

http://torrentcrazy.com/torrent/7788...ing-all-in-one
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 12:56 AM   #286
mrtanz
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

I have success. Just coded MOEs 335i
I am now running windows 7 32bit as dual booted instead of through VMWARE and had no issues.
Shane if you are Sydney anytime soon let me know and i will code the taillights
Appreciate 0