E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > P2AAF code (fuel pump plausibilty) thrown

10-22-2012, 09:22 PM   #1
BoyWonder
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 E92 335i

P2AAF code (fuel pump plausibilty) thrown

Hey Guys,

Yesterday when I was driving home my check engine light went on. I went to my mechanic today and got the codes read. So it threw 3 codes.

-P2AAF code (fuel pump plausibilty)
-thermostat map activation (forgot the code)
-Battery remote connection code (forgot the code)

I've read in a couple of other threads that the Fuel Pump Plausibility code is not something serious and it randomly gets thrown. Although people have said that if it gets thrown with other codes that it might be a problem.

I have no idea what the last two codes mean. My mechanic reset the codes and said to come back if they appear again because nothing appeared wrong with the car. No loud cranks, no loss in power, no shaking, or any symptoms of HPFP.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts? If the code is thrown again should I take it to BMW to replace the fuel pump?

I'm planning on going out of town this weekend about 2 hours away. I don't want anything going wrong and having to be stuck there. Do you guys think this is something to be concerned about?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 09:50 PM   #2
nemo07
JBC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I got the same code to, P2AAF. But I have Cobb + JB4. People with Cobb also get that code thrown randomly. No symptoms of HPFP going either.

no clue on other codes, sorry.
Cobb Protune (PTF), HFS-4 Meth Kit, DCI, PTF Twin Disk Clutch, Raceland DP's, OCC, F1 Racewerks IC, ER Charge Pipe, Forged DV's, CSL Rep Trunk, Aero lip, Mtech Rear, Custom Ground Control Coilovers, 235/35/19 275/30/19, Quaife LSD, Diff Lockdown Kit, DSS Half Shafts, M3 subframe bushing, M3 Rear Sway Bar
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 10:09 PM   #3
BoyWonder
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo07 View Post
I got the same code to, P2AAF. But I have Cobb + JB4. People with Cobb also get that code thrown randomly. No symptoms of HPFP going either.

no clue on other codes, sorry.
Thanks for the input man. Although I don't have any performance mods at all. Is this normal for Stock as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #4
nemo07
JBC
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 AW 335i

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I haven't read anywhere it being normal for a stock car, usually when people have Cobb. I see your car is an 07'. Has the HPFP been changed on that car? How many kms? Do you have warranty?

I would suggest signing up for CAA before you go on your trip lol.
Cobb Protune (PTF), HFS-4 Meth Kit, DCI, PTF Twin Disk Clutch, Raceland DP's, OCC, F1 Racewerks IC, ER Charge Pipe, Forged DV's, CSL Rep Trunk, Aero lip, Mtech Rear, Custom Ground Control Coilovers, 235/35/19 275/30/19, Quaife LSD, Diff Lockdown Kit, DSS Half Shafts, M3 subframe bushing, M3 Rear Sway Bar
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
BoyWonder
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo07 View Post
I haven't read anywhere it being normal for a stock car, usually when people have Cobb. I see your car is an 07'. Has the HPFP been changed on that car? How many kms? Do you have warranty?

I would suggest signing up for CAA before you go on your trip lol.

It's an 07, no HPFP change in the past - hasn't ever given me problems. It's sitting at about 102kms.

And yeah, I have CAA haha.
Appreciate 0