E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > Time to replace my tires

03-07-2014, 09:13 AM   #45
AzureHaze
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Sport

Just swapped out from Conti DW to Michelin PSS. I noticed the improved grip but any noise and comfort improvement were negligible. I was most impressed with how it handled during the two-day rain storm our drought stricken state got and drove in high speeds with confidence. Unfortunately some dick dropped some large object on the freeway entrance a few nights ago and I got a flat. Thank god for AAA Premier and tire warranty!
JBD @ 100% | KW ST Coilovers | M3 rep. front bumper | 888Concepts AE Upgrade | GP Thunder 7500k fogs | Cyba 4" carbon tips | BSW Stage 1 | APEX ARC-8 W/ Michelin PSS | Ziza LED interior | Weisslicht LED side lenses | Sprint Booster | Euro side mirrors | M-Sport semi-conversion | Coded | LOTS of carbon fiber
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 10:14 AM   #46
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureHaze
Just swapped out from Conti DW to Michelin PSS. I noticed the improved grip but any noise and comfort improvement were negligible. I was most impressed with how it handled during the two-day rain storm our drought stricken state got and drove in high speeds with confidence. Unfortunately some dick dropped some large object on the freeway entrance a few nights ago and I got a flat. Thank god for AAA Premier and tire warranty!
Interesting. While i 'really liked' mu DW, i love my PSS. even my dad noticed they were significantly quieter. That being said i am claiming warranty on the DW due to chunking/flaking issues so maybe it was a bad batch of rubber. Oh and i had the pleasure of being on the receiving end of someone else's blowout close enough that there was molten rubber welded to my hood.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2014, 01:05 PM   #47
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Yeah based on reviews and tests the PSS are a better tire. I have no doubt the DW are not as good, if they weren't the lightest and cheapest in their class of tire or if I needed a tire I could do a bunch of track days on I would have something else for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 07:48 AM   #48
Chief Orman
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335D 2010

I just looked at my RFT and found out I have 17 inch rims on my CPO 2010 d with the sport package. Apparently 18 inch rims are standard. The very experienced tire installer said that some dealers put 17 inch rims to lessen the harshness of the RFT tires. That kind of makes sense. That said, I am also feeling like I got screwed by the dealer and bought a cannibalized car. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #49
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

You can use a vin decoder to check on what option were originally on the car
Appreciate 0