E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Chicago friends, a favor please

11-06-2014, 10:11 AM   #23
Wingnut335
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335XI

Thanks for the update. Hopefully everything goes well with the car negotiations.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #24
Back in a Subie
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited

Garage List
An update to anyone who was interested in this thread from a few months ago.

We finally found a car that fit the wife's wants and needs. While she really would have preferred a 2013/14 Subaru STI hatchback, this 2015 WRX STI Launch Edition happened to show up on the used lot at a Ford dealership in Sterling Heights, Mi. Barely 8,000 miles on it, 305 hp with 290 ftlb torque and one of only 1000 made.

A lot of the reviews said that the suspension was severely stiff, to the point that it may be uncomfortable for some as a daily driver. After a half hour test drive (a lot of it stuck in traffic in a construction zone) over some of suburban Detroit's finest of potholes and crumbling roads, I can say that it still rides better than a Mini Cooper S over the same surfaces. The short throw shifter is crisp and easy to use. The clutch is nice and firm with minimal travel. I really liked the feel of the steering wheel and the interior in general, the materials used feel very upscale. Over all the car felt very solid, firmly planted with plenty of power on tap and that amazing boxer grumble.

My wife enjoyed her time behind the wheel of the STI enough to bid the Mini farewell. So, we left it behind and I got to drive the Subie the entire 2 hour trip home. On the highway the car is a little noisy, but not to the point that you cant hear the radio or the person sitting next to you like in my old TJ7 Wrangler. Overall it is a lot of fun but still practical. Now to pick out the best custom plate... NOTRICE is available lol.

Last edited by Back in a Subie; 05-14-2015 at 11:56 AM..
Appreciate 0