E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding HELP for 2URAD with internal BT & USB (Professional HU post 3/11)

10-18-2014, 04:57 PM   #1
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Coding HELP for 2URAD with internal BT & USB (Professional HU post 3/11)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose_JN View Post
It depends on which functions has the the new HU enabled.

I had to code:
Kombi -> for the new Gongs
PDC -> for the new Beeps
2Rad for ->
- adapt the equalization to my e93,
- enable USB (my HU came with this feature disabled)
- change the service numbers (I wanted the spanish numbers instead of the english)
- adapt it to Spanish cause it came from UK.

But most times, it is plug&play and It is not necesary to code (but always recomendable)

The best way is add $663 $6nn $6fl to the VO and reset these ecus

Regards
Quote:
Yeah, it would be easy for me if everybody spoke in spanish

Your dealer won't able to do that. It involves changing the production date (temporarily) and your Vehicle Order.

You can code it with a chinese cheap obd cable and NCS Expert, I am very sure of this No MOST interface is necessary. This is only necessary for coding MULF modules and others.

The options you have activated will be permanently stored at the Head Unit and your dealer could mess up them only in certain cases, i.e. recoding the whole car if you have to change a broken ECU or there is a software upgrade that your dealer wants to install to you.

In this cases there is strongly recommended to install your older head unit to your car before going to the dealer and then swap it again when your dealer had finished working on your car, maybe you have to recode PDC and KOMBI module after the dealer for get the dongs/beeps again.

When you are doing maintenance operations such as oil change, brakes, filters, a diagnosis... there is not neccesary to change the head unit.

My car is 5 years and only one software upgrade under warranty because I asked for it. It is not very common to upgrade it. Only if you have some problems (for example 335i turbo lags or injectors, steering wheel red lock...) And I am not sure if your dealer only recode the broken ECU or the whole car when you have problems with only one of them

Regards.
Quote:
I am your neighbour, dude! I live in Spain

I am so sorry but this is not possible... You cannot retrofit a Head Unit with built-in USB and Bluetooth and keep the VIN coherent with this features.

This is because this Head Units came up at 09/2010 and it is supposed that cars older than this date cannot have this HU installed.Ed. Note
Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl
post daten 2.52 you CAN install this HU but I am not sure if you can enable these particular otions
If your car is after this date, you can install this HU with no problems only adding $663, $6NN and $6FL to your VO and save it at CAS and NFRM. You wont to change it if you have to visit your dealer.

Don't worry about your guarantee, if something bad happens to your car, put your old HU back and don't say anything about the retrofit

What Head Unit have you got installed at your car now? Which is your car's production date?

Regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodpecka View Post
I tried to add $6nn, $6fl, $644, $620 to the VO,
FA_Write the CAS and FRM,
Process CAR / Code CAR (2 times)
SG_Reset or coding the 2URAD

I always get this error:

I don't think I have a 2MULF but as I see it in my ECUs, I tried to reset / code it also....didn't work.

Anyone found a way to reset the 2URAD so I can get the English Voice Control and reducing the sound level. (The gong and voice control are too loud, still at -5)

This is the error log:

ERROR! Modul: CDH.C, Proc: CDHCheckIdent, LineNr: 03, ErrorNr: 2041
COAPI-2041: wrong ecu coding index
A_E65MMI: CODIERINDEX = 34h
RAD2.C03: CODIERINDEX = 03

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2041
SG_CODIEREN

ERROR! Modul: LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_E65DR.IPS/IPO), Proc: CDHapiResultText, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 2000
COAPI-2000: EDIABAS or SGBD error
SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2000
CODIERINDEX_LESEN

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI.CPP, Proc: coapiReadCodierIndexFromSg, LineNr: 05, ErrorNr: 2000
CODIERINDEX_LESEN: A_E65DR

>> ERROR! Modul: LFCDHDIA.CPP (A_E65DR.IPS/IPO), Proc: CDHapiResultText, LineNr: 01, ErrorNr: 2000
SYS-0005: OBJECT FILE NOT FOUND

>> ERROR! Modul: COAPI2.CPP, Proc: coapiRunCabd, LineNr: 06, ErrorNr: 2000
SG_CODIEREN

Update: Looks like that "COAPI-2041: wrong ecu coding index" mean that I have to update my DATEN file in NCS. I will try this and let you know.

Update 2: I fixed the read/write issue by updating my DATEN files. I did a reset of the radio and now the sound level is perfect. But, I lost the USB and BT no matter if I have the $663, $6FL, $644 and $6nn in my VO.
Quote:
Guys, I have been able to re-active the BT by changing the MAN file manually. I don't understand why my VO doesn't do the job.

Now I have the BT and USB2 but miss the USB and Voice Command.
Anybody can send me his 2RAD or 2URAD MAN file?

Cheers
Quote:
This is wrong! Remove $644 from your VO. This is only for cars with UFL or MULF not for HU with Bluetooth built-in

I always use SG-Codieren instead of SG-Reset.
As you said, if you reset the ECU according to your VO, the HU should work properly with your equipment. This mean that the HU will lower its outputs adapting it to the HiFi system.
Furthermore, the equalizers will be adapted to your model (e90, e91, e92, e87...) because each car has its own settings.

Regards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post
What is the fan menu on the new headunit?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EST View Post
no, you had a different issue as I red, not this error.

I think this error is caused by the unit being very new and can't be coded with D-com, only MOST

However, I tried something else and:
1 - changed VO by adding 663, 6NN and 6FL
2 - did sg_reset and LOST bluetooth AND USB
3 - removed 6NN, sg_reset and I got back bluetooth and USB

So, job done so far.

I wonder if it's possible to get the phone to do voice recognition instead of the bluetooth voice commands?

and how do I change gong volume, it's so very loud that I will disable new gong if I can't find a way to lower it (I did lower it to min from audio menu, but still way too loud)
I also noticed gong is not influenced by volume button

My car is 09/09 so it turns out I do NOT need the 12 pins connector and housing
My big connector at the back of the radio already had the 12 pin connector (actually a double 12 pin connector) built into the big main plastic radio connector

So I only needed to insert the 2 pins and secure them

I also to my surprise discovered I had fiber optic connector at the back of the radio. Happily though, the new HU also came with fiber at the back

What does actually the fiber optic do? transport sound, data? does MOST run through it? Does it mean I have an sound amplifier somewhere else in the car?
Quote:
You have to change your production date to #0311 and then try again.
Quote:
Regards
Quote:
more info: I tried Steuergeraete_reset from tools32 and lost both BT and USB. I could not bring them back with SG_RESET

Then I started messing with ncsexpert and I found out something interesting, I think:
Codierindex_lessen reades and generates the NFW_PSW.TRC file
I added 6NN and #0311 to my VO, then did SG_CODIEREN. It failed, of course, but after SG_RESET, both options were back. I tried without #0311, only USB comes back

So I think somehow the radio does get coded even though it says FAILED. I am yet to find out if it does so automatically or I can change the NFW_PSW.TRC and be able to code it with my changes
Quote:
I am attaching 2 files:
- report.htm (rename to htm) with the differences in FSW_PSW of the radio with bluetooth+USB enabled, one with disabled
FSW_PSW.txt - the complete file for the unit with BT+USB enabled

As you can see, there are quite a number of changes, I think a lot of them are because of the different year I had to use to make it enable USB+BT
Quote:
I confirm the same thing. If I keep my old build date I will loose everyghing. If I add #0911 ( for 09/2011) I will get the USB but not the BT.
Quote:
Both!

KOMBI:
HU_VERBAUT -> radiostuffe_3_4

2RAD -> SG_Codieren with the appropriate VO (#0311 + $663 + $6FL + $6NN + $676)

Regards
Quote:
Guys,

Everything works (BT, USB, VoiceControl) exepting the 6FL
(Ipod Integration).

As I had to code the 2URAD manually, I could have missed one parameter to activate the Ipod option.

Anybody has an idea or can share his 2RAD / 2URAD MAN file from a working 6FL radio?

When you code with VO $6FL, it start working?

Anybody here have been able to use the IPOD integration on a 2006?
Quote:
Originally Posted by plotino View Post
I've added $6NN, $6FL, $663 to my VO (BTW, are 6NN and 6FL case sensitive or not?), on CAS edu (should I had it also to FRM and NFRM?). My car has already a #0311 production date. I don't have HiFi. As far as I remember, the radio is from 05/11, bought from carsequipment.

After adding the above, I've check the available module, and now I have 2RAD instead of the previous 1RAD, though I was expecting a 2URAD.
I've tried to read the 2RAD module, but I got an error (same as 4EST above, although if I understand correctly 4EST got the error by doing an SG-Codieren job):
COAPI-2020: no answer from ECU
IFH-0009: no response from controllunit

Should I proceed anyway with a SG-Reset job on the 2RAD (right after I get the error by reading the ECU), or should I do a SG-Codieren first?

Any advice is much appreciated, thanks!
Quote:
Hi Plotino,

You have to trick your Production Date. The ECU to work with is NOT 2RAD. It is 2URAD (I dont remember the exact name)

Try deleting #0705 and insert #0511. New ECU will appear

Don't worry about case sensitive, VO codes are not case sensitive.

Then reset the ecu.

If you want newest dongs, you need to change a value at the Kombi ECU. It is HU_VERBAUT and you need to put radiostuffe_3_4

It has been discussed at the thread.

Kind regards and happy new year!
Quote:
Hi all,

I've added $6NN, $6FL, $663 to my VO, already had #0311.
Selected 2RAD, and performed a sg_codieren (with empty .MAN file), and then sg_reset.

sg_codieren returned the usual error, but sg_reset completed w/o error.
I've noticed some changes:
1. lost voice commands completely....
Any idea on how to get them back? Am I missing something in my VO? Or what?
2. I have a vent icon in the radio menu, never seen this...
3. USB and BT seems to work as before, though I haven't tested calling someone yet.

Here is my complete VO:

E91_#0311&EBAT%0300*UY51$1CA$1CB$1CC$1CD$230$240$2 49$2K9$2PA$320$321$441$4CG$520$534$548$663$698$6FL $6NN$845$855$884$8S3$8TL$8TM-A090

Any idea on how to get back the voice commands? One of the reason to code the car was actually to get voice commands in italian...
Quote:
Hi 4EST, all

actually, I don't know what happened but I went back to the car a couple of hours later... just tried the voice command again... and this time it was working... I'm pretty sure I've tested it several time after the sg_reset, and it was not working at that time, but now it seems to work, and it is also in italian.

So it seems that if something is not working right after a coding, it may be worth to wait a couple of hours to check if it is really NOT working (actually, I haven't tested the phone with a phone call, but the BT sync seems to work flawlessly).

BTW, I haven't experienced a big change in the volume, honestly, but I'm quite happy of the current situation, so I guess I will not mess up further with the car (unless tomorrow, something that today is working, will not work.... you never know with this coding stuff)

thanks all for the support!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ777LR View Post
Hi guys, I got my radio today and started to install it into the car... Here's the good news. Before any coding, I could:

- Pair my phone over bluetooth, and hear phone audio over speakers. I haven't connected the mic yet. That'll be next.
- USB and AUX icons show up. I haven't connected the coaxial cable to the USB/AUX socket, as I'm still waiting on that to arrive.

Here's where I still need some help. I can't seem to code from Stereo to HiFi. I did a 'Read ECU' on the new 2URAD, and downloaded the FSW_PSW.TRC onto my computer. There were many options, more than the one from my 2007 HU. I tried to delete anything that didn't say 'e90_hifi', and change options that didn't say 'e90_hifi' to 'e90_hifi'. Then, I did an 'sg_codieren' to write the MAN file back onto the 2URAD. The coding went 'successfully', and NCS didn't give any errors. I know something must have worked, because I could change the radio's phone voice from German to English. Also, the VIN was successfully registered onto the radio. This was all done using the FSW PSW MAN profile.

However, the gongs and music was still pretty loud. So I checked the hidden menu and sure enough, it still said 'Stereo' and not 'HiFi'. I tried to do an 'sg_reset' but that didn't change anything too.

When I did a 'Read ECU' again, the FSW_PSW.TRC seemed like it didn't change at all, and all the options were in its original state (all the non e90_hifi I had removed were back again). Of course, the radio language remained in English. That was the only thing that 'remained'.

I have coded successfully before, so I know my setup has worked in the past. In fact, I coded KOMBI, changed radiostufe_2 to radiostufe_3_4, and managed to get the new LCI gongs (which sound really nice, but are pretty loud at the moment!).

Any suggestions?
Quote:
Add $676 to your VO and then SG_RESET or SG_Codieren for write the default settings according to the new VO.

Regards. (Remeber not to perform a FA_Write if you dont really have HiFi amplifier!)
Quote:
I also suggested to write the radio with an empty MAN file so the car could set the radio setup as needed.

I got lot of changes with this method and my sound is perfect now
Quote:
Thanks all for the help. I have some good news and some bad news.

Good news is, i got the HU recoded from Stereo to HiFi. Basically, I went into expertmode, selected 2URAD, and did an sg_codieren. When the HU rebooted, it showed HiFi in the hidden menu. Note I could do this without changing the production date. Mine said #0307.

The bad news is I lost my voice commands, bluetooth and USB. I tried a bunch of things to get it back, but it's not working. I changed my production date to #0311 and #0911 (only in CAS, not NFRM), then repeated sg_codieren and then did sg_reset after that on the 2URAD.

The HiFi remained but the bluetooth/USB is still not showing. I also have no voice commands. My VO has $676, $673, $6FL, and $6NN. What should I do next? This isn't permanent, is it?
Quote:
Don't worry, I got th same issue.

To get the USB back, I had to add the VO + newer build date.
To get the BT and Voice, I had to manually changing the MAN file.

Try first to recode with the newer build date.

So, if you want to compare your TRC file with mine, I can give it to you so will know what to code.
Quote:
I also tried it. Is it not for a car with 2 USB connections?

There is my file.

Voice Control:
?

Voice Control language:
SPRACHE_SVS
us

USB: (I guess)
AUDIO_PLAYER_INBOX_ON_OFF
aktiv

Bluetooth:
BT_MODUL_INBOX_ON_OFF
aktiv
Quote:
Great news folks, I've successfully coded the HU! I just want to thank EVERYONE who gave advice and help, Jose, woodpecka, & all else (who've generously helped me out in my entire audio system upgrade, troubleshooting, etc, you know who you are!).

woodpecka, those values did the trick, I was able to enable USB and bluetooth, thanks! So in summary, I basically had to do an sg_codieren on the 2URAD to get the HU to run in HiFi mode, and then pull off the TRC file from the 2URAD, change those values as above to get bluetooth and USB to work, and then reupload the MAN file to the 2URAD. I did not have to add to my VO since my bluetooth and 6FL was from the factory, and the VO already had those values. About the voice commands, I'm not sure what exactly I did, but it seemed to work when I got back to the car.

Now I need to wait for the USB coaxial cable to arrive, so I can connect and test out my thumbdrives!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripper0306 View Post
Hello everybody,

I'm retrofitting USB and Bluetooth in my E82.
I installed the Pro Radio and the USB Cable (Micro not received yet)

I 'm trying to code options, but it doesn't work, BT and USB are still not activated (USB was already on the menu when I installed the radio, but doesn't work, no power from USB)

Here is what I tried :

NCSExpert (Expert Mode)

I added : $6NN (Bluetooth) / $6FL (USB) / $663 (Radio professional) / $854 (French)
I changed the date by #0911 instead of #0308 (is that correct ?)

Then, I writed these options in the CAS and NFRM module
And I resetted KOMBI and 2RAD module.

I waited 2x1h, then tried again to reset the 2RAD module, even with Tools 32...
And before this coding, my radio was Italian (in the hidden menu), now language is French...

The next day
I tried another thing :

I removed $6NN and $6FL from CAS and NFRM
- Then I resetted the 2RAD module with NCS and Tools32 (to be sure)
- And I disconnected the Battery

USB was still in the Radio (Bluetooth still not available/activated)
I waited for 1h, to let the car go in sleep mode
It shouldn't be, right ?

And just before I tried this,
I do a READ of the 2RAD Module, I did have an error with NCSExpert,
But in the WORK Folder, I got the trc file with all the 2RAD settings,
I read it, and I saw USB was on "aktiv"

Later this day, I tried to change settings in the 2RAD module
(after having added $6FL / $6NN in CAS and NFRM again) :

- I set 2RAD_USB / 2RAD_Bluetooth to "aktiv", and other values related to bluetooth/usb
I get an error when executing the job, but when READing it again, values changed
And same result... nothing happen

I don't know what to think.
Maybe I'm missing something.
For info : I had a business radio before

Here is what my Radio is showing :
(with French language, instead of Italian I had at first.)

Quote:
Perfect, you can read / write.

Based on my knowledge, there is 2 type of situation caused by the radio or the car build....you can't read/write but just adding the option to the car and resetting the radio will give you the new functions

or

like me and you, you can't get the new functions by only adding the VO but you can do it manually.

So, there is my MAN file. Because you could have different car setup, I suggest that you compare it to your and keep only what you need. As I have a E91, you will see some specific sound parameters for my car.

Let me know how it works!
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppemilani View Post
The problems with CODIERDATEN_LESEN and SG_CODIEREN jobs in NCS EXPERT are still present, but with FGNR_SCHREIBEN + SG_RESET jobs I was able to store my VIN in the headunit (I checked it the values stored with INPA).

I tried to use tool32 for changing values in RAD2 and I was surprised that with tool32 no errors were throwing, so I did changed BMW's service numbers that appear on the headunit's display!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jip View Post
Dear fellows, and mostly Jose_JN for a great thread!

I would like to share some of my experiences on going through a successful retrofit. I have a 05/2005 European E90 with Business CD and base stereo. I found a factory refurbished 10/2011 Professional CD radio with USB, Bluetooth, and Satellite radio receiver. If I remember correctly, the back of the radio had 3 FM/AM antenna-size connectors in different colors, plus the larger white USB Fakra connector.

I did not want to mess with the A-pillar airbags, nor ceiling microphone, so I ordered E92/E93 steering column upper cover and microphone. With my car it is fully compatible, although the microphone provisions do affect the non-mic cover shape slightly.

The hardest part (after getting the A/C panel out) was definitely removing the old aux-only input in the center console. I dismantled the rear-seat air vents and managed to flex the black air conduit. That way I was barely able to get to the otherwise invisible metal clips holding the aux-in module in place. It too two nights and sore fingers to remove it.

The USB cable was installed under the center console side trim by removing the footwell upper cover panel.

Uncoded radio gave the intermittent clicks or pops from the stereo right from unlocking the car regardless of the radio power. Probably this is the MOST bus error. Bluetooth also communicated with the iPhone 5. I didn't have the microphone prior to coding so I don't know it if would have worked fully. Front/back PDC gave the double beeps.

The coding was done in the fashion already discussed here:
-Add $663 to VO in CAS and FRM (no business radio code there)
-RAD2 is now visible in the ECU list
-Code PDC ecu with the current VO, this gets rid of the double beep.
-Replace build date to #0311, add $6FL but only code RAD2.
-Bluetooth didn't appear after that, so $6NN was added and re-coded. Then reset RAD2.

USB, iPod (ebay y-cable), and BT communication worked right away, also "PARKING" was in radio menu, no SAT anymore.
The mic wiring to the quad connector was prepared to the steering cover. There is a small opening which lets you pass the two wires quite directly.

Last, I installed the microphone and steering cover. It did not work right away, so I would recommend keeping the mic connecting wire easily accessible. I had to swap the polarity of the wires, and after that the microphone started to work nicely.

I just finished, so I haven't tried the sound quality in traffic yet, but the car standing still the sound quality with the unorthodox E92 mic appears to be very good. The telephone volume can be adjusted from the radio knob.
Pertinent info highlighted.

Last edited by taibanl; 10-19-2014 at 08:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #2
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

These posts (and the encompassing thread, are also quite helpful and an extension of the above)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim_melgin View Post
First off, thanks to alexwhittemore for getting me pointed in the right direction and for all the information regarding wiring. It is with his initial knowledge that I was successful in adding bluetooth to my car.

Respectfully, I believe I have discovered a better and safer way to activate/code bluetooth in cars that are being stubborn. This method does not involve resetting/processing the entire car. I was very reluctant to reset all the modules in my car for fear of having a problem and because I had no desire to lose all my custom coding. As well, it was my belief that modules like the airbag module should not need to be touched to add bluetooth. Finally, coding with a blank .man file is considered bad form. Here's my alternative.

1) Add $644 to the VO with FA_WRITE. This needs to be written to the CAS and the NFRM. These two modules both hold the VO for redundancy and both need to match.

2) The MULF2 and the 2URAD are on the optical MOST loop which is inaccessible using a DCAN cable from NCSEXPERT. This means coding these modules directly is out of the question. They can be reset with NCSEXPERT though, and if the VO of the car has changed, they can be updated to reflect the new options.

3) To reset module defaults and to avoid coding with a blank .man file, you need to make a new profile in NCSEXPERT. Start with revtors profile or expertmode profile and under file, select edit. The password is repext. Click "FSW/PSW" and uncheck "FSW/PSW Manipulate with FSW/PSW.man file", Click OK. Click "profile info" and give the profile a unique name (I chose "reset defaults"). Click OK and then under the file menu select save as, and give the new profile a new file name.

*almost done*

4) Load your new profile (it should already be loaded from the last step, so this isn't strictly necessary). Press F1 then F3, choose your chassis, press OK, press F6. Select F4 (process ECU) and select 2MULF. With the jobname set to SG_CODIEREN, execute the job. You will get an error that the job didn't work, fear not. Change the ECU to 2URAD and again execute SG_CODIEREN. You will get errors again. Don't worry.

5) Change job to SG_RESET and execute the job. You will notice your stereo screen go blank. While it is resetting and the screen is blank, quickly change the ECU to 2MULF and make sure the job is still SG_RESET. Execute the job.

6) You should now have the TEL option in your radio menu, and you will still have all your previous custom coding (if any). If you do not, try SG_RESET on the 2URAD and 2MULF again, and do them quickly back to back. There should be no need to have the car "sleep." If you are successful, it will be right away.

There you have it. Blank .man files should be avoided. Step 4 from above is the preferred method for defaulting any module, because NCSEXPERT will rebuild the .trc file and upload it based on the values it reads from your VO. Make sure your daten files are up to date, as this will eliminate the root of many coding issues people experience. At the time of this writing, I am using v50.2. (I think there may be even newer, but this one is still recent to 2013).

P.S. I know it's bad form to resurrect an old thread, but this one is the one that comes up when searching for how to code an e90 for bluetooth. Best to put this info where people will see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexwhittemore View Post

FINALLY got my E90 bluetooth coding to work! (I haven't done the retrofit, wanted to make sure I could code it before I spent money on the hardware)

Backstory: I have a late 2009-produced 328i. It HAS SA6FL (USB) and Professional Radio (2URAD) but NOT bluetooth, voice, or BMW Assist.

For a month I've been trying to code the thing. Nothing I tried worked. I added $644 to the VO easily enough (see Changing the Vehicle Order, attached), but nothing I tried could get the radio to respond to the updated VO.

Yesterday I tried downloading Revtor's profile for ncsexpert and "coding the whole car", but that didn't work either. Finally, I realized there's an "SG_RESET" job which I could do for the 2URAD module successfully, but it wouldn't take even being reset (which did complete successfully).

So finally, today, I realized that a bunch of people talked about "coding with a blank .man." Here's what I did.

1. Open NCS Expert.
2. File>load revtor's profile
3. F1, then F3, then E89, OK, CAS, OK (as usual)
4. Back
5. At this point, open FSW_PSW.trc, clear it, then save as FSW_PSW.MAN
6. Process Car
7. Other functions (F5, I think? At this point I'm going from memory, but I don't want to re-flash the car)
8. Load from FswPsw (as usual)
9. Process car (again).
Here, I got an error on the 2MULF (as you normally would trying to SG_CODIEREN it). I lost hope. But in desperation:
10. Change job to SG_RESET
11. Process Car. This now resets all modules one by one.
At this point, the radio restarted and I realized there was a TEL option in the menu. YIPPIEEEEEEEEEE!

I was able to pair my phone by putting it in the trunk in the back right corner right next to the MULF. Without an antenna, the BT signal propagates only a couple feet. I had to run back and forth from the dash to the phone to go through the pairing menus and whatnot, but in the end it succeeded.

I was able to place a call to the phone and answer in the car, though obviously I couldn't hear anything coming from the car/phone end since there's no mic attached at the moment.

I buy clock radio, he cannot AFFORD clock radio. Gret Success!

Now, to redo all the coding I previously did.
That's a good point, WRITE DOWN ALL THE CODING MODS YOU'VE DONE FIRST!

Edit: GJIMMY, GET OVER HERE!

Edit: Just finished gjimmy's car. Ended up doing the same process - initially, coding the CIC (idrive) with a blank .man file (revtor profile) brought up the 'telephone' option, but clicking it just got us 'please wait' indefinitely. Coding the whole car with a blank .man (revtor) didn't do much (I don't think) but doing a SG_RESET on the whole car caused a nice big light show as everything reset, and the iDrive came back up ready to play ball.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #3
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

I am a beginner coder, and have had assistance from ****** (advanced coder) and still no luck.

HU arrived with USB and BT options enabled, but with german voice and 'stereo' DSP instead of HiFi. (successfully used both BT & USB)

We must have gotten the car to talk to the radio somehow, because now BT is gone. but we cannot get back. Have tried various production dates.

Would anyone be interested in a remote session to code my car? I have all the files already (2.53.3) (NCS expert is mostly german).

MY2011.0 335d e90
7/2010 production
NO MOST BUS (Whatsoever)
Latest dealer update 4/2014 w Daten 2.52.

Radio
4/2014 manufacture.
HD Radio
USB
BT
SDARS
also no most bus

Thank you in advance!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Quote:
I am a beginner coder, and have had assistance from ****** (advanced coder) and still no luck.

HU arrived with USB and BT options enabled, but with german voice and 'stereo' DSP instead of HiFi. (successfully used both BT & USB)

We must have gotten the car to talk to the radio somehow, because now BT is gone. but we cannot get back. Have tried various production dates.

Would anyone be interested in a remote session to code my car? I have all the files already (2.53.3) (NCS expert is mostly german).

MY2011.0 335d e90
7/2010 production
NO MOST BUS (Whatsoever)
Latest dealer update 4/2014 w Daten 2.52.

Radio
4/2014 manufacture.
HD Radio
USB
BT
SDARS
also no most bus

Thank you in advance!
You could have bought a unit from me and I could have coded it to your car and posted to you.
Do you have Icom to code this unit?
As it would require Icom to code properly.
      10-21-2014, 04:45 PM   #5
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
You could have bought a unit from me and I could have coded it to your car and posted to you.
@Makkan00,

I don't think you've sold any US-spec head units to the best of my knowledge (what were you charging, for what it's worth)

I do not have ICOM, why is ICOM necessary in your opinion?

Everyone else has coded this with K+DCAN.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #6
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
@Makkan00,

I don't think you've sold any US-spec head units to the best of my knowledge (what were you charging, for what it's worth)

I do not have ICOM, why is ICOM necessary in your opinion?

Everyone else has coded this with K+DCAN.
Please enlighten me what is extra in US models? Sirius?
Or something else.
I have sold these units to American lad, Australian, Spanish, French and Italian.
All of the units were coded to client's car with ICOM and they worked flawlessly.
If you are anal about the dealer number in the unit, I would not bother about that.
I tried to do it with K+D cable and it did not work.
Tried with Icom and no issues.
      10-28-2014, 09:18 PM   #7
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

@makkan00

The difference is:
1) HD radio [US] vs DAB [EU]
2) Sirius

If a car does not have any MOST port, does ICOM have any advantage in that case?

It is not the dealer number, it is the VIN
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 12:24 PM   #8
mhd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D, 1989 325iC

If you are close to Boston region, I can help you out

I successfully did turn on bluetooth, USB and voice recogntion of a HU with bluetooth and combox module in an non-idrive e90. But you might need BMW special head (OPS/ICOM) to set it.

Last edited by mhd; 10-29-2014 at 01:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 01:23 PM   #9
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

Can you describe how did you do this?
Did you use ICOM or k+DCAN?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2014, 01:53 PM   #10
mhd
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335D, 1989 325iC

Brute-force way to turn on bluetooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptomit View Post
Can you describe how did you do this?
Did you use ICOM or k+DCAN?
With ICOM and NCS expert, I didn't need to change production date and other options like 6NN, 6FL etc in VO. I just do the following:
  1. run SG_CODIEREN in NCS Expert to the module 2URAD to reset the radio output match with the car setting (stereo, HIfi, hifi-top etc). After this step, your vin should be setted up to HU.
  2. set SPRACHE_SVS to be us to get Voice Control language.
  3. AUDIO_PLAYER_INBOX_ON_OFF to be aktiv to get USB
  4. BT_MODUL_INBOX_ON_OFF to be aktiv to get bluetooth
  5. set BASIC_VR_INBOX_ON_OFF to be aktiv to get voice recognition

I guess that if you can borrow or rent an ICOM head will make the life much easy.

Last edited by mhd; 10-29-2014 at 01:58 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 04:14 PM   #11
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
@makkan00

The difference is:
2) Sirius

If a car does not have any MOST port, does ICOM have any advantage in that case?

What is sirius?

Going back to your question, you only require icom A to code it.
Icom B is for most loop.
And yes, all HUs have dealers number saved and I am not referring to vin.
So lets say if I code Uk unit to work in French car, it will still retain UK dealer number for emergency contact.
You can change it by advance coding but nobody bothers it. As in case of emergency, you will be relying on your phone and not HU.

If you were in Uk, I would have done it for you without any charges.
      10-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #12
cryptomit
Captain
Rep
Drives: 320d 2012

Yes, but still ICOM is necessary, you wont do it using k+dcan.

Sirius is a satelite radio only in US or whole North America, not sure.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #13
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00
Quote:
@makkan00

The difference is:
2) Sirius

What is sirius?

Going back to your question, you only require icom A to code it.
Icom B is for most loop.
And yes, all HUs have dealers number saved and I am not referring to vin.
So lets say if I code Uk unit to work in French car, it will still retain UK dealer number for emergency contact.
You can change it by advance coding but nobody bothers it. As in case of emergency, you will be relying on your phone and not HU.

If you were in Uk, I would have done it for you without any charges.
I don't care at all about dealer number

But still, you are not selling to us head units
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2017, 04:01 PM   #14
rreeoo
Registered
Spain
Rep
Drives: 320d LCI

Coding 2RAD from Stereo to HiFi with NETTODAT.MAN

I wanted to change radio configuration because I retrofitted S676 HiFi system but always NCSEXPERT gave me an error when I read configuration (CODIERENDATEN_LESSEN) and I write configuration (SG_CODIEREN) and SG_RESET no changed the config neither.

My radio is original radio.

Well, finally I tried the same method with empty FSW_PSW.MAN but with empty NETTODAT.MAN and the radio changed to HiFi system.

You only must make a empty file NETTODAT.MAN inside Work folder and to do the same process with NCSexpert and before you choose the job you must push Basic options (F5) then you choose coapiCodeSgByNetttoData and write the empty file name created when show pop-up.

The radio autoreset and job done.

The diference before and after... well the principal difference was in PDC and Gong volume. When I mounted the hifi system (speakers, tweeters and amplifier) I noticed a great difference in quality and volume but Gong and PDC was too high, after config PDC and Gong have a standard volume and I note a little better quality.

I attachement the final result, error and process.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2018, 03:34 AM   #15
ludemon
Rep
Drives: E87 LCI 118i

Professional Radio update Coding

I have recently installed an updated professional radio with BT and USB in my 2008 E87.
Everything worked without coding, but I wanted to change the voice from German to English so carried out coding using NCS Expert by adding #0311, $6FL and $6NN to the VO.
SG_CODIEREN failed for the RAD2 ECU, but changing job to SG_RESET was successful and the voice is now English and there is also an additional item on the display called PARKED!
The problem now is that the gong and PDC sounds only work when the radio audio is ON. The volume of both can be adjusted with the volume control knob. Before I did coding the gong and PDC sounds were independent of whether the radio was on or off.
Is there possibly something in the FSW_PSW.trc file, or any other trace file, that I should configure to correct this? Can anyone help?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2018, 04:00 PM   #16
gabriel612
Artist
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 320D manual E90

Mic activation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhd View Post
With ICOM and NCS expert, I didn't need to change production date and other options like 6NN, 6FL etc in VO. I just do the following:
  1. run SG_CODIEREN in NCS Expert to the module 2URAD to reset the radio output match with the car setting (stereo, HIfi, hifi-top etc). After this step, your vin should be setted up to HU.
  2. set SPRACHE_SVS to be us to get Voice Control language.
  3. AUDIO_PLAYER_INBOX_ON_OFF to be aktiv to get USB
  4. BT_MODUL_INBOX_ON_OFF to be aktiv to get bluetooth
  5. set BASIC_VR_INBOX_ON_OFF to be aktiv to get voice recognition

I guess that if you can borrow or rent an ICOM head will make the life much easy.
Hello,
I have only one question guys please...
This coding activate also the microphone ?
I have all ok only I cannot be heard by anyone!!!
Voice recognition, bluetooth, phone all ok.
Please help...
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2018, 07:58 PM   #17
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=687463

my guess is the mike wiring is different above is and extensive thread
when this was first done.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2019, 05:44 AM   #18
cagdason
Private
Rep
Drives: Bmw X1 E84

Hi all,

I am in the same boat with most I replaced my business radio with professional originally I had Bluetooth and USB came with the radio without any coding. Later I tried to check some options with NCS and realized I still have 1RAD module, which I could not read. Then I add 2RAD which some how deleted the 1RAD automaticly. I tried to read it and still can not read it. While trying to read it I reset it and lost Bluetooth and USB.
Thanks to this post I managed to re add the Bluetooth and USB back how ever I still can not read the 2RAD. When I check the TRC or MAN files I got in the work folder that I used to recover the bluetooth it has soo many different lines then what I can see at NCS dummy. I think this might be the reason why when I reed it at NCS I always get an error.
Is there anybody who was able to fix this problem for a retrofit radio. All functions are working but not being able to read it at NCS makes me worry.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2021, 06:25 AM   #19
wrongmark
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320i, F31 328i

Thanks to @Jose_JN for the info (and his thread) and to @tainanl for compiling the key parts in this thread. After adding the $6NN and $6FL to my VO (already had $663 professional radio from factory and build date already > 03/11) my eBay bought radio now has Bluetooth and USB activated. It also switched from “Hifi” to “Stereo” which I’m ok with as my car has the base system and I can’t be bothered to upgrade it. I used NCS expert (didn’t really know what I was doing, and got errors when trying to code the 2RAD) and a cheap cable. But after leaving the car overnight, the options appeared.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2021, 06:29 AM   #20
GUSO
Registered
Norway
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 2011

Hi

I'm new to BMW and this forum. I have a question that maybe you in the community can answer?

I installed a new head unit which is this link here ->https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...5f3f6be4jDnKzZ

It says it does not need any coding. I have a BMW E91 2011 318D CIC professional navigation. I have a cord that does not go into the new head unit .

The car does not turn off completely even if I lock the car. The Idrive buttons light up for a few seconds and then they turn off.

The sound turns off many times and I do not hear the ding dong sound if the door is open. If I install the original head unit back, everything works.

What do I have to do. Do I have to code anything?

Thanks in advance from a newbie when it comes to BMW
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2021, 05:59 AM   #21
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

This entire thread is about Pro Radio not Idrive

GUSO
This entire thread is about Pro Radio not Idrive.
PRO Radio is for a non idrive car.
Your idrive question is not relevant to this thread.
There is a bunch of stuff about the Android piggy back
unit which are in general not well supported on the stereo
sub forum.

The usual mistake people make with idrive android piggy back untis is not transferring the
Most bus connection to the Harness adapter that goes to the connection
on the back of the old idrive. They come with no instructions if
they are from China.
I don't have one but there are threads on them on the stereo and idrive
subforums.

Last edited by ctuna; 10-28-2021 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0