E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > BMW of Silver Spring or BMW of Rockville For Service

06-12-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
BMW_335i_Coupe
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

BMW of Silver Spring or BMW of Rockville For Service

Hello All:

New to the forum and wanted to draw on your collective knowledge and experience.

I have a 2009 335i E92 without any modifications and less than 10K miles since it's not my daily driver.

The initial 4 year BMW Ultimate Service expires next month and wanted to have some work completed under it - oil change, investigate a tapping sound in the engine compartment that sounds to me something like a valve tap, brake fluid change and possibly an update of the computer in car firmware. In addition, I need to get the navigation system maps updated. Finally, my vehicle is subject to the fuel pump and a power supply system recall so it's going to be in the shop for awhile.

The last time I took my 335i for an oil change at VOB Rockville, which was prior to the change to BMW of Rockville about a year ago, the car was returned with some small scratches on the passenger door along with grease in the same area. When I confronted the service manager I wasn't satisfied with the way it was handled. Since Priority 1 has purchased what is now known as BMW of Rockville, I wonder if anything other than offering BMW's as loaners has changed. It's the closest dealer, but I'm willing to drive a bit further if BMW of Silver Spring or another dealer will offer a better service experience since it's not a leased vehicle I'll be returning to BMW in a couple years and I'm pretty particular about my cars.

Does anyone have any recent experience with the service departments of BMW of Silver Spring or BMW of Rockville that could offer some advice as to which one may provide a better experience especially for the amount and scope of service items I need to have addressed ? When recommending a dealer for service if you could also provide the SA and the technician performing the work that you use it would be appreciated.

Based on what I've read in the forums it sounds like once the vehicle is out of warranty and for non recall service the best bet would be to contact someone like Adam.

After 5 days I've received only 1 PM and they recommended Tisher/BMW of Silver Spring. Does anyone else have any input they can share ?

Thanks !

Last edited by BMW_335i_Coupe; 06-17-2013 at 08:00 PM.. Reason: Very little feedback
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #2
davidkotok
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

VOB is categorically (IMHO) the worst BMW dealer in the mid-atlantic region: their customer service is terrible; sales dept are mean and operate with a sense of bravado that one would typically associate with late model ferraris; and their prices are unreasonable.

always go to tischer/silver spring over them.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #3
N8N
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT

I've had good experiences w/ SS, none with Rockville.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 02:15 PM   #4
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
I've had several recent experiences with both, and (as Long as you don't mind the Enterprise rental) I'd strongly suggest going to Silver Spring.

The shop foreman at Silver Spring is young, attentive, and very sharp. The service manager is approachable and has good follow up. I've noticed they sometimes have hiccups when getting you in front of a service advisor, but I feel that my car is in much better hands when going there. I'm sure the SAs are all decent, but I work with Jerry and he seems good. As an added bonus, you can order getbmwparts.com goodies and pick them up else you're there.

If you go to Rockville, I would strongly suggest that you ask for Jeff as an SA. His communication is night and day better than the other SAs. Russ is pretty good, too, but he is part time.

I've had good experiences with both dealers, but I've never had bad experiences at Silver Spring (if you catch my drift).

Don't forget, search will set you free! This thread may be useful to you (it was to me) http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=820536 (specifically look at post 8 if you would like some anecdotal evidence)

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )

Last edited by FormerRotor; 06-23-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0