E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Bit of help please with E90 fault code

05-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #1
den656
Private
Rep
Drives: 318D

Bit of help please with E90 fault code

Hi all,I bought my E90 about two months ago, and it seems to have a little fault, it is a 09 318d msport saloon , I had it serviced when I bought it, and a health check all was good, then about a week after I had a fault code come up ,which was cc-id 29 , I popped it back to the garage, who said it could be a few things ,but they would start with I think it was an airflow sensor or something,but they said it was not expensive and fitting as a five minute Job on the ramp.
They kindly reset the fault,and it has not been on and I have covered about 1k miles since, but today the fault has popped up again, with a mileage next to it of about 400 odd miles , it is starting to worry /annoy me as I don't really know what to do ,so just wondered if anyone had any thoughts, or previous knowledge of this , by the way it has done 90,000 if it is of interest,
Many thanks , Dennis .
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
badgerbrock72
Captain
Rep
Drives: 340i M-Sport

Hi Dennis

a quick google suggests fuel pump mate

regards

Garry
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #3
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Check Control ID 29 refers to:

DME/DDE 29 Engine Problem, Power Reduced

------

That's about as useful as a chocolate saucepan so you'll need to hook the car up to INPA or Rheingold (even better) to properly diagnose the fault.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #4
den656
Private
Rep
Drives: 318D

Thanks for the replies chaps , I am not sure what programme they used but when it was in the garage it was hooked up TP a laptop via the obd , but I will give them a bell and ask,if they have one of the systems you mentioned Sensible could that directly point to whats causing the fault code ?
And yes garry I have read it could be the pump, but also apparently a few other things kick up that code so just seeing if anyone else had had it , and to add a bit more info, the engine light came in when I was on the motorway using the cruise at 60 , I have grown out of hammering cars everywhere lol so just take it easy , and even odder on the way home from work the light has gone if and checking the obc shows it as ok , I use normal asda fuel too by the way lol , any other thoughts all ?mcheers again .
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2014, 02:09 AM   #5
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

They should be able to tell you what fault codes there are. There might well be more than one.

The BMW software that would do this is:

ISTA /D (Rheingold)
INPA
DIS

There are also many 3rd party tools which would do the trick.
Appreciate 0