E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > E90 Pre-LCI Halogen to LCI Non AHL Xenon In Depth Conversion

06-16-2012, 08:13 PM   #45
Guerillah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' F30 335xi AW MSport Stg 2

My LCI headlights are for sale btw if anyone is looking for some.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 08:34 PM   #46
mapleridge
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 N52 AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e90 View Post
What the...my pin 4 is two black wires no brown..only have two brown wires comming from pin 2
your lights adaptive or non adaptive?
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 09:23 PM   #47
mr.e90
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90

my lights are adaptive
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #48
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
my lights are adaptive
me and virterm have non adaptive. That is the difference. You have a different pin lay out.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 10:40 PM   #49
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

i see..are there any pin replacements and where can i get some??
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #50
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
i see..are there any pin replacements and where can i get some??
did you bust some? you can buy the heads and such from a dealer i believe. What I meant is that your plug and such is the same shape and all but you have different wires inside different numbers on the plug. It would be best to find the scheme and see what you need to re-arrange or tap.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 11:19 PM   #51
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

so i got mine to function...got the projector to turn on =)
im still going to check if everything will function well. i have blacked out the headlights and will post up pics soon..i have my umnitza rings on the way and i cant wait until they get here =)
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 11:26 PM   #52
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

Quote:
im still going to check if everything will function well. i have blacked out the headlights and will post up pics soon..i have my umnitza rings on the way and i cant wait until they get here =)
thanks for the update. I'm probably get the missing components to finish mine off and put them together this week.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2012, 11:53 PM   #53
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

I assume you got your projectors to turn on as well?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 11:42 AM   #54
porkchops!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi

Quote:
Question-

I'm pretty much in the same boat, 'cept I'm coming from pre-lci xenon converting to LCI xenon. I also have another LCI xenon project going, but that's a different story.

My question is regarding the umnitza rings. I too have a set on the way. How are you planning to wire them to the LCI's? That is really the only thing I'm concerned with. I know the AE kit comes with wiring of its own, but I'd really like to have them wired to work like OEM. Any help is appreciated!

BTW- been following this for a bit. Nice job on everything, not an easy feat! Totally worth it in the end though... especially for those who are coming from pre-lci halogen.
      06-26-2012, 12:09 PM   #55
Virterm
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchops! View Post
Question-

I'm pretty much in the same boat, 'cept I'm coming from pre-lci xenon converting to LCI xenon. I also have another LCI xenon project going, but that's a different story.

My question is regarding the umnitza rings. I too have a set on the way. How are you planning to wire them to the LCI's? That is really the only thing I'm concerned with. I know the AE kit comes with wiring of its own, but I'd really like to have them wired to work like OEM. Any help is appreciated!

BTW- been following this for a bit. Nice job on everything, not an easy feat! Totally worth it in the end though... especially for those who are coming from pre-lci halogen.
do you know voltage is required to drive them?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:05 PM   #56
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
I assume you got your projectors to turn on as well?
What did it end up being? (To turn them on)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #57
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Question-

Yea, that is my main concern a well. I've emails umnitza and they gave me this link http://www.fastm.com/e46m3.html and I think the install on our e90 should be somewhat similar. I will however, ask unnitza if there is a way we can wire them to work like oem. I will keep you guys posted..I have an extra set of lci xenon so maybe I'll practice with those first lol
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:13 PM   #58
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
What did it end up being? (To turn them on)
I ended up just switching pin 2 and 4 like you told me. I'm still curious to know what were the benefits that pin 4 provided to, before I switched it. Also my angel eyes aren't turning on, do you think it has anything to do with rearranging pin 4 to pin 2?
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #59
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
I ended up just switching pin 2 and 4 like you told me. I'm still curious to know what were the benefits that pin 4 provided to, before I switched it. Also my angel eyes aren't turning on, do you think it has anything to do with rearranging pin 4 to pin 2?
Ae not working is because the pins were swapped. pin 4 probably had wires to the AE and since you moved it to pin 2, it won't work since that negative isn't connected.

Swapping the pins was to just test it and make sure your ballast was running etc. Now you know that, the reason it wasn't working before could be that the tap you made wasn't providing a proper connection. Perhaps you can send me a picture of how you tapped into it etc.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 02:07 PM   #60
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESI4life10 View Post
Ae not working is because the pins were swapped. pin 4 probably had wires to the AE and since you moved it to pin 2, it won't work since that negative isn't connected.

Swapping the pins was to just test it and make sure your ballast was running etc. Now you know that, the reason it wasn't working before could be that the tap you made wasn't providing a proper connection. Perhaps you can send me a picture of how you tapped into it etc.
Yea I will send you pic once I get home from work.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 04:12 PM   #61
porkchops!
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.e90
Quote:
Question-

Yea, that is my main concern a well. I've emails umnitza and they gave me this link http://www.fastm.com/e46m3.html and I think the install on our e90 should be somewhat similar. I will however, ask unnitza if there is a way we can wire them to work like oem. I will keep you guys posted..I have an extra set of lci xenon so maybe I'll practice with those first lol
Thanks for the info. Ill be interested to see what you come up with.. And I'll definitely post up any progress I make with them. The rings should be arriving next week.
      06-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #62
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info. Ill be interested to see what you come up with.. And I'll definitely post up any progress I make with them. The rings should be arriving next week.
Hey bro,

Well I got the rings today and got them working without having to install the entire wiring harness tht come with the kit. When you get your lot and see the rings, you will notice te white box with a brown and white wire sticking out. I tapped white wire with red oem wire from the angel eye harness from the car. And brown with the black wire.

The headlight is an lci xenon I just connected it to my friends pre lci xenon. My car is halogen.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 11:23 AM   #63
Guerillah
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' F30 335xi AW MSport Stg 2

Those rings are going to look good!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 11:32 AM   #64
porkchops!
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks for the info mr.E90!! Totally reassured me on this... So glad that it worked out that easily. I'm assuming we will still have to get the AEs coded out too.
      07-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #65
mapleridge
Banned
Rep

can't wait to see the finished product. Keep us updated.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 04:47 PM   #66
mr.e90
Captain
Rep

so i ran into a little problem with my lights..i tapped pin 2 and pin 4 to turn on the projector, but after having it on for about 10-15 seconds it turns off. The angels aren't turning on as well..do you know why this is caused DESI4life10?

porkchops have you tapped these two pins and succesfully turned on the projector and not having it turn off like mine?
Appreciate 0