E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Eurocharged NA Engine Tune FAQ

01-12-2012, 01:53 AM   #1
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Eurocharged NA Engine Tune FAQ

I had trouble finding information regarding Eurocharged's NA engine tune when I was shopping for one for my car. I hope this post will help others make an informed decision.

I know COBB has a single post where people can ask questions about their tune. I'd like to use this post in a similar manner since Eurocharged hasn't updated their website with any information.

Here are my questions for Eurocharged:
  1. Do you do custom tunes? If so, would you recommend custom tuning on a stock car or is it mainly for modified cars?
  2. For non-custom tune cars and people with a MyGenius device, do you offer multiple tunes and/or maps for the users to select from?
  3. Does your tune remove the speed limiter?
  4. Does your tune increase the stock RPM limit (I thought I read that some where)?
  5. I've seen people mentioned that HP and/or torque will increase over time as your car adapts to the tune. How much increase are we talking about? Are there dyno graphs to prove it? Is there a dyno graph for before tune, immediately after tune, and after X number of miles.
  6. How many tunes or maps can the MyGenius device hold? 3?
  7. Is the tune + MyGenius device locked to a VIN? I think with the Cobb device, it gives you an option to transfer or sell your tune + AccessPort once the tune is removed from the car. It only marries with the car if the tune is installed (please correct me if I'm wrong on this).

Last edited by Neutrino45; 01-12-2012 at 02:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 05:45 AM   #2
milly
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328i

Garage List
2008 328i (e90)  [9.00]
I think it's smart to have all of the questions/answers in one spot. Can't wait to get mine . Oh also you might want to add a question how long it takes(we know from asking but new customers may not)
Black 2008 328i e90-BMW Performance CF Strut Bar/Muffler delete/8000k Fogs Fogs/Trunk Spoiler/5% Tint/BlueTooth/JVC HU/AG M359 Wheels/Matte Black kidney grills/H&R Race Springs/Koni Yellows/Orion V2 Angel Eyes/EuroCharged Tune/
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 01:42 PM   #3
eurocharged
We're still here
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tuned Euros Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post
I had trouble finding information regarding Eurocharged's NA engine tune when I was shopping for one for my car. I hope this post will help others make an informed decision.

I know COBB has a single post where people can ask questions about their tune. I'd like to use this post in a similar manner since Eurocharged hasn't updated their website with any information.

1. Do you do custom tunes? If so, would you recommend custom tuning on a stock car or is it mainly for modified cars?
  2. For non-custom tune cars and people with a MyGenius device, do you offer multiple tunes and/or maps for the users to select from?
  4. Does your tune increase the stock RPM limit (I thought I read that some where)?
  5. I've seen people mentioned that HP and/or torque will increase over time as your car adapts to the tune. How much increase are we talking about? Are there dyno graphs to prove it? Is there a dyno graph for before tune, immediately after tune, and after X number of miles.
  7. Is the tune + MyGenius device locked to a VIN? I think with the Cobb device, it gives you an option to transfer or sell your tune + AccessPort once the tune is removed from the car. It only marries with the car if the tune is installed (please correct me if I'm wrong on this).
-Yes, we surely do custom tunes, and have even done a great deal of specialty tuning such as tuning around turbo applications on NA cars. (dual supercharged m5/ turbo c350/ turbo xfire) If you are stock you really don't need to dyno tune, as we have hundreds of hours into the development of the tunes with that in mind. Every tune is also customized for the car, for things like the gas octane level, the elevation, and the mods on the car. We also offer FREE reflashes for future mods so you always have the best software on the car at any given time.

- yes we do, one of the nice things about the mygenius. We can email you files for various applications like racing/race gas/stock etc.

- yes we always put the speed limiter at a value that you won't hit ..ie 220+

- yes it does

- yes the car will adapt further to the new software on the car. There are no after/ then way after graphs as most people will not go to the dyno after their original dyno session without adding additional mods. The further adaptations are not large, but a nice little change.

- you can put as many files on the genius as you want. We email you the files depending on the application.

- the genius unit is hard locked to the first vin it associates with and that cannot be changed unfortunately. It cannot be used on other vehicles. I don't know about the cobb equipment, but I can say we would not want people loading files on a different vehicle without us looking at the file first. Simple things like elevation changes and gas differences make a difference in the performance and reliability of the car. Also, some of the BMW files are vin encoded, and you wouldn't be able to start the car with the improper file.

If you have any other questions feel free to post them! We have hired on a new person to get the website updated with information on the platform as well!

Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:06 PM   #4
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutrino45 View Post

You forgot the most important question. How much hp/trq doe this tune make?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
LemonIce
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
+1
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2012, 11:23 PM   #6
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
I made 209whp immediately after the tune. I probably picked up a bit more after adaptation.
      01-12-2012, 11:28 PM   #7
Smoove B
Urban Gorilla
United_States
Rep
Drives: oh six 330i 6MT

Quote:
I got the Eurocharged tune on my '06 330i one month ago and my car showed an increase of 13 hp and 10 ft-lbs torque. It's good usable power I can feel across the whole rpm range. Prior to the tune I had an after market cat-back exhaust and the euro style air intake installed. Making the air easier to get into the engine and exhaust out will make the tune more effective.

You can check out the dyno chart and my comments in this thread:
Eurocharged Custom Tune -- Naturally Aspirated E90
      01-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #8
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
I made 209whp immediately after the tune. I probably picked up a bit more after adaptation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoove β View Post
I got the Eurocharged tune on my '06 330i one month ago and my car showed an increase of 13 hp and 10 ft-lbs torque. It's good usable power I can feel across the whole rpm range. Prior to the tune I had an after market cat-back exhaust and the euro style air intake installed. Making the air easier to get into the engine and exhaust out will make the tune more effective.

You can check out the dyno chart and my comments in this thread:
Eurocharged Custom Tune -- Naturally Aspirated E90
Damn, that's better than what AA's doing. Is the power smooth across the rpm range? Any hiccups?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
Hooy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 328i, E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 328  [5.00]
Quote:
Damn, that's better than what AA's doing. Is the power smooth across the rpm range? Any hiccups?
Smoooooooth
      01-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #10
ramirez330i
MATTE
Rep
Drives: '13 VW Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooy View Post
Smoooooooth
+1. The EC tune is suuuuper smooth!
      01-17-2012, 11:19 PM   #11
Neutrino45
Major
Rep
Drives: XXX

Seth,

You mentioned about money back guarantee in another post. What's the condition for that? http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...9&postcount=22
      01-17-2012, 11:58 PM   #12
eurocharged
We're still here
United_States
Rep

tune we will refund no questions asked (gets removed from your car obviously) for 7 days. If you have a mygenius though the policy is different if it gets used as it "mates" to the car and is then unusable so we can't restock it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 05:29 AM   #13
kiwi29
Team iTouge
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M-Tech 328i

hmmmm interesting, do you guys have a place around socal ? and what's the price for tuning? oh and is it possible for you guys to add 2step/launch control ?
Driving is like having sex.
It really is. You can read up all you want about how to please a woman, you can look at all the diagrams in the world, but just like the clitoris, you won't know what the hell an apex is before you actually find it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 08:42 AM   #14
LemonIce
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: N/A

What's the gain? And how is it better compared to AA tune?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #15
eurocharged
We're still here
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi29 View Post
hmmmm interesting, do you guys have a place around socal ? and what's the price for tuning? oh and is it possible for you guys to add 2step/launch control ?
-Only Cali location is in Daly City (San Fran)
-PM me for pricing on tunes
-Negative on adding 2 step launch control

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonIce View Post
What's the gain? And how is it better compared to AA tune?
Which application (platform), 330i N52?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 07:22 PM   #16
ska///235i
***** noob
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325xi>M235i>428GCx Mspor

Garage List
2006 325xi  [0.00]
anything on the east coast?

work for 325xi?
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #17
eurocharged
We're still here
United_States
Rep

you can find a list of our dealers here:
http://www.eurocharged.com/index.php...d=61&Itemid=68

If you buy a handheld unit you do not need to go into a dealer as the handheld flashes the car for you.
Appreciate 0