E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > M-Laptimer with Retrofit CIC+Combox Media

12-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #1
sono0312
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 2005

M-Laptimer with Retrofit CIC+Combox Media

i have a cic+combox media retrofitted with my e90 325i mgt'ed in 2005. BMW apps on connecteddirve is a very useful function such as listening music, raido and pocast... one of things i am trying to do is now to have a BMW m-laptimer that can work with goro hero series to have many types of data values from vehicle. even though my car has a retrofitted cic i can check every functions like speed, throttle, steering angle, fuel, g-force, brake and video. but only problem i have is that gps location does not work for some reason. i checked coding traces of both cic and combox media. but setting related to gps looks fine...

Combox Media
GPS_FROM_MOST : aktiv
GPS_POSITION_TIMEOUT : wert_01

CIC
SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER : aktiv
GPS_FROM_NAVI : aktiv

does anyone know why only location information related does work with m-laptimer app?

no tracking view being updated because of no location information coming from cic/combox???

map does not show the postion where actual my car is located. it implies that gps information is not being collected properly from cic/combox.
Appreciate 1
      12-16-2017, 08:02 PM   #2
sono0312
Private
Rep

does anybody have the same issue as the one i have described as above? the person who did retrofit is able to confirm this functionality with m-laptimer installed in iphone as long as you have bmw apps. you do not need to have a gorpo. all you need is check 'track view' on monitor and driving so that you may see a track as you go...

<this is an imageq quoted from web>

Last edited by sono0312; 12-16-2017 at 08:25 PM.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 11:08 PM   #3
AWDBooSTIn90
Nomore
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe 6MT N54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0312 View Post
i have a cic+combox media retrofitted with my e90 325i mgt'ed in 2005. BMW apps on connecteddirve is a very useful function such as listening music, raido and pocast... one of things i am trying to do is now to have a BMW m-laptimer that can work with goro hero series to have many types of data values from vehicle. even though my car has a retrofitted cic i can check every functions like speed, throttle, steering angle, fuel, g-force, brake and video. but only problem i have is that gps location does not work for some reason. i checked coding traces of both cic and combox media. but setting related to gps looks fine...

Combox Media
GPS_FROM_MOST : aktiv
GPS_POSITION_TIMEOUT : wert_01

CIC
SYSTEM_GPS_RECEIVER : aktiv
GPS_FROM_NAVI : aktiv

does anyone know why only location information related does work with m-laptimer app?

no tracking view being updated because of no location information coming from cic/combox???

map does not show the postion where actual my car is located. it implies that gps information is not being collected properly from cic/combox.
Is the GPS antenna connected to the CIC module or the Combox module? Bc if the GPS antenna is connected to the Combox then it could change some things.

Just to verify, your Navi work's properly on the regular Idrive Navigation program? Your current position lists your Coordinates and your Altitude?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2017, 04:38 AM   #4
sono0312
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWDBooSTIn90 View Post
Is the GPS antenna connected to the CIC module or the Combox module? Bc if the GPS antenna is connected to the Combox then it could change some things.

Just to verify, your Navi work's properly on the regular Idrive Navigation program? Your current position lists your Coordinates and your Altitude?
thankyou for the commnet.
GPS antenna is being connected to cic module only. combox media does not have gps port connected as it has no emergency (SOS) call.

yes navi works properly with the display of longitude and latitude.
maybe the issue is something related to cic japanese version from design perspective.
Appreciate 0