E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > i really hate 17 year old drivers that suck at driving

12-14-2005, 06:07 PM   #1
Jchang83
Registered
Rep
Drives: black e90

i really hate 17 year old drivers that suck at driving

im sorry to be b*tching here, but i got into my first accident today and it really pissed me off

for all those that live around alexandria, VA area, i was at a red light on north beauregard st. during rush hour in the evening time when this kid that was speeding rear ends me obviously distracted by something else. when i ask how old he was he was only 17, inexperienced drivers really bother me esp. when they're speeding and whatnot.

1) damnit, i only had my e90 for 3 months
2) worst part was that i saw his car coming in really fast and i had no where to turn. i knew my car was about to be hit, what a frustrating feeling when you can do NOTHING about it.

but one nice thing i noticed, my bumper appears to be only cosmetically damaged, or at most i just have to replace my bumper (i hope there is no structural damage) while his whole front end of a 95 civic coupe was destroyed. im impressed by how well bmw puts their car together
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 06:28 PM   #2
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

I almost got hit by a indian lady the other day

friggin biatch ran a stopsign

I really hate any jerk off who can't drive/isn't paying attention

could be gay, black, asian, cracker ass honky, whatever

pay attention to the darned road
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 06:37 PM   #3
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
Sorry to hear about your car mang

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 07:01 PM   #4
Squawks
One of my two dachshunds:
United_States
Rep
Drives: B6 A4 3.0 Quattro

I hate people who don't check their blindspots by turning their heads.

I also hate people who turn left on a green light but don't yield to oncoming traffic. I'm surprised most kids today don't even know they don't have a left-turn right-of-way if it's just a green light and not a green arrow. This intersection alone gets about 1 accident a month. What a bunch of 'tards and 'noobs.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #5
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks

I also hate people who turn left on a green light but don't yield to oncoming traffic. I'm surprised most kids today don't even know they don't have a left-turn right-of-way if it's just a green light and not a green arrow. This intersection alone gets about 1 accident a month. What a bunch of 'tards and 'noobs.
I actually made that left turn yield mistake once, no accident though. I was like "why is that car coming my way?" What's funny is that before I always yielded at my home intersection with the medium, but I guess I just lacked experience.

As I drive more, I realize more and more how crappy of a driver I was when I first got my license; I remember thinking I was the best driver in the world before the yield incident.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 07:08 PM   #6
AW330i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 330i

I am still amazed by people not yielding on green lights also! The other day I watched a guy try to turn out acros traffic like that and get T-Boned... He was pissed off and got out of the car yelling like the guy that slammed into him was retarted! Some people just amaze me!
      12-14-2005, 07:11 PM   #7
Robbie!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
I almost got hit by a indian lady the other day

friggin biatch ran a stopsign

I really hate any jerk off who can't drive/isn't paying attention

could be gay, black, asian, cracker ass honky, whatever

pay attention to the darned road

What does race have to do with driving ability?
      12-14-2005, 07:18 PM   #8
stressdoc
Dominica
Rep
Drives: BMW i8; Toy 4runner TRD pro

Parents need to take the time to teach their kids how to drive. Some of the most important lessons they will ever learn.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 07:50 PM   #9
db17k
Chicketeh china the chinese chicken, you have?
Rep
Drives: 335ci hold out

Garage List
2003 S2000  [0.00]
WOW, seems that some member's posts get edited and other don't. wow. maybe when i hit 1,000 posts i won't be censored

Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 07:57 PM   #10
jcoo085
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Garage List
2005 320d  [0.00]
Cab drivers! They're worse! When I was living in Thailand back in '98 I had my 3 week old Lexus ES300 rear-ended by a cabbie. I even saw it happening. I glanced up in the rear-view mirror to see this cab coming up pretty quick. All I had time to do was say 'uh oh' and take my foot off the brake. To top it all off, it took the insurance guys about 2 hours to get there! As you can probably imagine, I was sorely pissed off.
[For the benefit of our Thai members, it happened in the middle of Victory Monument. For the benefit of everyone else, it happened in one of the middle lanes of a 6 lane round-about with about 5 or so feeder roads].

Then in Korea, I was clipped by a cab who wanted to be in my lane, but didn't look. Then he tried to blame me! :mad:

Touch wood, nothing has happened to my E90 yet.

E90 320d - Black Ext/Fluid Grey Int | Steptronic | Business Navigation | PDC | Sunroof | Alarm
Exterior Pictures | Interior Pictures | Video
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 08:00 PM   #11
jennyt71
Red Raider '99 & '02
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 06 325i

Mom and I were out driving this past Saturday & saw a brand new black E90 get t-boned. He wasnt paying attention & just turned left in front of a F150. He was hit hard on the driver side and then pushed over the curb and into an electric pole, denting the passenger side. We stopped to see if he was ok - he was, just shook up & said he never saw the truck. He was more worried about getting into Whataburger!

edit: wont mention race, but he was quite a bit older than 17

(we were in her car, not my E90, so at least if the car came back and smacked us, my baby wouldve been ok )
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 08:02 PM   #12
LEDZEP
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2009 E70 & 2011 F25

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by db17k
WOW, seems that some member's posts get edited and other don't. wow. maybe when i hit 1,000 posts i won't be censored
Oh contraire my friend. I get edited a lot. Then again, I rant a lot too.

Jchang83 - I am so sorry!! My car was rear ended when it was 5 days old and I know how you feel. Sounds like you got lucky with damage. It was a pickup truck that hit me so I got much more damage. Same thing though - young kid who said right off "I wasn't paying attention".

You should have to be 30 before you can get a drivers license!

I think it is bad luck to be superstitious
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 08:03 PM   #13
longtran
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
i know the feeling about knowing you are gonna get hit but cant do anything. some moron ran the red like, i was doing 40 mph getting ready to go on the freeway. i saw this moron faces when i ram him. now he is saying that i ran the red light and his light was yellow. fuckn bullshit. i was numb thoughout my body....freaking moron.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 08:09 PM   #14
jennyt71
Red Raider '99 & '02
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue 06 325i

Same happened to me several years ago on Thanksgiving.

I had a Prelude & was sitting at a red light (for Houston folks, at TC Jester and 18th Street). Saw the truck coming behind me FAST (had just enough time to tense up). He smacked me pretty good - totaled the Honda, but I wasnt hurt. He was crying worse than me and how his mom was talking, going home wasnt fun.

Oh, he was 16 - had his license for 1 week. The brakes on his OLD GMC truck failed.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 08:15 PM   #15
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoo085
Cab drivers! They're worse! When I was living in Thailand back in '98 I had my 3 week old Lexus ES300 rear-ended by a cabbie. I even saw it happening. I glanced up in the rear-view mirror to see this cab coming up pretty quick. All I had time to do was say 'uh oh' and take my foot off the brake. To top it all off, it took the insurance guys about 2 hours to get there! As you can probably imagine, I was sorely pissed off.
[For the benefit of our Thai members, it happened in the middle of Victory Monument. For the benefit of everyone else, it happened in one of the middle lanes of a 6 lane round-about with about 5 or so feeder roads].

Then in Korea, I was clipped by a cab who wanted to be in my lane, but didn't look. Then he tried to blame me! :mad:

Touch wood, nothing has happened to my E90 yet.
Korea's the worst! Korean motorists are like Italians, it's whoever cuts the other person off quicker wins. And in an accident, it doesn't matter who's at fault; it's whoever can beat up the other guy.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 08:28 PM   #16
Matbrach
Trophy Husband - Honorable Mention
United_States
Rep
Drives: Jet Black 330i. X5 4.8

Inexperience, inattentiveness and indifference cause accidents, not race, sex or age.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 08:59 PM   #17
govtec
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Korea's the worst! Korean motorists are like Italians, it's whoever cuts the other person off quicker wins. And in an accident, it doesn't matter who's at fault; it's whoever can beat up the other guy.
kim jong il style type driving! lol
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:08 PM   #18
cntlaw
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 330i E90 C55 AMG

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jchang83
but one nice thing i noticed, my bumper appears to be only cosmetically damaged, or at most i just have to replace my bumper (i hope there is no structural damage) while his whole front end of a 95 civic coupe was destroyed. im impressed by how well bmw puts their car together
Sorry to hear.
Great to know I am getting a strong car ( not great for you ).

Reminded me two accidents of taxi hitting rear of my Benz E320 . The Japanese cars always looked much worse. And, this is why we pay more for German built cars.

I had successfully made sure they paid me in max. for perfect restoration by original Benz dealer. The lesson learned is one should never chase the tail of expensive German cars or that would cost them big bucks.
BMW 2006 330i E90 Jet Black/Black Leathers/Aluminium, Steptronic Active Steering; MTech Aero Kit Carbon Fibre Splitters/Diffuser. Bilstein PSS9 Coilover, Rays VOLK Racing RE30 Formula Limited Edition 18" Pirelli Rosso; Project Mu 355mm Forged 4pot Caliper. HID:Osram D1S 6000K, PIAA 6500K White Ring, Philips Diamond Vision HB4 5000K, PIAA H490/H491 Super Bright 6500K LED Interior Lights. Chrome S.Wheel Cover, Rear Windows Sunshades.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 09:23 PM   #19
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squawks

Is that two hot dog dogs I see?

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 10:09 PM   #20
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Sorry to read your bad news. Far too many people not concentrating whilst driving. I saw one idiot nearly hit a car because he though he was the only one on the road and could lane change without checking who was driving near him. He SLAMMED on his brakes and cased massive tyre rubber smoke. He did not hit the other driver thankfully.

There is an EPIDEMIC of drivers driving and hand holding/talking/texting/phoning on mobile phones. That is totally SICK! So dangerous.

Sorry guys. Idiots like we have described get me ANGRY as they do you. We have to anticipate the thoughts of others to the best of our ability. Please be careful.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2005, 10:20 PM   #21
bimmerwannerbie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 - 325i

Just picked up my car today. On my way home, I witness an accident right in front of me. I dont' want to imagine if it was me.
      12-14-2005, 10:49 PM   #22
cosmosblau
cunning, baffling, powerful
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 535i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
All 17 year olds suck at driving.
It is a fact.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...31.html?sub=AR
http://www.abcnews.go.com/WNT/Health/story?id=462287