E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Asia > Hong Kong > Beware Of Zillion Motorsports

01-24-2014, 01:30 AM   #45
speedimage69
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335i

Glad i didn't go thru them! was about to order some shit for my ride, them motherfuckers don't seems like they really know their shit for bimmers, maybe they are more knowledgable on gtr, sti, jap cars...etc. there are some vendors out in hk specialized in euro cars, but I still prefer order directly from the States
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2014, 11:49 PM   #46
shlai
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 E89 3.5i DCT

About my KW V3 in my previous post, I was telling them if they couldn't tell me when it got delivered, I would get back my deposit. Several hours later, they phoned me up saying they were able to get one delivered within a week. So I waited, and eventually got it installed. This is really some kind of management, isn't it.

Not the end of the story, shortly after I got KW V3 installed, knocking sound came. I did lots of internet research and visually inspected my KW V3, and I concluded that it was the rear spring compressed too closely that each coil of the srping knocked the adjacent ones - something commonly called "spring bind"? The knocking sound was originally on the rear right, then rear left, then the rear right was mostly got, leaving the rear left knocking like hell - I would hear 30 knocks within a few minutes ride from Central to Wanchai. The rear left knocking never went away. Much paint of the springs got scratched away. I feel that it was not due to installation error but the poor design of KW. Zillion told me the only solution is to put plastic wrap around the spring to slient it. I asked them several rounds but giving me the feeling that they didn't really care. Well, it is fair that they didn't care, but I was hoping they did better. In any case, if "spring bind" is so common for aftermath coilover and the only solution is to wrap plastic, they should have recommended me to wrap it in the first place.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2014, 12:27 AM   #47
shlai
Private
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 E89 3.5i DCT

I eventually got the rear spring knocking noise issue fixed. Guess how: I simply ask another shop to swap the rear left spring with the rear right. The noise is completely gone! No rubber or plastic needed, no other parts changed at all!

After the rear spring knocking issue was fixed, I got another shop to do corner balancing and 4-wheel alignment. Guess what this time: they told me that the set screws for fixing the perches of the front suspension weren't screwed tight at all!

So, brothers, don't be fooled by the supercars people bring to Zillion to do upgrade. Zillion just looks like professional, but they aren't. So, *****BEWARE OF ZILLION *********
Appreciate 0