E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > Feeler - Birds B3 Suspension

03-12-2014, 03:29 PM   #1
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Feeler - Birds B3 Suspension

Currently my car (e92 335i) has birds b3 suspension which was fitted by the previous owner in Feb 2013. Would anybody be interested in buying it if i was selling it?

Looking at the receipt, paid over a grand for it. So im thinking £600-ish

Let me know what u guys think and if there is any interest.

Only and i mean ONLY reason im considering selling it is because its not low enough for show season etc. Driving wise (which is why im not too sure about selling) it is a dream. Soooo much better than msport for comfort yet feels planted in corners!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 04:52 PM   #2
AWBimmer
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335D Pre-LCI | E63 M6 V10

OH U MAD SON! That's a steal for someone! Wow!
      03-12-2014, 05:12 PM   #3
Corradokid
Private First Class
Rep

I might be interested buddy, how many miles do you think are on them? What condition are they in?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 05:16 PM   #4
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corradokid
I might be interested buddy, how many miles do you think are on them? What condition are they in?
Not sure on mileage just yet. I will check the mot cert but at the moment its with dvla as im getting my private plates sorted. Will let you know asap!

Condition wise they are good!
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #5
AnthonyR
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G82

Keep it Shaun
      03-13-2014, 12:39 AM   #6
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

In my opinion you really should reconsider taking the Birds kit off. Out of all the mods I've done on the car I would say the Birds suspension has made by far the biggest difference to the enjoyment of driving. It meant i could actually enjoy driving the car over poorly surfaced B roads without fear of the car skipping/crashing all over the road when ever it kit a pot hole or bad camber. I would say it's even a better mod than having a LSD fitted or getting a JB4/Remap installed. I can definitely live without a remap on the car but if I didn't have the Birds suspension kit+LSD on the car I would seriously consider PX it for a S4. The standard M sport suspension just doesn't do the chassis justice.

The only coilovers I would replace the Birds kit with would be an Ohlins road and tack kit, the last time I checked you need to spend £2-2.5k to get one.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 02:19 AM   #7
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom
In my opinion you really should reconsider taking the Birds kit off. Out of all the mods I've done on the car I would say the Birds suspension has made by far the biggest difference to the enjoyment of driving. It meant i could actually enjoy driving the car over poorly surfaced B roads without fear of the car skipping/crashing all over the road when ever it kit a pot hole or bad camber. I would say it's even a better mod than having a LSD fitted or getting a JB4/Remap installed. I can definitely live without a remap on the car but if I didn't have the Birds suspension kit+LSD on the car I would seriously consider PX it for a S4. The standard M sport suspension just doesn't do the chassis justice.

The only coilovers I would replace the Birds kit with would be an Ohlins road and tack kit, the last time I checked you need to spend £2-2.5k to get one.
You werent supposed to post that gangzoom...making the decision even harder for me! Lolol

Seriously though i appreciate the input. I got to think carefully about the replacement coillies and as u say ohlins are pricey.

What about the kw v1 or their street comfort kit? Any good?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 04:35 AM   #8
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
You werent supposed to post that gangzoom...making the decision even harder for me! Lolol

Seriously though i appreciate the input. I got to think carefully about the replacement coillies and as u say ohlins are pricey.

What about the kw v1 or their street comfort kit? Any good?
KW are great coilovers.
Shaun has had a previous e93 with H&R Springs... they are stiff by anyones standard...but as long as you dont mind the crashy ride on pot holes and have eagle eye vision always looking out for the holes in the road... then they are not that bad.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 09:35 AM   #9
AlanYoro35i
Senior Troll
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Coming soon-718 Cayman S

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom View Post

hello, any ideas if the b14 beistein kit is any good?

it cost 1k in uk but £700 quid from germany and it is so tempting for that price
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #10
AWebster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

I'll take if you do end up changing.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 12:45 PM   #11
Josh1a1h
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AzuriteBlack 335i E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWebster View Post
Good shout Alex! Definitely take it when shaun get these off his car.
Give him first dibs shaun!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 04:07 PM   #12
lolololol
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 F83

Quote:
Originally Posted by gangzoom

Double +1 Although I do love my other mods as well
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #13
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh1a1h
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWebster View Post
Good shout Alex! Definitely take it when shaun get these off his car.
Give him first dibs shaun!
Can't give him dibs...2 people in front of him already unfortunately!
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 10:54 AM   #14
AWebster
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 340i

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
Can't give him dibs...2 people in front of him already unfortunately!

not a problem - let me know if you do get rid and the other two fall through
Appreciate 0