E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Accidently threw a restraint system malfunction

09-05-2021, 12:22 PM   #1
Zimzimmer91
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 Touring

Accidently threw a restraint system malfunction

So I got my new (to me) sports seats in and all works great, but I forgot to move the seat occupancy pins over and got this constant restraint system error as my reward.

I know this has probably been beaten to death but my google-foo isn't what it used to be, does anyone know where I should start? I'm new to coding but have been reading up. INPA is working so that's a start!

I have an E91 if that helps and oddly, an M-ASK though this was changed before I bought the car from a CCC (which I assume died).

It would also be AMAZING to stop the head unit telling me there's both a coding and programming issue on starup AND to stop telling me to insert the Nav CD when I literally couldn't care less about the crappy "nav" that the business package has to offer lol
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2021, 01:24 AM   #2
Zimzimmer91
Rep
Drives: BMW E91 Touring

I used Bimmerlink in the end to clear the restraint system fault. Seems to have cleared the "insert nav cd" annoyance too.

I just I guess need to code out the coding/programming check with NCS and that'll do it
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2021, 10:59 AM   #3
Ridu
Rep
Drives: E91

Did you scan an errors with INPA? INPA should show specific fault codes.
Appreciate 0