E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Worth it to Replace Steering Wheel?

01-19-2011, 04:58 PM   #1
Clark Kent
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Monaco, Oyster

Worth it to Replace Steering Wheel?

A small portion of the leather on my steering wheel is coming undone on the back-side of the steering wheel at the 3 o'clock position. Essentially, when in good condition, the leather seems to tuck into the plastic body of the steering wheel in the back. Mine has become "untucked" from under the plastic piece for a 2mm span.

I took my car into the dealer for other regular service and had them check this out / try to fix it. I though they could tuck it back in somehow but the dealership is offering to replace the steering wheel.

Is there any reason I shouldn't take them up on this offer? The untucked leather is really only 2mm wide so it's not that big a deal. If replacing the steering wheel will cause any further (bigger) complications, then I can just live with the leather sticking out (unless it gets worse over time).

On the other hand, if replacing the steering wheel is pretty straightforward, then hell, I'll take a new steering wheel! Thanks for the advice!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
I would take the new steering wheel!
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2011, 05:57 PM   #3