E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Codes don't appear to be saving to module

02-23-2014, 07:37 PM   #1
blk08e92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 Coupe

Codes don't appear to be saving to module

Alright, i have searched for about a hour now and i cant seem to find any solid information on this. Plus when i type in "codes aren't saving" into the search box, i get 50 million threads. Here's the deal.

I coded my 08 335i 6AT with the digital speedometer last sunday. Not a issue was had. Today, a week later, i decided i was going to code a few more things. I wanted to remove the seat belt dong for passenger and driver side. I also wanted to disable the code check on the AE's as i plan to do a custom LED halo of my own this summer. I follow the DIY guide to a T, just like last time with the digital speed, except im editing the files with the appropriate strings of code. After i execute the job on the final step, it says coding ended as i would expect. The only issue is nothing changed. Still have the DONG on the seatbelts. I reopened the module, then the TRC file again and search for the setting i changed to nitch_aktiv and of course its back to aktiv only..like it didnt save even though it said it did in NCSexpert

Anyone have any ideas or can tell me what im doing wrong? Like i said, i coded the digital speedo without issue, im not seeing why this is being a issue now?
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 07:56 PM   #2
joepcrepairs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk08e92 View Post
Alright, i have searched for about a hour now and i cant seem to find any solid information on this. Plus when i type in "codes aren't saving" into the search box, i get 50 million threads. Here's the deal.

I coded my 08 335i 6AT with the digital speedometer last sunday. Not a issue was had. Today, a week later, i decided i was going to code a few more things. I wanted to remove the seat belt dong for passenger and driver side. I also wanted to disable the code check on the AE's as i plan to do a custom LED halo of my own this summer. I follow the DIY guide to a T, just like last time with the digital speed, except im editing the files with the appropriate strings of code. After i execute the job on the final step, it says coding ended as i would expect. The only issue is nothing changed. Still have the DONG on the seatbelts. I reopened the module, then the TRC file again and search for the setting i changed to nitch_aktiv and of course its back to aktiv only..like it didnt save even though it said it did in NCSexpert

Anyone have any ideas or can tell me what im doing wrong? Like i said, i coded the digital speedo without issue, im not seeing why this is being a issue now?
after you read your module ......

navigate to work folder

open the psw ... .trc

then make your changes there then after you change the values you save the file as .man and make sure all files are selected ... then go to ncs and execute
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #3
blk08e92
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW e92 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************ View Post
after you read your module ......

navigate to work folder

open the psw ... .trc

then make your changes there then after you change the values you save the file as .man and make sure all files are selected ... then go to ncs and execute

DOH!!

I was reading it so deeply instead i just saved the file and didnt do a save AS..

thank you sir!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #4
joepcrepairs
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk08e92 View Post
DOH!!

I was reading it so deeply instead i just saved the file and didnt do a save AS..

thank you sir!
Appreciate 0