E90Post
 


ECS BMW
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > E93 top leak, told touchless car wash is a NO NO



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2009, 10:20 PM   #155
nunyagd
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: '09 e93 M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
Ugh you have my car's twin
Put a few towels in the car, for when it rains
And you'll never guess where my car was ordered from... This is my second car from Rick Hendrick Imports in Charleston, SC!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 01:04 AM   #156
clintonbmw9
Banned
0
Rep
21
Posts

Drives: 2006 325i sedan
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: usa

iTrader: (0)

no fuck that the only way a 45 pluss grad car should leak is if you drive it into a lake id go off on some one at the deallership if they said oh well sorry sirl thats normal the cops would have to come get me
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 03:11 AM   #157
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
517
Rep
15,841
Posts

Drives: P-TurboS. E93M3/335i/Z435i/M5
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (297)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clintonbmw9 View Post
no fuck that the only way a 45 pluss grad car should leak is if you drive it into a lake id go off on some one at the deallership if they said oh well sorry sirl thats normal the cops would have to come get me
That barely made sense lol

and starting price is 50,700

I have never taken any *nice* car (few older cars..) through a auto-car wash and have always advised my dealers to never wash my car unless it's by hand.

I have, however, washed my e93 several times and I have never seen a leak.

I have seen 1 drop of water on the seat, but I think that happens when I open the door and it drips from the roof.

So, I can't think of why this is 'normal' if it doesn't happen to me...(and I hope it doesnt)

My mom's SLK has never had any problems of this sort; my Boxster didn't.
Verts are (usually) made pretty tight

But i do expect that if i do drive into a lake, that water would get into my car...
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 08:41 AM   #158
Bols
Captain
Belgium
141
Rep
919
Posts

Drives: F36 AW 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Belgium

iTrader: (0)

so if it rains and you drive really hard it's normal to leak aswell ? no way lol
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #159
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
xtremecruiser's Avatar
39
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunyagd View Post
And you'll never guess where my car was ordered from... This is my second car from Rick Hendrick Imports in Charleston, SC!
Don't mention my leak and try and be nice and hope they have better luck with yours than mine, if not join my lawsuit and we will make it a class action


Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
That barely made sense lol

and starting price is 50,700

I have never taken any *nice* car (few older cars..) through a auto-car wash and have always advised my dealers to never wash my car unless it's by hand.

I have, however, washed my e93 several times and I have never seen a leak.

I have seen 1 drop of water on the seat, but I think that happens when I open the door and it drips from the roof.

So, I can't think of why this is 'normal' if it doesn't happen to me...(and I hope it doesnt)

My mom's SLK has never had any problems of this sort; my Boxster didn't.
Verts are (usually) made pretty tight

But i do expect that if i do drive into a lake, that water would get into my car...
I have always taken my cars through touchless car washes, its only water, its rains harder than the wash at times, and there are a few on the forums that have the bad leak like mine.
The design of the seal is the issue, it was changed on the new Z4 and some say it will be updated on the E93 at some point.
For those of us that have the bad leak... we are not happy
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 06:55 PM   #160
darkphantom
Banned
331
Rep
5,946
Posts

Drives: E93 335i
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The place for Bimmers

iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to darkphantom
^for those that still have not had the issue resolved....have you contacted BMWNA?
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 07:03 PM   #161
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
xtremecruiser's Avatar
39
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkphantom View Post
^for those that still have not had the issue resolved....have you contacted BMWNA?
Trust me BMW NA and DE know all about it, I emailed them all and I talked to many higher ups.
To me, it just seems like BMW does not care, just like the HPFP, it's a acceptable issue as long as no one gets hurt.

Most owners just give up and trade or sell, I instead make payments and let the car sit and collect water, but soon the local dealership will take a second look at the issue when it hits them in the pocketbook, details next week.

BMW has taken a few E93's back from owners, letters to BMW NA and DE just seem to piss them off though, it's the German mentality though
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2009, 11:50 AM   #162
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
517
Rep
15,841
Posts

Drives: P-TurboS. E93M3/335i/Z435i/M5
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (297)

even if I don't realllly have that big of a problem with a drop or two... can I join in on the suite and get my payments covered..?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2009, 03:55 PM   #163
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
xtremecruiser's Avatar
39
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Car goes in for service tomorrow

Appreciate 1
      11-02-2009, 07:47 PM   #164
nunyagd
Enlisted Member
0
Rep
45
Posts

Drives: '09 e93 M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (1)

Great! Keep us posted on how it goes... BTW, is it going to the Hendrick store or another dealer?
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 08:44 PM   #165
jopa489
Major General
United_States
82
Rep
6,573
Posts

Drives: AW F30 340xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (9)

Completely aware this will start an infamous forum spat, but here goes.

What the hell is that? You are an attention whore. You "flip out" on your dealer, your web host, everyone in sight it seems. Maybe if you tried working with people instead of freaking out and filing lawsuits, you would get something accomplished. This thread is over a year old and we're still at square one. I completely agree a $50,000 BMW shouldn't leak, but now you're just being a douche about it. No sympathy from me.
__________________
F30 340xi // Alpine
F25 X3 // Melbourne Red
i01 i3 REX // Capparis White
Past: F30 335i, E90 328xi
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 08:55 PM   #166
smithrh
Lieutenant
8
Rep
482
Posts

Drives: 2000 328, 2006 330
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chicago Burbs

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Completely aware this will start an infamous forum spat, but here goes.

What the hell is that? You are an attention whore. You "flip out" on your dealer, your web host, everyone in sight it seems. Maybe if you tried working with people instead of freaking out and filing lawsuits, you would get something accomplished. This thread is over a year old and we're still at square one. I completely agree a $50,000 BMW shouldn't leak, but now you're just being a douche about it. No sympathy from me.
+1.

I say ban.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 10:00 PM   #167
persian54
Lieutenant General
persian54's Avatar
United_States
517
Rep
15,841
Posts

Drives: P-TurboS. E93M3/335i/Z435i/M5
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

iTrader: (297)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jopa489 View Post
Completely aware this will start an infamous forum spat, but here goes.

What the hell is that? You are an attention whore. You "flip out" on your dealer, your web host, everyone in sight it seems. Maybe if you tried working with people instead of freaking out and filing lawsuits, you would get something accomplished. This thread is over a year old and we're still at square one. I completely agree a $50,000 BMW shouldn't leak, but now you're just being a douche about it. No sympathy from me.
Wait, not me right...?

I just mentioned that I wouldn't mind being part of the suite to help get a free car
which, obviously, was a joke...
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #168
jopa489
Major General
United_States
82
Rep
6,573
Posts

Drives: AW F30 340xi
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: USA

iTrader: (9)

Not you at all dude.
__________________
F30 340xi // Alpine
F25 X3 // Melbourne Red
i01 i3 REX // Capparis White
Past: F30 335i, E90 328xi
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #169
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
xtremecruiser's Avatar
39
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

On a side note, my HPFP failed today in traffic, was lucky enough not to get run down, shocking how the car just dies so suddenly.
Guess me telling the Rick Hendrick Imports GM that is about to fail didn't matter, but they didn't care about the tires that blew out on me either.
BMW NA customer service is going to pick it up tomorrow.
Top leaks horrible now to, drip drip all day even in mist rain.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:02 PM   #170
bsamoul
Major General
bsamoul's Avatar
No_Country
94
Rep
7,431
Posts

Drives: E90 325i
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Walnut Creek, California

iTrader: (2)

Send a message via AIM to bsamoul
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtremecruiser View Post
On a side note, my HPFP failed today in traffic, was lucky enough not to get run down, shocking how the car just dies so suddenly.
Guess me telling the Rick Hendrick Imports GM that is about to fail didn't matter, but they didn't care about the tires that blew out on me either.
BMW NA customer service is going to pick it up tomorrow.
Top leaks horrible now to, drip drip all day even in mist rain.
dude we thought you left. sell your car.
__________________
-Brian
2X 2006 BMW 325i [Electric Red & Mystic Blue] | ZPP | V1 | Rear Fogs | M3 Lip Spoiler | EAS RemoteKey | BMS Powerbox | Projector90 Headlights w/ LED AE | LED plate lights | OEM Blacklines
http://www.tech-shine.com
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #171
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
xtremecruiser's Avatar
39
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsamoul View Post
dude we thought you left. sell your car.
Have not been online in a while, not selling it, will let the courts figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2010, 04:46 AM   #172
xtremecruiser
First Lieutenant
xtremecruiser's Avatar
39
Rep
317
Posts

Drives: 08 Waterfall Vert
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: SC

iTrader: (0)

HPFP failed tonight in traffic (again) as I was about to take the family on vacation, ugh
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:08 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST