E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E90 Electric water pump FIXED!

02-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Nossic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi

E90 Electric water pump FIXED!

So, recently I had a water pump fail on me. As a result, and due to poor timing, I was not able to get it fixed for over a week and a half.

I have finally fixed it today. It's costed me ~850, 900 for everything; parts and labour.

My personal experience was this:
on the day that my water pump had really failed, the day that i had a temperature warning, both the yellow and the red one, there was no heat coming out of the AC.

AC without heat is one symptom of a failed water pump.

To be honest, for about a week before, the car would warm up as usual, and provide me with with heat. but after the car has been on for a while, I would feel some cool air coming out of the vents from time to time. I just thought that was the car's way of cooling down a cabin to the set temperature... Looking back, it might have been the water pump working intermittently.

So yea, thats it really. 5 weeks of ownership, and I had deal with this $#!T. lol. There goes my planned coil overs for the summer.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
GoRomeo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i, 135i

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [9.50]
2006 330i  [6.75]
Man so sorry to hear ur experience. yeah these pumps tend to fail often no matter what mileage you have. I have 101k miles on the odometer and still holding on strong but not sure for how much longer. I am also started to save some cash just in case.

Thanks for sharing though....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2013, 07:34 PM   #3
Nossic
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 330xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRomeo View Post
Man so sorry to hear ur experience. yeah these pumps tend to fail often no matter what mileage you have. I have 101k miles on the odometer and still holding on strong but not sure for how much longer. I am also started to save some cash just in case.

Thanks for sharing though....
I have 118k km. so... thats 73,332 miles for you...

there was a canadian forum, and tbh, mine was one of the higher ones. by only by about 10,000km.
Appreciate 0