E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > Scratched Chrome Trim

01-07-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
UberClean
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i

Scratched Chrome Trim

I recently brought my car to get tinted by a reputable tint shop who actually has the contract for a local Mercedes-Benz and Range Rover dealership down here and they come highly recommended. Long story short I paid about $100 over what a normal tint shop would charge ($220) so that I would have no issues and a perfect tint job, the tint looks good but apparently the guy was not careful enough and put small scratches over some of the chrome trim around the windows (I am very picky). Has anyone had any luck with buffing out scratches on the trim? And does anyone know how much replacement trim for the whole car is? I spoke with the owner of the tint shop and he said he would make sure everything is taken care of I just wanted to get some input on some solutions. Thanks for any feedback!
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
JFU
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7

Sounds like it is the time for shadowline trim! But if you want to keep the chrome though, I don't know of a way to fix it, because I don't think scratches on chrome buff out. You could try having the trim painted a silver color as well?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #3
TOGWT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 630i

Chome is a micro-coating and will not take too much polishing before 'breakthrough',
if the scratches aren't deep try a very mild chrome polish (Wendol) or talc powder on a damp mico fibre towel
Appreciate 0