E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 335IS: The Ultimate BMW European Delivery - 6 weeks / 10,000 miles

02-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #155
phatr1s
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
2007 335i  [0.00]
Great pics! I hope that you bring a Messi jersey from Barca ;-)
      02-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #156
Koni
Rep
Drives: F10 535xd 2011

Świetne zdjęcia i genialny pomysł na wakacje.
Podziwiam, że przy 300 km przebiegu zdecydowałeś się mocno "dotrzeć" samochód i pojechać 260 km/h

Thx for sharing ;]
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #157
SMED
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 24 M2 Manual & 23 X3 M40i

Hey Buddy, Amazing article, pics and videos. I have said to myself when I get my next BMW I am doing a european delivery!!!! It looks like a blast. So, it likes you didn't really care about the BMW BREAK In period? At how many km were on the car when you put the tune on? Iam still 500 miles away from being out of the break in period... I am trying to obey by the rules, then I will put on Dinan stage2 tune on!!! Can't freakin WAIT!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #158
C ///M
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '04 M3 & '07 X3 M-Sport

Garage List
I don't know if you're still reading replies, but what cheers to you for awesome planning. The fact that your plan accounted for plenty of "un-planned time" or by the seat of your pants type exploring really is a great way to travel on vacation.

Seriously great writeup. I could nitpick for plenty of spelling and grammar, but I can only imagine how long it took, and how you must have felt probably feeling like you can't wait until you're done typing and rushing,etc... I kid... But seriously, there were spelling mistakes, etc..

I only mention the mistakes because i think you should totally get this story published some place! (Other than e90post). Am i serious? I don't know, probably not, but it was run to read. A lot of people's stories, well they're not great start to finish, but you really did a great job. Thanks for taking all the pictures and taking the time to share.

Finally, I'm not sure how, but cheers again to you for having what seemed like random girlfriends in Europe.. (anyone else notice that???) But seriously, the way you talk about that blonde chick (i mean no disrespect, just don't feel like looking back for a name), you should marry her. I think it's hard to find a girl wanting to spend that much time on a somewhat car-focused trip (I know this portion wasn't really about the car, but you know what I mean). I just think of what would happen if I wanted to get a GPS to verify my top speed with my wife, and I just think, she'd flip out and fight me all the way for wanting to do something "dangerous" or whatever. Every time I've reached VMax (in my last car, heavily modded e30), I was alone except once when she was with me; and she was asleep..otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Cheers dude. I can't believe you're planning on doing it again. You're already planning on selling the e92?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #159
wstxoutlaw
Great, another ticket!!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 M3.... and a Wheelchair

Great video on the RING!! Had me smiling the whole time!!
      02-17-2012, 04:33 PM   #160
L1VRPOOL.FC335is
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sapphaire Black 2012 335is

you made me fall in love with my 335is all over again!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #161
shadow2132
Rep
Drives: E46 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by C ///M View Post

Seriously great writeup. I could nitpick for plenty of spelling and grammar, but I can only imagine how long it took, and how you must have felt probably feeling like you can't wait until you're done typing and rushing,etc... I kid... But seriously, there were spelling mistakes, etc..
and csb,

as for break in period, there's two schools of thought on that
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #162
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koni View Post
Świetne zdjęcia i genialny pomysł na wakacje.
Podziwiam, że przy 300 km przebiegu zdecydowałeś się mocno "dotrzeć" samochód i pojechać 260 km/h

Thx for sharing ;]
It was 323 miles not kilometers but yes that is still very early. Honestly i didnt care though. I waited too long for that opportunity and when i finally saw it, i took it. Thanks for the compliments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smedlega View Post
Hey Buddy, Amazing article, pics and videos. I have said to myself when I get my next BMW I am doing a european delivery!!!! It looks like a blast. So, it likes you didn't really care about the BMW BREAK In period? At how many km were on the car when you put the tune on? Iam still 500 miles away from being out of the break in period... I am trying to obey by the rules, then I will put on Dinan stage2 tune on!!! Can't freakin WAIT!!!!
Thanks for the compliments. No i didnt care too much about the engine break it to be honest. I was more worried about the tires and the brakes. I just made sure the engine was at a good temperature and i also made sure to put in only the best gas. I figured at 300 miles everything got pretty lubed up in the engine and it was safe enough. When i put the tune on the car had around 600 or 700 miles on it. And it was only like 3 days old lol. But i knew it would make the car come even more alive and IT DID. It a machine not a new born baby thats my view on it.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:37 PM   #163
UltimateBlogger
Alexander
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 335i M-Sport

It's been said more than once here but you sir are a HERO. Best ED yet, and I've read them all!

We've had many customers go through ED before (mainly 1M's) but I think everyone needs to know what an amazing experience it really is.
      02-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #164
DJBimmer96
Rep
Drives: 335is JB4

absolutely amazing write up and experience.. I live on Long Island and have a 335is also if you'd ever like to meet up PM me!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #165
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I don't know if you're still reading replies, but what cheers to you for awesome planning. The fact that your plan accounted for plenty of "un-planned time" or by the seat of your pants type exploring really is a great way to travel on vacation.

I only mention the mistakes because i think you should totally get this story published some place! (Other than e90post). Am i serious? I don't know, probably not, but it was run to read. A lot of people's stories, well they're not great start to finish, but you really did a great job. Thanks for taking all the pictures and taking the time to share.

Finally, I'm not sure how, but cheers again to you for having what seemed like random girlfriends in Europe.. (anyone else notice that???) But seriously, the way you talk about that blonde chick (i mean no disrespect, just don't feel like looking back for a name), you should marry her. I think it's hard to find a girl wanting to spend that much time on a somewhat car-focused trip (I know this portion wasn't really about the car, but you know what I mean). I just think of what would happen if I wanted to get a GPS to verify my top speed with my wife, and I just think, she'd flip out and fight me all the way for wanting to do something "dangerous" or whatever. Every time I've reached VMax (in my last car, heavily modded e30), I was alone except once when she was with me; and she was asleep..otherwise it wouldn't have happened.

Cheers dude. I can't believe you're planning on doing it again. You're already planning on selling the e92?
I am still reading comments. Thank you for the compliments. Planning was a big part but i had plenty of time leading up to the trip to do it and i took advantage of that. As for the spelling and grammar, i probably should have proof read a bit better but seeing as how i only intended it for this forum and not the front page of TIME magazine i figured (most) forum members wouldnt be too ANAL and minor mistakes slide. As for the girls, they are not random chicks and i know them a long time. While on the subject, Marta (the blonde) likes my car more than i do if thats even possible and always begged me to go faster, and blow the doors off anyone who thought they could take me.

I am planning another ED in 2 years time because this car is a lease

And just so you know u made a few mistakes in your comment also. BUT who's nitpicking right? lol
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:53 PM   #166
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magik355is View Post
you made me fall in love with my 335is all over again!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!!
That truly means ALOT to me. Glad i can provoke that kinda of reaction. It truly is an amazing car.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 04:56 PM   #167
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBlogger View Post
It's been said more than once here but you sir are a HERO. Best ED yet, and I've read them all!

We've had many customers go through ED before (mainly 1M's) but I think everyone needs to know what an amazing experience it really is.
I am honored and humbled that you think so. Thank you good sir.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:01 PM   #168
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJBimmer96 View Post
absolutely amazing write up and experience.. I live on Long Island and have a 335is also if you'd ever like to meet up PM me!
PM sent
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #169
Dele Z.
Bad Badtz-Maru
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Thanks for sharing this, it was truely special to read
      02-17-2012, 05:43 PM   #170
chsbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is coupe

Great write-up thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. One of my favorite parts was when you installed the Procede shortly after having the car One thing that you did make me regret was not going for the 19" wheels.. I leased mine around the same time you did and worried that there will not be an "is" caliber vehicle when our lease is up..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 05:49 PM   #171
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsbmw View Post
Great write-up thank you for taking the time and sharing your experience. One of my favorite parts was when you installed the Procede shortly after having the car One thing that you did make me regret was not going for the 19" wheels.. I leased mine around the same time you did and worried that there will not be an "is" caliber vehicle when our lease is up..
Glad you enjoyed it. Yea the 19's were a MUST for me, and they're holding up very very well even in nyc. The Pirelli P-zero's are even more impressive though.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 06:08 PM   #172
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

Thumbs up

Screw School ??

Long and Red for that tiny thing huh ??

tHANKS so much for sharing your awesome experience!!
Can't believe you made it 10,000 miles!! in just 3 weeks!
(you had to take extra insurance?)

I am planning a 15 days journey for around 2500 miles (and i thought i was pushing it!) in April to pick up my F30 335i MT!

Can't wait to have the same memories as yours! Your thread is the best ED story i have seen so far!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #173
Doctor///M
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 AUDI RS6

Garage List
2023 Audi RS6 Avant  [0.00]
BMW M2 Competition   [10.00]
2009 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2015 M3  [9.52]
Stelvio Pass is ACE, definitely worth the drive to get there. Next mission - the 'ring.

Just some info: in addition to gas, toll roads e.g. Milan to Genoa and Montpelier calls for $$$. Be sure to keep your card wide open!
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #174
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Screw School ??

Long and Red for that tiny thing huh ??

tHANKS so much for sharing your awesome experience!!
Can't believe you made it 10,000 miles!! in just 3 weeks!
(you had to take extra insurance?)

I am planning a 15 days journey for around 2500 miles (and i thought i was pushing it!) in April to pick up my F30 335i MT!

Can't wait to have the same memories as yours! Your thread is the best ED story i have seen so far!
Comon who in their right mind would pass up that kind of offer.. right?? Nice catch with the pole (and no i def wasnt) lol. It was longer that 3 weeks. I dont know why the admin wrote that. Maybe some typo or somin. Picked up June 8th, dropped off July 19th. And yes i did buy extra insurance before i left but it wasnt too expensive.

Your route looks great. Few thoughts though. 1)I hope im wrong but i think that in April stelvio is still going to be closed. The snow there is intense. 2)You might want to avoid Milan. It has a lot of tolls around the city and a lot of traffic. 3) Stop by Monaco on the way to Nice atleast for a bit to see the city (drive through at least). 4) After Avignon i would try and take some off the beaten path roads because some of them are really nice in that part of France and to be honest the French highways are nothing special and really quite boring. 5) I HIGHLY and i mean HIGHLY suggest staying at the Ringhaus when your staying by The Ring. Jeorg and Vicky will take good care of you.

Hope you have a great time and remember to post your ED story too.

BTW just so you know H to I will be a bitch and a half so be ready lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #175
dasano18
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtm6000 View Post
Stelvio Pass is ACE, definitely worth the drive to get there. Next mission - the 'ring.

Just some info: in addition to gas, toll roads e.g. Milan to Genoa and Montpelier calls for $$$. Be sure to keep your card wide open!
Yea i do believe we paid a nice 50 euro toll on that part of the autostrada lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2012, 06:46 PM   #176
mamut
Registered
Rep
Drives: mini cooper s

Quote:

Rofl @ this guy.......this guy
Appreciate 0