E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > STEER CLEAR of Marco at McKenna BMW!!!

04-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
rattmobbins
Captain
Rep
Drives: '15 Escalade, '07 530 xiT

STEER CLEAR of Marco at McKenna BMW!!!

Dude SUCKS BALLS and is shady as hell!!!

Bought a set of 225s from him a couple months back that he CLAIMED where perfectly straight with no cracks, just a littel curb rash. Great, no problem.

Right off the bat things got strange and I should have bailed out, but you live, you learn.

He calls me and says, oh hey, there's a thing I want from Mod Bargains that's like $730, so they're gonna call you and have you pay for it on your card, and then I'll ship your wheels out to you. WTF??? But dude at Mod called, everything seemed legit, so I went with it. Strange, but whatever.

Then, it took him a week to ship the damn things out because he was trying to find boxes. That annoyed me, but again whatever.

Wheels showed up double boxed, no damage to the boxes AT ALL. Opened up just 1 of the 4 boxes to look at the wheel, the other 3 stayed packed in the boxes they were shipped in. Never even cut the tape. Sat like that in my garage for past 2 months or so.

Today, I finally go to get my tires installed and the shop tells me "bad news, 3 of those 4 wheels are bent". WHAT?!?!?! Show me! So we walk out to the balancing machine, and sure enough, wobbly as hell.

I immediately text Marco who continues to claim they were in perfect balance and totally round when he sent them to me. Bullshit. Says something must have happened after he sent them to me which is 100% NOT POSSIBLE!!! The boxes were in PERFECT condition, so UPS isn't to blame, and they've been sitting in my garage IN THOSE SAME BOXES for the past 2 months!!! So unless I've got some magical magnetic forces at work in my garage or am infested with those mythical wheel bending bugs I keep hearing about, THEY HAD TO BE BENT WHEN THEY WERE SENT TO ME!!!

Anyway, he's obviously not going to do anything to help, so I wanted to warn everyone on here to watch out for this sneaky bastard. Sure maybe buying new stuff from him is fine, but I wouldn't touch anything he sells used with a 10 foot pole.

You've been warned.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
jzchen
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335xi E90

I knew a tire store that actually bent your wheels when you went in. You could hear a loud "clank" in the back once in a while. I stopped going there....
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 05:42 PM   #3
GT1281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330e/F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
Dude SUCKS BALLS and is shady as hell!!!

Bought a set of 225s from him a couple months back that he CLAIMED where perfectly straight with no cracks, just a littel curb rash. Great, no problem.

Right off the bat things got strange and I should have bailed out, but you live, you learn.

He calls me and says, oh hey, there's a thing I want from Mod Bargains that's like $730, so they're gonna call you and have you pay for it on your card, and then I'll ship your wheels out to you. WTF??? But dude at Mod called, everything seemed legit, so I went with it. Strange, but whatever.

Then, it took him a week to ship the damn things out because he was trying to find boxes. That annoyed me, but again whatever.

Wheels showed up double boxed, no damage to the boxes AT ALL. Opened up just 1 of the 4 boxes to look at the wheel, the other 3 stayed packed in the boxes they were shipped in. Never even cut the tape. Sat like that in my garage for past 2 months or so.

Today, I finally go to get my tires installed and the shop tells me "bad news, 3 of those 4 wheels are bent". WHAT?!?!?! Show me! So we walk out to the balancing machine, and sure enough, wobbly as hell.

I immediately text Marco who continues to claim they were in perfect balance and totally round when he sent them to me. Bullshit. Says something must have happened after he sent them to me which is 100% NOT POSSIBLE!!! The boxes were in PERFECT condition, so UPS isn't to blame, and they've been sitting in my garage IN THOSE SAME BOXES for the past 2 months!!! So unless I've got some magical magnetic forces at work in my garage or am infested with those mythical wheel bending bugs I keep hearing about, THEY HAD TO BE BENT WHEN THEY WERE SENT TO ME!!!

Anyway, he's obviously not going to do anything to help, so I wanted to warn everyone on here to watch out for this sneaky bastard. Sure maybe buying new stuff from him is fine, but I wouldn't touch anything he sells used with a 10 foot pole.

You've been warned.
Sorry to hear about that bro. Were they new or used? How bad are the wheels? It's not something that the weights could fix? To bad you didn't use Paypal. Good luck and I hope you get everything straightened out.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #4
rattmobbins
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil335 View Post
Sorry to hear about that bro. Were they new or used? How bad are the wheels? It's not something that the weights could fix? To bad you didn't use Paypal. Good luck and I hope you get everything straightened out.
Wheels were used, but still.

And yeah, they were able to balance them out for the most part, but again, still.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #5
N55
ⒸⒺⓇⓉⓘⒻⒾⒺⒹ✬ⓃⒾⓃⒿⒶ
United_States
Rep
Drives: 🚀

Garage List
You should have opened all 4 boxes and inspected them for any damages/accuracy as soon as they arrived.

At my retail store, we receive shipments daily from my suppliers. My supplier's contract explicitly states to check for any damages and report them within 24 hours. After that you are SOL.

Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
GT1281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 330e/F25 X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rattmobbins View Post
Wheels were used, but still.

And yeah, they were able to balance them out for the most part, but again, still.
I agree. Used or new it should have been disclosed to you when you bought them. Glad to hear everything got fixed for the most part.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2013, 02:59 PM   #7
rattmobbins
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by N55 View Post
You should have opened all 4 boxes and inspected them for any damages/accuracy as soon as they arrived.
That wouldn't have done me any good!

They don't LOOK bent, there's no visible damage to them, but when you throw 'em on a wheel balancing machine they wobble like crazy.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 02:12 AM   #8
RazRokz.!
Captain
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i

I almost bought a PE from mcKenna BMW. Kinda happy I went through tisher. That's some shady stuff. Has he even tried to get in contact with you to fix things?
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #9
JustinGTP
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '13 MINI Paceman JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazRokz.! View Post
I almost bought a PE from mcKenna BMW. Kinda happy I went through tisher. That's some shady stuff. Has he even tried to get in contact with you to fix things?
I don't think he bought them through the dealership, he bought them outside of the dealership through a dealer employee....

Maybe OP needs to contact the GM at McKenna and raise some hell. (Bad representation of the dealer online, etc.)
'09 LCI 335i E90 in BSM over Oyster Dakota Leather, Manual, Sport, Navigation, Individual Audiophile, Executive, Active Steering, JB4 + MHD BEF, 335is Exhaust w/AWE Tuning Tips, AFE DCI, Euro Tails/Fog Light Switch, various painted and other OEM + mods, 19" M5 reps summer
'13 MINI Cooper S Paceman JCW R61in Light White & Black Roof/Mirror Caps/Sport Stripes, Loaded + Rare
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
Charlie@McKennaBMWService
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Shelby GT350

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinGTP View Post
I don't think he bought them through the dealership, he bought them outside of the dealership through a dealer employee....

Maybe OP needs to contact the GM at McKenna and raise some hell. (Bad representation of the dealer online, etc.)
Correct, I can't speak for Marco and his business outside the dealer but I assure you he's a stand up guy, he must have not known they were bent and after reading the other posts above it appears that the balance worked out in the end. As a dealer we can't sell damaged new parts, so that is why we steer clear from used parts.
Appreciate 0