E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Guest Day at The Club at Lime Rock - May 10th 2008: 04-14-2008

Guest Day at The Club at Lime Rock - May 10th 2008
Calendar: USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority

Guest Day at The Club at Lime Rock
May 10, 2008

On Saturday May 10th The Club at Lime Rock will be pleased to welcome the members of Bimmerfest, E90Post, Bimmerpages, Teamspeed etc. to Lime Rock Park. Lime Rock Park, the Road Racing Center of the East, is located in Lakeville Connecticut in the North West corner of the state about two hours north of New York City and two and one half hours west of Boston. The day will be dedicated to Andy Schloss. Andy, the son of Bimmerfest member Larry Schloss, passed away last month after a seven-month battle with leukemia.

The first 25 to sign up will be invited to line up on the starting grid behind a pace car and will be led around the track for several “Andy Schloss Tribute Laps.” The names of two attendees will be drawn at random and the winners will be fitted with helmets, strapped into a race car and will be taken for “hot laps” around the track (which is one of the fastest road racing courses in the US) as a passenger in a race car driven by a Lime Rock Club coach, All of the coaches have extensive professional racing experience and can assure you that this will be a real adrenalin booster, After it is over it will take a month to get the grins off of the faces of the two lucky winners.

May 10th is a Lime Rock Club Track Day and everyone is invited to participate in the days track activities. There is a fee of $2,000 which will be applied against the membership fee. The "fee" is optional if you wish to participate in the "Club at Lime Rock's" on track activities which coincides with our day at the track. That would be driving your car or the spec Miatas, riding with instructors etc. If you later decided you wanted to join the Club the fee would be deducted from your membership dues. There's no fee for the general event, parade lap, track tour, and general socializing, etc.

The details of Club membership are available at www.limerockclub.com. The track day runs from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and participants will be able to drive their own cars or club cars (Spec Miatas) on the track and receive one on one coaching from one of the Club’s instructors. I participated in a Club track day last Friday. It was an unbelievable experience that I strongly recommend. I drove a Spec Miata with Lime Rock Club coaches Pete Argetsinger and Simon Kirkby riding along. In addition to being terrific guys, Pete and Simon are two of the most preeminent driver coaches in the world. Simon’s company, Lapwing Management, oversees the Formula BMW program in the US and Pete is Chief Mentor to the series. Pete and Simon have raced at virtually every major track in the US and Europe and have coached drivers in Formula BMW, Formula One, ALMS and virtually every other major road racing series. The Spec Miatas are a hoot to drive. They have a huge amount of grip (we were running with slicks) and are very predictable. I still can’t believe I had the opportunity to learn from these two masters. It was by far the greatest experience I have ever had behind the wheel of a car. If you desire to participate in the track activities PM me and I will pass your information along to the Club.

For those who would like to attend the event but will not be participating in the on track activities we would like to organize cruises from surrounding areas and meet at Lime Rock Park at 2:00 PM. Attendees will be directed to Paddock B (The Sunoco Paddock) where Lime Rock owner Skip Barber will give a brief presentation on The Club at Lime Rock and discuss the improvements that are being made to the track. We will then line up on the grid for the tribute laps. Participants will have the opportunity to tour the track and watch the day’s activities. The Patroon (Albany) Chapter of the BMWCCA will be sharing the track with The Lime Rock Club that day, so there will be lots of BMWs, a lot going on and plenty to see and do. I worked as a track steward for the Patroon Chapter at Lime Rock last fall and they are a great bunch of guys (and gals).

There are a variety of facilities at the track including rest rooms, a snack bar, a store etc. If you would like to attend PM me (captainaudio) or send an email to limerockday@gmail.com. Your name will be added to the guest list and you will receive directions to Lime Rock and an invitation that can be printed out and must be shown at the gate the day of the event. If you would like to bring guests or know anyone who would like to attend let me know. If anyone would like to help organize cruises to the track please contact me. We are expecting members from New York, New Jersey, and New England but everyone is invited.

CA

RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.