E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > BT scan of E90 335 with JB+ (code thrown)

03-25-2009, 02:11 PM   #89
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateendz View Post
Dude seriously...chill out...just ignore it and leave it alone
OK. fair.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #90
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW THIS! View Post
OK. fair.
Awesome Now lets get back to the topic of the thread...
      03-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #91
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

--self-edited for prosperity.
      03-25-2009, 02:16 PM   #92
mezzo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2006 E92 335i  [0.00]
Remind me again.....wot was this thread about ???
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:17 PM   #93
ultimateendz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzo View Post
Remind me again.....wot was this thread about ???
some jb+ issues when car was scanned I believe
      03-25-2009, 02:24 PM   #94
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

I forgot too.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:38 PM   #95
bren335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

Quote:
Wow that says it all. You guys are fools. A pinnacle leader of being an asshole. Strongest vendor? Why dont you tell all the other vendors that! Remember the strength is in numbers you retard!

btw, does shivs dick really taste that good?
That's funny because in the real world - Shiv is my competition. Notice my status to the left.

Although being around the tuning world for a while - he has been there and a market leader/innovator before you took 500mg's of Ritalin as a child.

Everything in this market followed his lead, Dinan wanted to sub out HIS software etc.

So what if hes a tad abrasive, tells it like it is, gives other spoon-fed vendors (more like non technical marketers with a mean ctrl C button) a hard time. I find it comical. When you actually understand the factual things behind what he's saying (as someone in my field would) he actually makes a bit of sense.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:44 PM   #96
ultimateendz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bren335i View Post
That's funny because in the real world - Shiv is my competition. Notice my status to the left.

Although being around the tuning world for a while - he has been there and a market leader/innovator before you took 500mg's of Ritalin as a child.

Everything in this market followed his lead, Dinan wanted to sub out HIS software etc.

So what if hes a tad abrasive, tells it like it is, gives other spoon-fed vendors (more like non technical marketers with a mean ctrl C button) a hard time. I find it comical. When you actually understand the factual things behind what he's saying (as someone in my field would) he actually makes a bit of sense.

Hey man...seriously lets not start this over again...the fire was put out...BMWTHIS! was cool enough to drop it so please dont instigate...
      03-25-2009, 02:49 PM   #97
bren335i
Banned
Rep
Drives: E60 M5

I'm done. JB+ ftw.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 02:51 PM   #98
ultimateendz
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I'm done. JB+ ftw.
      03-25-2009, 03:08 PM   #99
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:

actually I was on 10's as a teenager but they never did much. I went to Dexedrine then to Adderall. I think Adderall maybe a bit too much as I take XR in the AM and PM (30mg each) but who knows only some of the smartest people in the world are ADHD*

*we just have a tendency to not wear the same socks or be a bit off our rockers.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #100
NatesGr8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 Legacy GT

Quote:
Dont let the door hit you in the ass fruitcake.
namecalling

i believe the thread was about some tuning shop not liking the JB+ and I agree with them. As I originally stated i'd go with a JB3 if trying to keep my cost low since the JB3 has more safety features.
      03-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #101
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatesGr8 View Post
namecalling

i believe the thread was about some tuning shop not liking the JB+ and I agree with them. As I originally stated i'd go with a JB3 if trying to keep my cost low since the JB3 has more safety features.

Oh man I just received a message.....There is a Subaru forum missing your keen since of knowledge and intellect. Better get back to them ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #102
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningman View Post
So first, according to your posts, the JB+ has no capability for boost logic.
No. You aren't reading what I'm writing. I said that the JB+ only has access to MAP and IAT data. Not RPM or TPS. My point, and I think I was pretty clear, was that it can't share the same boost control algorithms as the JB3 as professed by others. In fact, they can't even be remotely similar.

Quote:
Then just a few posts later not only does it have capability for logic, the problem is really that the logic is all wrong. So Mike@N54tuning has to come in and correct you. Again. Really though, can we blame you? You're just a guy trying to make ends meet. I'm willing to accept you just are ignorant to the facts here and doing your best to try to help. The real mistake is for anyone to read your posts and accept them as anything other than your personally biased conjecture.
Again. Please re-read my comments. You aren't even making sense.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:46 PM   #103
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
No. You aren't reading what I'm writing. I said that the JB+ only has access to MAP and IAT data. Not RPM or TPS. My point, and I think I was pretty clear, was that it can't share the same boost control algorithms as the JB3 as professed by others. In fact, they can't even be remotely similar.

Again. Please re-read my comments. You aren't even making sense.

Shiv
Dude just stop. For the love of anything just stop. Posting anything in this thread is just worthless. Let it die and go into oblivion.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:50 PM   #104
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Dude just stop. For the love of anything just stop. Posting anything in this thread is just worthless. Let it die and go into oblivion.
My suggestion is to try to stay on topic and try to stay technical. And most importantly, try to contribute to this thread. I know you don't like what you are reading. Best option for you would be to stop reading it.

I don't understand why your interests are so vested in this topic. There is NEVER a reason to call someone a name. And there is NEVER a reason to tell someone, who his contributing tech, to stop talking. If my posts really bother you that much on such an emotional level, just add my to your ignore list. I wont be offended.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:51 PM   #105
cougfan335
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe MT, Montego/Saddle

I dream of a day when a thread can contain a discussion of one tune with out the other being mentioned. Scanned through 3 pages of crap to find out that there is still no resolution or reasoning behind these tuner codes with the JB+ installed. I have the most recent software and installed my JB+ a day before the first post about throwing a code happened. I guess I will keep searching and waiting to see if this is a common thing with the newest software update, or maybe it is related to the temperature outside or maybe the thing just sucks (not likely considering how awesome and smooth mine feels on 92 oct. at default).
e92 335i: Montego, Saddle Brown, Burl Walnut, MT, Sport, Prem, CW, PDC, Rear Shade. Mods: JB4, BMS Dual Intake, Cyba Scoops, Beyern Mesh Chrome 19" wheels, 15% F1 tint, LeatherZ weighted shift knob, body color reflectors, Matte black grill with Montego surround, middle lower grill removed, left and right lower grills painted black.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 03:52 PM   #106
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
My suggestion is to try to stay on topic and try to stay technical. And most importantly, try to contribute to this thread. I know you don't like what you are reading. Best option for you would be to stop reading it.

I don't understand why your interests are so vested in this topic. There is NEVER a reason to call someone a name. And there is NEVER a reason to tell someone, who his contributing tech, to stop talking.

Shiv
What exactly are you contributing. Btw, your not talking your writing. Why am I so vested? Because I am sick of the way you go into threads and pollute the hell out of them. It is just disgusting. You should have more respect for yourself, your company and your customers to continue to do this. I have absolutely no problem with any type of opposition as long as it is legit but these tuner wars have to stop. It is just childish!

If you keep this up I am going to do the same thing to you in every thread. You wont be able to shit without me being there flaming the hell out of the thread. I feel that petition starting very soon!
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #107
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red135 View Post
+1. The SSTT threw a code for at least two people on 1Addicts.
The SSTT did that to "a friend of mine" last year but no one wanted to believe it.
Dealer just gave "him" a slap on the wrist
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 04:05 PM   #108
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougfan335 View Post
I dream of a day when a thread can contain a discussion of one tune with out the other being mentioned. Scanned through 3 pages of crap to find out that there is still no resolution or reasoning behind these tuner codes with the JB+ installed. I have the most recent software and installed my JB+ a day before the first post about throwing a code happened. I guess I will keep searching and waiting to see if this is a common thing with the newest software update, or maybe it is related to the temperature outside or maybe the thing just sucks (not likely considering how awesome and smooth mine feels on 92 oct. at default).
Back on topic:

The deduction on N54tech with one of the two JB+ users that experienced a code looks like he installed/removed the JB+ while the ECU was still awake and had not disconnected the battery.

This wouldn't be the first time but we need some confirmation. Easy enough to test. Someone send me a JB+
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 04:08 PM   #109
BMW THIS!
Banned
Rep

yes there is a code. it happened to me too. but cleared and it never happened again
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2009, 04:15 PM   #110
ultimateendz
United_States
Rep

I believe that has happened to someone with a SSTT on this forum here too a while back...forgot to disconnect the battery and shazzam...tuner code...