E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Show me your wrapped interior trim

09-03-2012, 03:52 AM   #45
Cyprio
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi S4 B/Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckySpud View Post
You mean Cyprio's car? Pretty sure that's genuine carbon...

I got my samples over the weekend, got to say the gloss and matte cf di-noc is pretty similar, not as much in it as I expected. I've ordered enough to do my interior now, should be here by weekend hopefully
Yes, although the gloss has a sheen they are very similar.

I ordered a gloss sample to try and match my centre console and when I got it I thought they had sent me matt by mistake!

I've bought some of this instead : http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306496647...84.m1439.l2649
Appreciate 0
      09-09-2012, 09:34 PM   #46
DuckySpud
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320D Touring

I got my Di-Noc the other day and have tried to get my trim wrapped tonight. Ive done the dash parts and the centre console part alright with minimal problems.

Trying to do the door trims now though and its just creasing loads on the curves and generally being a bit of a nightmare! Anybody any tips to help out? Im blasting it with a hairdryer but it cant work miracles haha.

If all else fails, might just leave the door trims as they are...
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2012, 02:03 AM   #47
gchild
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: honda

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckySpud
I got my Di-Noc the other day and have tried to get my trim wrapped tonight. Ive done the dash parts and the centre console part alright with minimal problems.

Trying to do the door trims now though and its just creasing loads on the curves and generally being a bit of a nightmare! Anybody any tips to help out? Im blasting it with a hairdryer but it cant work miracles haha.

If all else fails, might just leave the door trims as they are...
Make sure you have some excess of vinyl on any curves or corner bits. Heat it so it stretches, then pull/stretch some more as you apply it. Should do the job with minimal creases.
Appreciate 0