E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > coding reqd after replace window/morror switch?

07-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
smurphy522
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i (2007)

coding reqd after replace window/morror switch?

Hi All,
Trying to figure out what's going on here.

My car is still under CPO (til 7/17/2013) and I when my car sits for 3+ hrs or the doors are unlocked the drivers side (DS) mirror drops to the lowest position. The mirror control switch also does not work so the mirror has to be moved into position manually.

Initially I took to dealer to fix. They TS it as a faulty switch - replace same. I told them not to repair it as they explained it was not covered under my CPO and would be about $300.....what! My SA was kind enough not charge for the 1 hr TS. So I bought the part - the control switch assembly for mirrors/windows in the DS door. Upon replacing the switch I still have the same strange behavior of the DS mirror. It does not matter what position the side switch is in and it also moves both the drivers side mirror and the passenger mirror when put in reverse.

Sometimes the seat position memory (also for the mirrors) will get the mirror back in its proper place. Even if the mirror control switch does not work sometimes the seat position works. That is sporadic.

Anyway I was wondering does the ECU or something have to be flased or P-BUS programmed to fix this. Any ideas? I do have an Appt to bring back to the dealer in a week. A phone call to the dealerships SA did not answer anything: as he not his manager have "never seen this".

I was hoping to get some feedback from others who may have seen similar behaviors. thank you.

Last edited by smurphy522; 07-01-2013 at 01:41 PM.. Reason: I see the door switches are on a P-bus ot CAN-bus
Appreciate 0