E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Right, work with me here.

06-27-2011, 02:46 PM   #23
CHG
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Variety of 4 Wheeled Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
I can only really help with this bit.

I considered an auto for my 320d but so glad I didn't. I've had a 320d auto loaner since last Thursday morning and hate it. I started off thinking 'Oh, nice!' when lazing about in heavy traffic or the odd launch from the lights but it's just (imo) so uninvolving and dull. I'm guessing a big petrol or diesel and it would be a different story but if you enjoy driving the 320d then avoid an auto.

Fuel economy is good though. Mainly because you never go over 40 and just want the journey to end.
I disagree... I have a 318D E91 Auto and it's brilliant... the box takes a few days to adjust to your style, but once it does its so smooth and easy to use... Mine is a 2010 model, so not sure if the box is different, but it's a good box on mine.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2011, 03:51 PM   #24
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

I sometimes wonder if I should have gone for auto.

My driving is 90% rural so manual shines there. But the 10% of the time I'm moving around town the short 1st gear really pisses me off.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:41 AM   #25
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325D MSport

You know, I went to look at a local SE spec motor last night to see how bad the interior was.

It may not be as pretty as M-Sport spec but it is night and day better than base spec in other cars.

Seems the back seats are the same shape too, just cloth.

Would most certainly not put me off a good car visually or from a comfort perspective.

Besides, by the time there is 2 cars seats in the back and an assortment of boke/food/shit, whether its leather, alcantara or cloth......it doesnt matter really.

A
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 08:59 AM   #26
kaishang
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinjur View Post
I have found the E91 WITH xenons......the interior however makes me want to eat my own shit.

Anyone know of a nicer E91 interior about for sale?

Andy
Seems like your problems could be solved with more cash for a car more suitable for your requirements.

Retrofitting xenon lights or a new interior is a waste of money. You are paying new part prices plus labour on a car which has already depreciated to 1/3 it's original value. The xenon headlights in particular may be classed as a modification, which will lead to more expensive insurance.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 09:03 AM   #27
jinjur
yes....spelt with J's
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 325D MSport

Thanks, but moot point anyway chap..........see my thread titled "Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooo"

ahem

A
Appreciate 0