E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Adamaster - Mixed Review

07-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #1
r3volution
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Question Adamaster - Mixed Review

I recently ordered Jet Black splitters and front grille for my E90.

Administrative
Adamaster was great to deal with; quick replies and detailed responses. Very easy to contact and was very cordial (even though I must have PM'd him at least 20 times).

Shipping
Package arrived just as expected - on time and clean (no outward damage to box). Both the splitters and grille was in their separate boxes and wrapped with a thin Styrofoam sheet.

Canada Post didn't leave a "slip" at my house notifying me that they had attempted a delivery so I was unaware that the product was delivered until I checked the tracking code and realized that something was wrong. This is NOT Adamaster's fault.

Front Grille
PERFECT. No damage upon shipment. I was unable to install these for a week (no access to my car) but when I finally got to it, I was completely satisfied by both the product and the look. Fitment and paint match was perfect.

Front Splitters
When I first took out the splitters from the box, there were small paint cracks on the side (the part the wraps around the wheel well) on both the left & right splitter. Since these cracks were fairly small (about the size of a dime) and relatively invisible when installed, I did not report it, nor did I feel it was worth making an issue of. As my mother had borrowed my car for an out-of-town conference, I was unable to test the fitment until a week later.

I know at this point I should have contacted Adamaster but I trusted his product (many people haven't had problems before). It just slipped my mind.

Anyway, so when I tried applying the splitters, I noticed that it was so warped, that it wouldn't fit on my bumper. I sent Adamaster a PM with a few pictures of the cracks and the fitment. He replied saying that there was friction burn (I don't know what this is, nor was I complaining about it) and that I had installed the splitters incorrectly. I had read the DIYs on this forum, and I don't know how you can installed splitters incorrectly.

Anyway, after that, I tried to bend the splitters back into shape so I could possibly make it fit. I had to bend the piece around and also had the file down the inside of the left splitter (there was a odd protruding bump that I thought might have been the culprit). Still no luck. I managed to get a better fitment, but in the process of bending it, I cracked the paint on the top corner of the splitter (this was my fault of course). I took a few pictures of the "new" fitment. Yet the reply I got was that these were a DIFFERENT set (because of the new crack) and that he could not replace them. I offered to take more pictures to show that this was indeed the same set but Adamaster adamantly refused.

Conclusion
I know that many people on this forum buy products from him and I am NOT trying to convince you guys to stop purchasing products from him. His products are great, but his customer service is less than satisfactory. I got unlucky with a defective product and all I got were excuses and pointed fingers instead of the responses I had expected.

Last edited by r3volution; 07-07-2008 at 09:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:10 AM   #2
r3volution
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Here is a transcript of the PMs since the issue.
r3volution
Quote:
Hi.

I finally got the chance to open the package and take a look at the parts.

The grille was perfect. Great paint match and everything. Really happy about the look. Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have a few problems about the splitters. When I first took it out of the package, I noticed a small crack (~1inch) on both of the splitters. Both of the cracks are on the part that wraps around the corner. Since no one would really look back there anyway, I just shrugged it off and proceeded to attempt to mount it on the car. The fitment is very unsatisfactory. The splitters do not sit flush against the car. I can take pictures of the fitment & damage tomorrow. I know that the damage was not your fault, but I did not pay for ill-fitting splitters.

Please reply back with a solution. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks.
adamaster
Quote:
Excuse me!! Because have passed by for 1 months, we must confirmation it first !
Please show the photo for us .
Thanks!!
r3volution
Quote:
Of course! I'll send you some pictures later tonight.
adamaster
Quote:
Thanks! I will wait for you .
r3volution
Quote:
Hey!
Here are a few pictures showing the peeling paint cracks and the fitment problem. It seems that the side edge isn't straight, so when the bottom is aligned, the top is slanted. Please take a look at the pictures I've attached.

adamaster
Quote:
We declare first, if the problem of the item have relation with we, we will be responsible for changing new.

1.The photo can perceive that your install process contain mistake, the splitter did not install completely.
2.The photo manifestation still has the abnormality to wear away except break. Looked like had to fricition burn and bump.
3.If our quality contain drawback, why did not notify us when you receive the item, but wait for till now.

So, very sorry! we can't compensate a new item to you.
r3volution
First Response
Quote:
Hi, I understand your point-of-view, but please let me explain a bit.

1. I can't install them properly because they are so warped, they don't fit.
2.Sorry, I don't fully understand this point. Are you saying that the paint is peeling because of friction burn and bump?
3. As I mentioned in my first PM, I noticed the paint cracking when I first opened the package, but didn't think it was worth the trouble to bother you about. It is a small crack and was located where no one would see. I was unable to test it on my car until just recently (my mother took it to a conference in Hamilton).

I ordered Angel Eyes from JLevi (before ordering the splitters from you) and when I found that it didn't work (same day I msged you), they offered a replacement immediately.

I expected the same, if not better service from you.
Second Response
Quote:
I have attached a few more photos to show the fitment problem. Please take a look - these are clearer than the pictures I sent beforehand.

I would like to avoid any arguments, disputes and having to ask for other people's opinions about this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Thanks.

When the bottom corner is flush against the bumper, the top corner is about 1cm away from the bumper.

adamaster
Quote:
Very sorry, we still can't change a new for you!
The car right side, have a obviously friction burn.
The car left side , have the different fracture.So we deemed that it's not same one item .
Sorry !!

r3volution
Quote:
It is the same item. The paint is cracking at the top of the left splitter now, but that is my fault. I can show you the similarities between the "new" splitter and the previous photos if it would make a difference. They are the same, just more damaged (my fault...not yours).

As for the friction burn, I don't know what that is and this isn't the reason why I had contacted you. I'm worried about the FITMENT and the ORIGINAL paint cracks (not the one I made on the left top corner).

Please reply back - I will take more pictures to confirm the both "sets" of pictures are of the same splitter.
adamaster
Quote:
Please pardon me.
I can't change a new one for you !!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 12:00 PM   #3
mds82
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

Garage List
were these pieces pre-painted with you got them, or did you have someone paint them?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
r3volution
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
These were prepainted.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #5
[SIPUT]
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: sparkling graphite 320i

i must agree with you that the fitment of their product is not perfect. i bought a CF splitter from them and the gap between the splitter and the bumper is quite visible. however it is compensated with the perfect weave and pretty good price
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F80 M3/FK8/C63S

i purchased a set of front grill and lip from adamaster
the grill and the paint is super B
but the one u got ....have some serious cracking there....
should have complain to them when u 1st open ur package
at least u can get ur painting $$$ back?
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 02:34 PM   #7
r3volution
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
I don't think he's willing to give me any type of refund.
What is friction burn & bump? I've asked him about it, but I haven't received an answer. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that corner.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 04:15 PM   #8
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3volution View Post
I don't think he's willing to give me any type of refund.
What is friction burn & bump? I've asked him about it, but I haven't received an answer. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with that corner.
believe me they will refund u the paint $$$ since it's their fault that have those crack or whatever friction burn
anyways....GL guys....i am sure ada will come up with sth...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 01:17 AM   #9
addy85
Got beef?
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
makes me think twice before ordering splitters. I might just buy OEM's and call it a day

Special Thanks to AU335
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 03:21 AM   #10
MrToad
I rike bee em dub u
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by addy85 View Post
makes me think twice before ordering splitters. I might just buy OEM's and call it a day
+1 I'm thinking the exact same, although its pretty damn ridiculous how expensive they are

Back on topic- Sorry to see this, I hope everything gets resolved.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 11:19 AM   #11
adamaster
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW E90/E92

Why don't announce the complete dialogue,

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3volution

I wish we didn't have to come to this.
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154765

Thanks.

quote=adamaster]
The splitter obviously is to bump and cause damage, so we can't change a new one for you.

Reiterate once, if the responsibility of the items damage belongs to us, we absolutely be responsible and changing a new one , but we will never accept the threat.
We can't interfere with you to announce opinion on the website , Also will no respond for this case.
Sorry !!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 12:12 PM   #12
Kit523
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaster View Post

Quote:

Thanks.

quote=adamaster]
The splitter obviously is to bump and cause damage, so we can't change a new one for you.

Reiterate once, if the responsibility of the items damage belongs to us, we absolutely be responsible and changing a new one , but we will never accept the threat.
We can't interfere with you to announce opinion on the website , Also will no respond for this case.
Sorry !!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 12:27 PM   #13
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Red thing

messed up...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
r3volution
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
I was clear that this isn't a threat. If your customer service had been satisfactory or your products flawless like you claim them to be, then I wouldn't have to give you a mixed review.

You still haven't replied as to WHY the fitment is so poor. You keep blaming friction burn & bump. How could a bump warp the splitters? I've asked you to clarify a multiple number of times, yet you continue to remain silent. You claim that your products have 100% fitment, yet I can't even get the splitter on my car because of the warping.

I tried to be fair and objective while writing this review, but each time you refuse to reply to my PMs and refuse to explain, I continually lose my respect and trust for you and your products. The majority of your products may have 100%, but please keep in mind that you are not perfect.

Again, this wasn't meant to be a threat. I just wish that someone had warned me about this issue before doing business with you. I'm not writing this for my own benefit - I know that by now I will not be getting a refund of any sort. I am writing this for your customers in the future. I hope they will not have to go through the trouble that I did. I ask that potential buyers for adamaster's splitters consider other manufacturers or going OEM.

I sincerely apologize for taking up so much of your time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamaster View Post

Quote:

Thanks.

quote=adamaster]

Sorry !!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 01:43 PM   #15
Andrew@ET
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Red thing

what are you apologizing for ? its pretty obvious that shit doesnt fit its at an angel ...

just because others were perfect doesnt mean one cant come out messed up .. thats the point of a return some things are faulty.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #16
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

those paint cracks on a "newly" painted piece are unnaceptable
      07-08-2008, 02:20 PM   #17
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

you can try paypal or your credit card for a refund
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 02:38 PM   #18
r3volution
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2008 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicwoot.com View Post
you can try paypal or your credit card for a refund
Thanks for all the support you guys. Means a lot.

Never thought about getting the refund through Paypal. Thanks!
Good thing you mentioned this now. There is a 45 day limit. July 8 - May 26 = 44 days

Last edited by r3volution; 07-08-2008 at 03:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 04:06 PM   #19
Soni
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Just a car

Garage List
2007 335i Coupe  [9.00]
I had purchased product from Adamaster before, they refunded me when the product didn't fit, in fact their response was fast.
Sorry to hear that didn't work out for you!!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #20
jumpingjz
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

oh wow, i was about to order the CF mirror cover, but this thread really make me think twice about it...

JZ
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2008, 06:36 PM   #21
X1 Trojan
Go Dodgers?
Rep
Drives: '13 BSM X1 xdrive35i Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by r3volution View Post
I was clear that this isn't a threat. If your customer service had been satisfactory or your products flawless like you claim them to be, then I wouldn't have to give you a mixed review.

You still haven't replied as to WHY the fitment is so poor. You keep blaming friction burn & bump. How could a bump warp the splitters? I've asked you to clarify a multiple number of times, yet you continue to remain silent. You claim that your products have 100% fitment, yet I can't even get the splitter on my car because of the warping.

I tried to be fair and objective while writing this review, but each time you refuse to reply to my PMs and refuse to explain, I continually lose my respect and trust for you and your products. The majority of your products may have 100%, but please keep in mind that you are not perfect.

Again, this wasn't meant to be a threat. I just wish that someone had warned me about this issue before doing business with you. I'm not writing this for my own benefit - I know that by now I will not be getting a refund of any sort. I am writing this for your customers in the future. I hope they will not have to go through the trouble that I did. I ask that potential buyers for adamaster's splitters consider other manufacturers or going OEM.

I sincerely apologize for taking up so much of your time.
don't apologize, you did nothing wrong.

for a company to come in here, say you "threatened" them and give 0 explanation why the item fits horribly is just not acceptable.

I was 95% sure I was going to purchase over $1k in CF parts from Adamaster, but am not now. The other CF sellers on this site have suddenly sparked my interest
      07-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #22
judec
born to be turbocharged
Slovakia
Rep
Drives: Not a bimmer yet

geeez, and I thought my slovakian english is poor...

regarding the issue - the cracks are unacceptable on a new product, but I would possibly do the same and dont care about it too much if they are not seen. But it would raise my eyebrows anyway, there may be other quality issues there, and there are obviously.

These things seem to be impossible to mount. This is a critical fault. Even if U cracked the paint on other part of it, it is still unfittable, this way the paint U cracked is not really important, cuz this part cannot be repaired at any circumstances. If adamaster would play it fair and correctly, he would just refund the money and ask for a complete refund from the part manufacturer and dont sell this part anymore untill the correct fittment is confirmed. But I guess such practices are not really popular in China...

Appreciate 0