E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Powerflex rear subframe Poly Bushing (FULL replacement)

08-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Powerflex rear subframe Poly Bushing (FULL replacement)

These aren't the inserts. got a great deal for full replacement labor (cheaper than the other shops on here), so i couldn't resist. My oem bushes were in pretty solid shape @ 33k miles, so i'll be able to get a pretty good idea how they differ when street driving.

I did a few highway runs and aggressive turns today. All in all, not much driving, but the upgrade is such a big difference that you notice right away.

Rear end no longer feels jiggly at high speeds in a straight line,
turning feels more predictable and planted,
car feels more solid when launching

basically every situation you can think of where the rear end feels "unsure" during casual and aggressive street driving, these eliminated those issues. I don't track my car, but i bet the benefits would be even more evident there.

No decrease in comfort or extra road noise from what i can tell.

Those considering the oem m3 bushings, i'd say skip them and get these poly replacements (not inserts). easier to install (don't need to be pressed in), and more suitable for the large amounts of torque our cars put down when modded.

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 09:55 PM   #2
tofu-
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowkey335 View Post
Question, you said you dont track the car at all and obviously suspension and bushings are a must for track cars.....just wondering why you did this mod? Will you now do the entire car? I would have thought to do the front bushings first to see how the car reacts simply due to the weight of the motor and front end....how much installed were these things?
I never really had a problem with the front end after dialing in more negative camber (-1.9*)

I may do e93-M sway up front but that's about it unless I come across used control arms for cheap. I wont be doing any more polyflex bushes on my car as of now.

For me, the rear end issues are very noticeable in day to day driving. Liveable, and not "bad" in a general sense, but certainly room for improvement. For daily drivers think of the upgrade as sort of going from a reliable ryobi drill that never fails and gets the job done, to a contractor grade Makita for casual around the house use. Its a lot more fun, you definitely feel the difference, but it is expensive and not entirely necessary.

I paid 400 labor and supplied the bushes myself.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 10:13 AM   #3
tofu-
Banned
Rep

i was able to get the bushes from bimmer zone @ $280 after giving them a call (i think it's more expensive on their website). free shipping too.

mod bargains, VAC, and a couple other places i contacted wouldn't entertain the idea of lowering the price, let alone shipping for free
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 03:11 PM   #4
Midnight Magic
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92 335i - Monaco

Wassup bro! Thanks for installing the lux bulb for me yesterday. Kinda of tired driving around with one bruised looking eye...lol.
Cosmetic>// Lux H8 Amber Halo // Performance Kidney // MTech Bumper w/Smoked Fogs / Side Skirts //
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
tofu-
Banned
Rep

np man
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #6
joro2077
Rep
Drives: 335i E93

nice review and pics
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 11:30 AM   #7
3-Serious
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: AP e92 335i

How did you know which ones to get? I think i remember someone said they bought them and it made the frame of the car sit higher? I was thinking about doing this at the same time as my coilover install.
      12-12-2012, 12:45 PM   #8
tofu-
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickkg37s View Post
How did you know which ones to get? I think i remember someone said they bought them and it made the frame of the car sit higher? I was thinking about doing this at the same time as my coilover install.
it doesn't sit higher. I wish it did, but no such luck.

i got the part # from the powerflex site and just shopped around for the best deal

none of the vendors on this forum will budge on the price, so i wouldn't waste your time with them
Appreciate 0